The new Sig 365

TRJ

I suggested to Walther years ago that they make a double-stack magazine version of the PPS, basically using the P7M13 as an inspiration.

I just made a deposit on a pre-order so hopefully I will have a Sig P365 in my hands by the end of the month.

To throw more chum into the water, check out the new rumored Walther PPQ M2 SC (sub-compact) over on the Walther forums:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/94658-ppq-m2-sub-compact.html

It sounds like it will be similar to the Sig P365 in many ways, with a compact 10-round magazine and an extended 15-round one. It would be about 3 ounces heavier though. Apparently we won't know too much more from Walther until the SHOT show.

Where did you put the deposit down? SWFA seems like the best price, I haven't asked my local dealers yet.

Frogbones Family Shooting Center in Florida, (321) 312-4576. One of the managers is in the Facebook group Sig Sauer P365 - Owners (pre-orders) with me. They were super nice to deal with on the phone.

$479 + $30 shipping, and a $50 deposit to hold your place in line. No sales tax, of course. They are a Sig Elite dealer so I hope that means they will be getting their requested allotment before most other dealers.

In Illinois, Mega Sports in Plainfield is the closest Sig Elite dealer to me (and the only one in northern Illinois as far as I can tell), but that would require at least two 90-minute drives to Plainfield.

I suggested to Walther years ago that they make a double-stack magazine version of the PPS, basically using the P7M13 as an inspiration.

I just made a deposit on a pre-order so hopefully I will have a Sig P365 in my hands by the end of the month.

To throw more chum into the water, check out the new rumored Walther PPQ M2 SC (sub-compact) over on the Walther forums:http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/94658-ppq-m2-sub-compact.html

It sounds like it will be similar to the Sig P365 in many ways, with a compact 10-round magazine and an extended 15-round one. It would be about 3 ounces heavier though. Apparently we won't know too much more from Walther until the SHOT show.

That's a double stack. More like a G26 or HK VP9SK or HKP30C

Where did you put the deposit down? SWFA seems like the best price, I haven't asked my local dealers yet.

Frogbones Family Shooting Center in Florida, (321) 312-4576. One of the managers is in the Facebook group Sig Sauer P365 - Owners (pre-orders) with me. They were super nice to deal with on the phone.

$479 + $30 shipping, and a $50 deposit to hold your place in line. No sales tax, of course. They are a Sig Elite dealer so I hope that means they will be getting their requested allotment before most other dealers.

In Illinois, Mega Sports in Plainfield is the closest Sig Elite dealer to me (and the only one in northern Illinois as far as I can tell), but that would require at least two 90-minute drives to Plainfield.

Thanks I asked to join. I bought my last Sig at Point Blank when they had a Sig weekend. They are having another event this weekend, I pinged them about pricing but haven't heard back.

With all you guys paying these high pre-order prices, it's going to take a while for this gun to be sold at a reasonable price.

Myself, I wouldn't buy a gun that I may pocket carry if it doesn't have a safety, so when one finally comes out I expect the price to be much lower, somewhere in the $300 range. If not, no biggie for me. I haven't bought any sig yet and don't know what I'm missing, and I'm OK with that.

To throw more chum into the water, check out the new rumored Walther PPQ M2 SC (sub-compact) over on the Walther forums:http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/94658-ppq-m2-sub-compact.html

Interesting, like an updated p99c without the antistress trigger. They probably won't be able to shrink the size due to Walther keeping their mags interchangeable, but it's good to have options.

JoeBob is offering them for $499.99 with free shipping: https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Sig-Sauer-P365-Nitron-Micro-Compact-9mm-10-1-p/gun-365-9-bss.htm

I have nothing in 9mm, this is an awesome looking little pistol and looks great for summer carry. But like some others I'll let other people buy them first and report on any bugs.

One of the downsides aside from being a beta tester is that there won't be any holsters available for it at least for a couple of months.
More than that. I was a "beta tester" for the P320 subcompact. They used all of the feedback from sigforums to modify parts like the slide lock lever, the takedown lever, the trigger ("adverse" trigger vs stock), etc and then went and sold the revised pads on their store to P320 owners. So P320 owners give them feedback on crappy parts then Sig goes and revises them, says "You can replace the slide lock lever with our revised version for $50 plus $10 shipping." Then the whole voluntary upgrade and that trigger is far different from the stock one or Apex flat one I had installed. So now I gotta get used to that or sell it and leaning toward selling it and getting an HK VP9SK.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

One of the downsides aside from being a beta tester is that there won't be any holsters available for it at least for a couple of months.

More than that. I was a "beta tester" for the P320 subcompact. They used all of the feedback from sigforums to modify parts like the slide lock lever, the takedown lever, the trigger ("adverse" trigger vs stock), etc and then went and sold the revised pads on their store to P320 owners. So P320 owners give them feedback on crappy parts then Sig goes and revises them, says "You can replace the slide lock lever with our revised version for $50 plus $10 shipping." Then the whole voluntary upgrade and that trigger is far different from the stock one or Apex flat one I had installed. So now I gotta get used to that or sell it and leaning toward selling it and getting an HK VP9SK.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I know a few people that bought P320's for USPSA/3 gun and pretty much bought them when they were first released. Not one person was happy the following year.

After all of the issues were mostly resolved, they seemed to be okay with the guns though.

My dad is interested in this new Sig, but I told him to wait a year before deciding whether or not to buy one. I may redirect him to that HK.

After all of the issues were mostly resolved, they seemed to be okay with the guns though. My dad is interested in this new Sig, but I told him to wait a year before deciding whether or not to buy one. I may redirect him to that HK.

The trigger post-upgrade is really different from the stock one. I was shooting center mass effortlessly and now I'm pulling them down and left. Either need to get used to the trigger or dump it, which shouldn't be a problem, pick up an HK. I've got three Crossbreed holsters for it. One for railed, two for the no-rail frame.

I also paid a crapload of money for one of the first P320SC in 9mm with night sights, even though I got a good deal at Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. Now they're being deeply discounted so I'm not too happy about that. Drop in retail price equals drop in resale value.

The parts aren't listed on Sig's store. Gotta call and specially order them. That's how I got my medium sized railed grip frame. It came with small, no rail. Their shipping price is insane. $9.99 to ship a slide lock lever.

The biggest beef I have with that pistol is my pinky dangles off the bottom of the grip. There are no real pinky extensions out there other than the Adams ones which are made from aluminum. You'd think someone with a 3D printer could take floor plates and 3D print a cheapo pinky extension like a Pearce. The HK has pinky extensions stock on all of the mags. It just looks like a solid pistol, but it's new and likely has undiscovered issues just like every other new firearm. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived