IGOLD 2020 Buses

20jlr

Time for my annual Ride-Amtrak-to IGOLD post?

If you're anywhere near Chicago Union Station, Joliet, or Bloomington-Normal, Amtrak is easy, cheap, and perfect on timing.

If you're near St. Louis, Alton, or Carlinville, it can work, too.

The adult round-trip from Joliet, say, is $28. There is a cafe car for coffee and snacks.

The only negative on the Chicago-based run is that RacerDave6 and I will be along for the ride.

Hey! I resemble that remark

:-)

Yes, once again we'll be riding the rails to IGOLD.

Can't beat the price, don't have to find or pay for parking, and can partake in a couple adult beverages at Boones before ubering to the Springfield station just in time to nap on the ride back to J-town.

Lets make them add some cars to the train. Everybody on board!

I have it from GAT Guns, East Dundee, that there's an ISRA-sponsored bus for IGOLD departing from there, but they did not have solid details. I will be back with any I discover.

GAT is an especially good place to start a bus from, not the least part of which is that enormous parking lot.

I got this from our friends at Five Star Firearms in Zion:

5 Star Firearms is sponsoring a bus in support of the annual Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA) to go to the Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD). We are expecting a great response to this announcement, so we ask for both your participation and patience. Your IGOLD bus seats can be reserved by emailing Mark at mark@5StarFirearms.com to make your reservation. Each seat is just $40. 6am departure, 4pm return departure.

Do you have a Facebook page we can share?

Mt. Vernon individuals are trying to find enough riders to charter a bus. We need 40 riders by March 9. email me at gtskjs@gmail.com

Our grassroots group doesn't have a website. We now have some financial support so at this point we only need about a dozen more to make the reservation. But once reserved, the bus will hold 56. Call Jeff Meyers 618-244-0295 or Cliff Lindemann 618-316-9714

https://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/MDeD_/h/ISRA_ALERT_March_11_2020.htm

ISRA ALERT

We have received word from the Secretary of State’s office that all events at the Illinois State Capitol have been cancelled due to the coronavirus threat. This includes Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) that was scheduled for Wednesday, April 1, 2020. We have tentatively rescheduled the IGOLD event for Wednesday, May 13, 2020. We regret any inconvenience caused by this cancellation. We will keep you updated.

Fortunately I was able to change my Amtrak ticket.

I have never really desired to live in the northeast quadrant of IL but every year at IGOLD time I have a great desire to ride the train with you all !! What fun it would be!!

If I still lived there you'd have been welcome to couch surf. I'm sure there's plenty of others still trapped up there who would take you and your hubby in for a night or two.

Archived