Little help needed finding a case

A few years ago, a case cam out of Milwaukee from the 7th Circuit court of Appeals where an anonymous tip about a large crowd of people with guns came in.

the cops showed up there was no large crowd and as the cops walked up people began to disperse. One of the men walking away was halted by cops and found to be a felon carrying a firearm. the CA ruled that in todays age of legal carry a man having a gun was not enough to detain him.

can't find the case and I've had soe computer problems that cost me many of my archives on gun cases. Can anyone help me find this case. I thin Fraum may have been the author.

thanks

todd

Was this the one you were after?

...". Background

On the night of March 21, 2012, at 11:25 p.m., a woman called 911 to report the presence of a large group of individuals in a parking lot outside of a bar in Fitchburg, Wisconsin. The woman refused to provide her name, but explained that there were approximately twenty-five people, three or four of whom she had observed with “guns out.” She did not report any fighting or threatening behavior, instead only informing the 911 dispatcher that the people were being loud while loitering in the parking lot of Schneid's, a local bar (to which the police apparently respond quite often due to reports of violence, gang activity, drugs, and weapons).

As a result of receiving this tip, the dispatcher sounded a tone at the City of Fitchburg Police Department's (“the Department”) headquarters indicating a weapons call. That tone issued during the Department's nightly briefing, and a number of officers immediately suited up to respond to the call.

The officers drove to Schneid's parking lot, arriving three to five minutes after the call, and observed a much different scene than that reported by the anonymous caller. Instead of seeing a group of twenty-five belligerent men, the officers discovered only eight to ten individuals standing around a group of cars in the parking lot. At the time the officers approached the group, the individuals were not loud or otherwise acting disruptively, nor were they displaying their firearms. In fact, one of the officers, Ryan Jesberger, testified that he and the other officers from his department were not even sure that this smaller group was the same one that had been reported by the anonymous caller.

The officers approached the group anyway. As they approached, the group apparently began to disperse, but no one attempted to flee the scene. Each member of the group appeared to act in the same manner, avoiding eye contact with the officers and walking slowly away from the area"..

Archived