Photo

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 usmcss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Was just trying to log into ISP to see if there was a button that I could click to renew my license. When I click CCL it comes up with a warning and states that FOID card holders can only renew within a certain time frame..... I click to close the warning and put my credentials in and it states that I can not log in and to check my credentials. I know 100% that my credentials are right as I have them written down in two places. Is the reason I can’t log in because of the fact that I am still to early? Or is there something wrong with my credentials? When I click forgot password it asks for my username, last name, DOB, and security question but does ask me a question. It just has a space where I’m suppose to put in security question one. I guess I was suppose to right that one down? Using they would ask who was your favorite teacher. Where is this button people are talking about? I am assuming it would be after you log in. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

Sounds like you have not logged in since using the original site 4-5 years ago. ISP revamped the site removing the requirement for Java which caused so many browser and user problems. That in turn required users to re-register with a new account at the site.

If you are not getting the actual question, that means it does not recognize your user ID. Yes, they updated the system in 2015-16 and you may need to register a new account. It may not accept the same email address, it may say it is already in use and you will have to use a different email address.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 22 September 2018 - 02:20 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, Dodge, 46th HD:Kinzler, 8th CD:Diganvker, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#3 usmcss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

Sounds like you have not logged in since using the original site 4-5 years ago. ISP revamped the site removing the requirement for Java which caused eo many browser problems. That in turn required users to re register with a new account at the site.

Thank you very much buddy I appreciate it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 Craigcelia

• 2,217 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 03:50 PM

Sounds like you have not logged in since using the original site 4-5 years ago. ISP revamped the site removing the requirement for Java which caused eo many browser problems. That in turn required users to re register with a new account at the site.

Thank you very much buddy I appreciate it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably too early also.... 5 months before you expire, should be a magic button appearing. Not confirmed though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#5 ScopeEye

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:39 PM

I logged the CCL renewal page at ISP tonight, it's different than it was a couple weeks ago.

A couple weeks ago I had a renewal link that was greyed out, tonight its gone.

Illinois Carry Member

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

2nd Amendment Foundation Member

#6 HeavyDuty

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

I’ve been checking for a few weeks now, and never saw a renewal button at all.

#7 usmcss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:00 AM

Thanks Guys! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 Marie

Lizzie's Bennet's alter ego

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

I couldn't even tell you what my logon was. Guess I should try it out before it's time to renew. Need to take the class, but that's in early Nov after diving season is over.

Great Lakes: Unsalted and Shark Free!

#9 Marie

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

What if you can't remember your username? I tried registering again, but it shows my email is already registered. No way that I can tell to recover username.

#10 InterestedBystander

• 5,205 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:11 PM

What if you can't remember your username? I tried registering again, but it shows my email is already registered. No way that I can tell to recover username.

Thought they used to have recovery for a forgotten ID but dont see anything for that now.

You could call but who knows how long you will need to wait or how many times to try. (217) 782-7980.
http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=59864

I've read you can create new credentials using a different email address.

Edited by InterestedBystander, 25 September 2018 - 06:27 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️
Rauner, Harold, Dodge, 46th HD:Kinzler, 8th CD:Diganvker, 55th HD:Smolenski, 91st HD:Unes

#11 Marie

• Members
  • 4,152 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

Thought they used to have recovery for a forgotten ID but dont see anything for that now.

You could call but who knows how long you will need to wait or how many times to try. (217) 782-7980.

Using a different email address is probably the easiest.

#12 jimk849

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted Today, 03:30 PM

Using a different email address is probably the easiest.

I created a new i.d. today using a different e-mail address then had no trouble signing in to isp website.   When you are on sign-in page hit the NEW USER button and answer all the questions take about 5 mins. creates new user and passwords. Thanks for the info Interested and Marie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users