Photo

CCL Revoked Because FOID Expired

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 WitchDoctor

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:40 PM

Unfortunately both my representatives are anti-gun and would just see this as a victory, one more gun off the "streets". And they get to say I'm not a "responsible" gun owner because I made a paperwork mistake.

Truly some B.S. just like Illinois!

3/504 Airborne

IC Sponsor

ISRA Member

Proud Parent to  wonderful, most times, kids...

Tired of Chicago B.S.

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#32 wolfcreek

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

When you live with this FOID thing hanging over your head for 7 0r 8 years,and have this sort of fear inside you of the reality of whats going on.Then you leave and go to another state.A free state with reasonable laws and honest people.You look back and see how pathetic and outrageous Illinois has become.Your whole perspective changes.Illinois was forced into this CC thing & there are making you pay for messing with their laws.I suppose the federal government could do something.If the liberals win in 2020.That will be off the table.You read these posts and wonder just what country your living in.I still believe anyone with a mental health issue of any kind is doomed,but the checks will be cashed.

#33 Ranger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

My CCL was finally renewed on 07/25 so I applied for FOID renewal on 07/29.  The expiration date of my FOID is 10/01.  As of today, it is still under review (and expired?).

I printed a copy of the FOID payment receipt.  Does anyone know if that receipt will serve same as a card (like CCL receipt) while waiting on receipt / final approval of actual thing?

Edited by Ranger, 02 October 2019 - 03:44 PM.

#34 Ranger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

My FOID went active yesterday.

#35 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

My FOID went active yesterday.

See it all works out
You were worried on the 2nd
And on the 4th you’re all happy

#36 GenevaCCL

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:57 AM

Just checking in, still nothing. I'll be reaching my 1 year anniversary before I know it, and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

#37 lastline

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Finally got it back! Feels good to Once again provide an extra layer of protection for my family. Very grateful for the people who helped along the way. For those of you losing hope, it looks like you should get it back, even if it does take 14+ months.

Still staying in contact with my state rep to try to help the overall situation in IL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users