Hawaii 2nd admenment

Timber

They are welcome to leave, we don't need Hawaii.

Wait a minute, I like macidanium nuts and pineapples.
No one said we were going to take your macadamia nuts away. in fact, if you like your macadamia nuts and pineapples, you can keep them. We are just trying to make sure that all people can have the same access to macadamia nuts and pineapple.

Hey -- like Magnum and all his friends have guns every week and sometimes they are even full auto (and a cop was with them at the time) -- like guns must everywhere there 'cause it was like on TV -- right???

You know, I did wonder about that, on the new Magnum P.I. series, how Magnum, Rick, and T.C. had a veritable arsenal of automatic weapons, and half the bad guys they tangle with have automatic weapons, and their cop friend is right there with them on several occasions, and there are gun fights with more than 500 rounds fired (I counted), but there is no collateral damage, even though they are in residential neighborhoods . . .

RECKLESS ENDANGERING

Discharging a firearm toward a populated area or on or toward a street or road is reckless endangering. This can apply to ranges, plinking, negligent discharges, and self-defense use.

. . . in Hawaii, which is known for issuing zero concealed carry permits and completely prohibits automatic weapons, except for the military and law enforcement:

Full auto (machine gun) firearms are not permitted in Hawaii (since statehood) except for military and law enforcement.

My position has been all along to tell folks that want to "infringe" on my 2A Rights that their course of action is *illegal*. My 2A rights cannot legally be infringed upon so *stop* breaking the law and supporting people who want to enact *illegal* legislation. Do you really want my guns and to limit my ability to own and use firearms? Then*stop* screwing around and do it legally. There is a lawful procedure for them to do this - just like they did with the 18th amendment which prohibited alcohol. So they later convened a constitutional convention and enacted the 21st amendment which repealed prohibition.

This is how it is legally done and Hawaii has started that ball rolling. The only legal way to take my guns is to repeal the 2nd Amendment thus removing my "right" and making it a privilege. This is legal and proper. There is a procedure for amending the Constitution and if they want my guns (legally) then they have to do this. The reason they want to proceed illegally is that they know that repealing the 2A will take resources and support they just do not, and never will, have.

Let them try. At least this is procedural sound and legal unlike the illegal laws and legislation they prefer.

VooDoo

• 4 weeks later...

Hawaii makes California look like a conservative pro gun state.

The Hawaii State Attorney General recently ruled that federally passed HR218, the retired LEO carry act, does not apply in the state of Hawaii. By his ruling out of state LEOs can only carry if they are actively working as a LEO in Hawaii and then only with permission.

This is entirely against what HR218 was meant to correct.

Retired officers cannot carry by his fiat and they even go so far as to deny carry permits to their own officers when they retire.

Hawaii has a May Issue law on the books but as far as anyone can determine, there has never been one issued.

They are so @#$@&* arrogant that they refuse to even acknowledge the recipient of a FOIA request asking for the number of carry permits issued. I know because I tried.

Even before this they made it difficult for LEOSA carriers. The last time we visited we had to stop at every island to visit the police station, show them the firearms, the LEOSA card, and give them a list of every hotel we were staying at on that island. When we left that island, we had to repeat the same procedure on the next island. Took about an hour each time, with many inappropriate and fairly hostile questions.

Hawaii makes California look like a conservative pro gun state.

The Hawaii State Attorney General recently ruled that federally passed HR218, the retired LEO carry act, does not apply in the state of Hawaii. By his ruling out of state LEOs can only carry if they are actively working as a LEO in Hawaii and then only with permission.

This is entirely against what HR218 was meant to correct.

Retired officers cannot carry by his fiat and they even go so far as to deny carry permits to their own officers when they retire.

Hawaii has a May Issue law on the books but as far as anyone can determine, there has never been one issued.

They are so @#$@&* arrogant that they refuse to even acknowledge the recipient of a FOIA request asking for the number of carry permits issued. I know because I tried.

Even before this they made it difficult for LEOSA carriers. The last time we visited we had to stop at every island to visit the police station, show them the firearms, the LEOSA card, and give them a list of every hotel we were staying at on that island. When we left that island, we had to repeat the same procedure on the next island. Took about an hour each time, with many inappropriate and fairly hostile questions.

Between the TSA and their groping and what you describe and now this "brass hat" AG has done, this is all the more a reason to save yourself some money and "thumb your nose" at Hawaii. :Loony:

Archived