Finally Heard Back from Board Review....

majd0910

I'm usually just a reader on the fourm but this has me curious. Did they revoke your FOID card after you applied for your CCL and they found everything out or is it still active? They dig way deeper when applying for a CCL than they do for a FOID, which is kind of strange to me because you think they would do that for the FOID also. I'm sorry if you made an original post and I missed it but what county are you in? I know some counties like Cook are notorious for denying CCl apps over any little thing. I hope everything works out for you in the long run.

I'm usually just a reader on the fourm but this has me curious. Did they revoke your FOID card after you applied for your CCL and they found everything out or is it still active? They dig way deeper when applying for a CCL than they do for a FOID, which is kind of strange to me because you think they would do that for the FOID also. I'm sorry if you made an original post and I missed it but what county are you in? I know some counties like Cook are notorious for denying CCl apps over any little thing. I hope everything works out for you in the long run.

No... and that’s my point. I’ve owned a 2 weapons now for almost a year and have been responsible in taking care of them. Again, more reason why this state is BS. My family and I have businesses in this state and it’s just getting to the point where we just want to leave. Everything gives us trouble...

22 years old

Been driving for 8 years with only about 12 tickets

So were you driving at 14 and speeding then too

Just asking as its you posts, the more we read the more we guess!

Best Joe Biden voiceCome on man

Im 22 been driving for 6 and a half years almost*. I may have put 8 years because I type quick. Thanks for the insightful advice tho!

Edit: Ive gotten around probably 12 tickets Id say yes. All reduced to petty tickets and dismissed. Never even did a driving school.

WOW!

all mental health diagnostic and treatment records, as well as the names of all past and present mental health treating professionals.

... A fishing exercise that can only be used against you with the clear intent to revoke your FOID. If it wasn't already revoked. Good thing no mental health records exist.

The state sure is antagonistic to those who seek treatment. Good motivation to never seek treatment, which is problematic to say the least.

No mental health report is going to say, "The cops are wrong, this guy is totally normal he should get a CCL"

It might say we don't believe he's a danger, but that's not going to override the police departments objections.

But that's just my opinion, with the high likelihood of it being wrong.

Archived