https://www.illinois...referendum.html

Gun Rights Watch

http://gunrightswatc...on-in-illinois/

#2 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• Supporting Members Team
  • 8,616 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:35 PM

I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see the look on the face of Willis when she reads the resolution.

#3 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,861 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

In the video, David Campbell says there are more than 70 counties that are 2nd Amendment sanctuary counties (whereas, it appears there are 65 counties, two towns, two townships, and a dozen state's attorneys who are on the sanctuary train), and between 30 and 40 Void the Foid resolution counties. The latter, I've just heard of, and I can only see a few at this point who have done that, including Effingham.

Anyone know where he got his numbers? I'd prefer them to be true, but provably so.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#4 mab22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:19 AM

I hope this gains more and more momentum. The question is will the higher courts agree, or will Illinois Supreme Court just squash it?

Perhaps it’s also time to adopt an electoral college for the Governorof Illinois, based on counties vote.
Void the FOID!

#5 Evil Porkchop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

I hope this gains more and more momentum. The question is will the higher courts agree, or will Illinois Supreme Court just squash it?
Perhaps it’s also time to adopt an electoral college for the Governorof Illinois, based on counties vote.

Will never happen, basing representation on counties was shot down by SCOTUS. I personally think they got that one wrong. State Senators should 1 per county... at least in a state with this many counties.

#6 Raw Power

• 1,292 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM

Someone should make an "Void the FOID" shirt, with the Noid on it.

Edited by Raw Power, 20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM.

#7 InterestedBystander

• 6,405 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

Someone should make an "Void the FOID" shirt, with the Noid on it.

https://teespring.co...un-rights-watch

560.jpg

fs_10.png

Edited by InterestedBystander, 20 June 2019 - 10:16 AM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users