Doctors Office

tommyd78

Section 65. Prohibited areas.

(a) A licensee under this Act shall not knowingly carry a
firearm on or into:
<snip>
(7) Any building, real property, and parking area under
the control of a public or private hospital or hospital
affiliate, mental health facility, or nursing home.
My doctor's office is in a hospital owned building. I can't carry there.
Might also lead to an awkward moment during any physical examination.
-- Frank

I think it depends on if it's a private practice or owned by a hospital. Private practice you're ok, owned by a hospital you're no I have no way of knowing who owns it or what corporate structure co

If you do not know who owns it and it is not posted, you are not knowingly in violation of anything.

If it is posted, ownership is irrelevant.

I don't carry anywhere I'm likely to take my pants off.

Not even at home?

And why would he take his pants off at his wife's dr. appt.?
And you don't?

• 2 weeks later...

Same here Harley,when the doc asks my wife to lay down,i usually get undressed and lay down with her.

Got sick and went the doc last week.Decided to go to the CVS Minute-Clinic.How AWESOME that was. No gun sign so i carry on in.NO waiting line.An American woman in her mid 60's.She had me to pull my shirt off to better hear my lungs wheezing.She never said a word about my gun hagin' on my hip.Wrote 4 prescriptions,and out the door in 20 minutes.Soooo Long Hospital/Clinic!!

Same here Harley,when the doc asks my wife to lay down,i usually get undressed and lay down with her.

Got sick and went the doc last week.Decided to go to the CVS Minute-Clinic.How AWESOME that was. No gun sign so i carry on in.NO waiting line.An American woman in her mid 60's.She had me to pull my shirt off to better hear my lungs wheezing.She never said a word about my gun hagin' on my hip.Wrote 4 prescriptions,and out the door in 20 minutes.Soooo Long Hospital/Clinic!!

If you are wheezing that is probably asthma, COPD, or a URI.........which is way above the pay grade of anyone working at a Minute Clinic......so you get to carry, but the healthcare quality is questionable. I think I would reverse that combo.

If you are wheezing that is probably asthma, COPD, or a URI.........which is way above the pay grade of anyone working at a Minute Clinic......so you get to carry, but the healthcare quality is questionable. I think I would reverse that combo.

No,No No, i didn't have COPD or asthma,just the same common congestive virus everyone of my neighbors had.Best doctor i have ever in my life talked to.She wasn't in a big hurry,wasn't on her phone,she even spoke plain English,and helped fix my problem.Some of these hospital clinics better take note.Doctors in these small clinics do not have quota to meet.She listened to what i had to say for HALF the cost to my insurance company.

You should try one too Elmer.

my doctor has two offices,, one is private and I don't know if its posted as I like going to the smaller and closer second office that also happens to be inside a building owned by the hospital...I believe their isn't a gun sign if I recall correct however it is posted as a outreach building of the hospital,, so by extension,, a off limits building regardless of posting. If however they do away with the restriction,.. I would recommend a shoulder holster,.. would seem to be only thing that could work if asked to change into a gown that only covers 4/5ths of you at best.

Archived