Biden walks back threats of Executive Orders on gun control.

Raw Power

My prediction,

FTS on all Semi Autos with an EO.

"FTS"??

Federal Tax Stamp?

It would be incredibly stupid on his part to do that. It would immediately be challenged in court and would potentially expand current second amendment law.

How did it work out with the cook county Ammo / Firearm tax.

Even if the Republicans keep the senate, how many of the rino s will show their true colors now that Trump is gone.

Maybe rewrite the NFA

If it gets thru, Im sure there will be states hopping on to get theirs.

If they cant get it thru the legislature they will try other means.

Time will tell.....

My prediction,

FTS on all Semi Autos with an EO.

"FTS"??

Federal Tax Stamp?

It would be incredibly stupid on his part to do that. It would immediately be challenged in court and would potentially expand current second amendment law.

I agree. We have a Supreme Court just itching to expand 2A rights. I personally hope Biden/Harris try some sort of "assault" weapons ban or infringement on concealed carry. Its time to drag that anti-gun monster out into the light and beat it with a stick until it goes away.

"We have a Supreme Court just itching to expand 2A rights."

And wouldn't this be the time to push a FOID challenge through as well?

Rich Phillips

Unfortunately that's not how constitutional law works. They chip away at very small issues then slowly those rulings get applied to other things. Heller was an outright ban on ownership of handguns for example. The next logical step would be the outright ban on carry or "may issue" permits. Assault weapons ban is also a good one because it bans an entire class of weapons based on their appearance and they are in common use as described in Heller.

"We have a Supreme Court just itching to expand 2A rights."

And wouldn't this be the time to push a FOID challenge through as well?

Rich Phillips

I think so. Time to take 2A completely out of the state and local government's control.

Is it too much to dream that the proper court case could trigger nation wide constitutional carry OUTSIDE of the home?

Archived