Photo

States That Will Honor Illinois Carry License

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
297 replies to this topic

#91 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

Are there direct links to the various states record stating that they will recognize the Illinois permit? I like handgunlaws.us but it's always a good idea to provide primary sources and I didn't see any on their pdf.

Every state info page on handgunlaw.us has links to the individual state information pages right on the state websites - the list of links is in the upper right corner of every state page. Virtually all the states that recognize Illinois licenses have simple "recognize all permits" policies, so they will make no mention of Illinois specifically. Wisconsin and Nebraska do make specific mention of Illinois as they have added Illinois recognition due to Illinois license requirements. The link I posted for Nebraska is on the Nebraska State Patrol website, and their regular reciprocity page was also updated to include Illinois in the list of accepted states.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#92 McCroskey

With Liberty and Justice for all

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Are there direct links to the various states record stating that they will recognize the Illinois permit? I like handgunlaws.us but it's always a good idea to provide primary sources and I didn't see any on their pdf.

Every state info page on handgunlaw.us has links to the individual state information pages right on the state websites - the list of links is in the upper right corner of every state page. Virtually all the states that recognize Illinois licenses have simple "recognize all permits" policies, so they will make no mention of Illinois specifically. Wisconsin and Nebraska do make specific mention of Illinois as they have added Illinois recognition due to Illinois license requirements. The link I posted for Nebraska is on the Nebraska State Patrol website, and their regular reciprocity page was also updated to include Illinois in the list of accepted states.

Got it, thanks!

“By concord little things grow great, by discord the greatest come to nothing.”
-Roger Williams

Second Amendment Foundation Life Member

#93 M&PCarry

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Nevada updated their reciprocity website effective 7-24-14 and Illinois is on the list. We can now carry in Nevada.
http://www.nvreposit...w_changes.shtml

#94 lockman

• Members
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Is reciprocity the proper term or did NV update their recognition?

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#95 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,503 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Says, "Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition" on the weblink.

Thank you M&PCarry for the update!

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#96 Pipedoc

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Nevada updated their reciprocity website effective 7-24-14 and Illinois is on the list. We can now carry in Nevada.

I followed the link. It looks like we invaded Kansas and are known as "IllinoisKansas" but I am glad to see we can now carry in another state. Woot!

2A Firearms Education
www.2AFE.com
815-714-9757

NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
Illinois Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

Utah Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#97 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I wonder if they know they also merged with the State of Chicago too? Having said that I am glad another State allows us to carry when we don't allow them.

Edited by spec5, 26 July 2014 - 01:49 PM.

NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#98 billzfx4

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

I think we'd be better off if Kansas invaded Illinois.

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.

#99 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

whoa, that is way cool, apart from this it is next to impossible to get a permit to go to Vegas.

Yay

Edited by Sigma, 26 July 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#100 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

I've been checking the NVSCA website, guess I was looking in the wrong place.

Thanks for the update.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#101 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

I followed the link. It looks like we invaded Kansas and are known as "IllinoisKansas" but I am glad to see we can now carry in another state. Woot!
Someone needed to put in a carriage return when they edited the website :P

apart from this it is next to impossible to get a permit to go to Vegas.
Yay

Either a PITA,, expensive and otherwise useless NV permit or an Idaho Enhanced permit are the only options for permits available to everyone that are recognized in NV. So NV recognition is a big plus.

Edited by Gamma, 26 July 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#102 M&PCarry

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Your welcome Molly. I have been watching the website and it was just posted within the last couple of days.

Lockman, you are correct, it is recognition.

#103 s0beit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

I was told in another thread that there is a specific license required to carry in the county Vegas resides in. Is this correct? Or will our recognition extend there as well? Hoping I just received false info, would be great to visit family there some day soon.

#104 singlecoilpickup

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

If you live in NV, you have to get a permit from the county in which you reside. Beyond that, the permit is good statewide. Any permit that is honored in NV should be honored in LV. Just be careful about open carry in the LV area since there's apparently some contention about it.

#105 Buff1968

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Can someone please send an email to www.handgunlaw.us  and inform them of the NV update.  I tried but they use microsoft outlook and I use something else for emails so I was not able to contact them.  Thanks.

#106 singlecoilpickup

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I tried but they use microsoft outlook and I use something else for emails so I was not able to contact them. 

What?

Email is universally compatible. You can use whatever you want for email and email anybody else using any other email client. 

#107 Buff1968

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

When I tried to use their "Contact" button, it wanted me to set up a microsoft outlook account.  I don't have an email address for them to use my own email.  I did send an email to USA Carry.

#108 singlecoilpickup

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

It's because the mailto link they put on their site tries to trigger the default email client on your computer. Since you're running Windows, it defaults to Outlook. The email you're trying to reach is admins@handgunlaw.us. You will be able to email that address from whatever you use for email.

#109 Buff1968

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

OK thank you.  This old man is not computer savvy.  I feel lucky to be able to turn it on sometimes.:)  I will send one to that address.

#110 s0beit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

If you live in NV, you have to get a permit from the county in which you reside. Beyond that, the permit is good statewide. Any permit that is honored in NV should be honored in LV. Just be careful about open carry in the LV area since there's apparently some contention about it.

Awesome. I have no intention of OCing but it is great I'll be able to CC while I'm there. I have some conventions I eventually want to attend in LV too, so this will definitely be used.

#111 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Can someone please send an email to www.handgunlaw.us  and inform them of the NV update.  I tried but they use microsoft outlook and I use something else for emails so I was not able to contact them.  Thanks.

The contact email addy is admins@handgunlaw.us

Just "cut & paste" into your "To:" in whatever you are using.

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#112 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

handgunlaw.us was informed of the NV update and it's on there now. Also, add Montana to the list: http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=50808 https://doj.mt.gov/enforcement/concealed-weapons/

#113 Kylar Stern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

handgunlaw.us was informed of the NV update and it's on there now.

Also, add Montana to the list:
http://illinoiscarry...showtopic=50808

https://doj.mt.gov/enforcement/concealed-weapons/

Yea!!! I vacation a lot in Montana. I remember when their speed limit signs said "Reasonable and Prudent" for their daytime speed limit.

#114 Buff1968

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Already emailed Handgunlaw and USAcarry about adding Montana.

#115 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,414 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

23 states.   I wonder if any more states will climb aboard.   Did we get all the "non-reciprocity required" states?

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#116 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

23 states.   I wonder if any more states will climb aboard.   Did we get all the "non-reciprocity required" states?

There are a few more possibilities. MN, VA, TX, and a slim chance at NM. I think that's it at present.

#117 Sigma

• Members
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

So far reciprocity Eliminated the point of me getting an Arizona permit
Exodus 22:2-3
If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control. Once they have all the guns, they'll also have complete control.-Abolt

Guns kill people just like beds get girls pregnant.

#118 Gary Slider

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

New Map showing the states that honor Illinois.

#119 Gary Slider

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

http://i1096.photobu...zps5f8719b0.png

I couldn't upload it to the site so will try this link for Photobucket where I uploaded it.

#120 mrmagloo

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

Sure will be nice when the need for having multiple non-resident permits from other states is no longer necessary.  Where is HB822???