13 replies to this topic

#1 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

full story at link

https://www.illinois...referendum.html

...EFFINGHAM COUNTY BOARD CONSIDERS VOIDING FOID CARD;

EFFINGHAM COUNTY - Monday afternoon, the Effingham County Board will be voting on two resolutions that are bringing to the state's surface an undercurrent of downstaters rejecting Leftist policies stemming from Chicago politicians.

One resolution condemns Illinois' Firearm Owners Identification Card, authored by Effingham County board member Dave Campbell. Campbell has already successfully passed legislation deeming Effingham County a "sanctuary county" - rejecting what county law enforcers deem as "unconstitutional removal of gun rights."...

...BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, since the Firearm Owners Identification Card ACT (430 ILCS 65) is a violation of the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution and has been found unconstitutional, we the Effingham County Board demand that the Illinois General Assembly cease and repeal The Firearm Owners Identification Card Act (430 ILCS 65) immediately....

Edited by InterestedBystander, 15 April 2019 - 01:05 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#2 steveTA84

• 5,245 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

God bless Effingham county

#3 357

• 1,743 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

It's an unconstitutional infringement as designed and needs to go. People are loosing their FOID and Constitutional right because of speeding tickets. The 2nd amendment it's not a privilege controlled by the ISP. More counties should pass this resolution.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#4 Draal

• 1,305 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

^^^^  It bears repeating:  "The 2nd amendment it's not a privilege controlled by the ISP". ^^^^

#5 stockboyy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

FOID-ACT

1/  conceived to limit firearms held by black-folks.

2/  originally legislated as Public-Safety.

3/ infringed by continuous political legislation  and administration rule-making.

4/  Today FOID-ACT is UNAVOIDABLE-JEOPARDY to lawful gun owners  !!

#6 Ranger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

Was at meeting. County Bd voted in favor of resolution. Some discussion with both sides in audience.

#7 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:22 AM

I'd like to see this resolution tested (in Effingham) with a game warden during hunting season. lol

It won't end well.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#8 Ranger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:25 AM

Game warden cold write ticket and states attorney not prosecute. Stuff like that happens all the time in some places. For example, I heard a wild story about some actor who did something, grand jury recommended 17 felony charges or something and states attorney didnt charge. Probably just a wild story, but...

#9 Bird76Mojo

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:06 AM

Any game warden can arrest you for being in possession of a firearm without a valid FOID. A little harder to deal with than a ticket..

This will be tested soon enough.

Constitutional Carry - Proponent
Open Carry - Proponent
Exercise your rights - Engage in civil disobedience against unconstitutional laws - IGNORE THE F.O.I.D.

#10 Illini_Guns

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:24 AM

I have some friends that own guns and dont have the foid card never have,none of them have ever been in any kind of trouble. But Illinois would call them a criminal 

#11 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,197 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:28 AM

I have some friends that own guns and dont have the foid card never have,none of them have ever been in any kind of trouble. But Illinois would call them a criminal

Exactly what the lurking Anti's want to see posted here.
So the next guy who says we are Law Abiding Citizens will be referenced to this thread.

Think they aren't here, just ask around!

#12 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,689 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:07 PM

So the next guy who says we are Law Abiding Citizens will be referenced to this thread.

it's particularly hysterical when the lurking anti then goes on her own facebook page (with like 4 followers, lol)  and reiterates her interpretation of our writings.  10 becomes 100 is putting it mildly. 

#13 Giant Teddybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

So for $25 I can ridicule people here as a Supporting Members Team and get away with it.

#14 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,197 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:41 AM

Nope, there is a CoC here!
The $25.00 is in support of IC and its staff/web site.
Plus it gives you editing abilities.

No one is ridiculing anyone here, but you seem angry, why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users