IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

Molly B.

Amtrak is an alternative for those of us in Chicago. The train leaves from Union Station about 7:00 am and gets into Springfield about 10:30 am. It's a short walk from the train station to the convention center. Return trains leave at about 5:00 pm and around 7:30 pm. Round trip is $36. Easy to take a nap on the train, and every train has a restroom onboard.

I'm wondering - is there a way to get from the convention center to the capital (and back) for someone in a wheelchair? I would need to find someone with a car that has a large trunk to accommodate the chair which folds up.

Buzz, we always have one of the charter buses make a run to and from the Capitol. Would you be able to maneuver up the steps into the bus?

I'm wondering - is there a way to get from the convention center to the capital (and back) for someone in a wheelchair? I would need to find someone with a car that has a large trunk to accommodate the chair which folds up.

Buzz, we always have one of the charter buses make a run to and from the Capitol. Would you be able to maneuver up the steps into the bus?

I'm just learned how to go up/down steps with my walker a a leg brace. I don't think the bus' steps would be so much the problem as would be the aisle. I would probably have to grab the seat backs as I doubt the isle would be wide enough to accommodate the walker. Then there is also what do you do with the wheelchair? That's why I'm afraid to take one of the buses from up here.

I'm just learned how to go up/down steps with my walker a a leg brace. I don't think the steps would be so much the problem as would be the aisle. I would probably have to grab the seat backs as I doubt the isle would be wide enough to accommodate the walker. Then there is also what do you do with the wheelchair? That's why I'm afraid to take one of the buses from up here.

We load you first and get you a seat near the front so you don't have to go down the aisle very far. The wheelchair and the walker would both fold up and goe into the baggage compartment under the bus. Plenty of room there. Heck, if we have to, we'll just roll you in there too!! It's not too long a drive from the center to the capitol!! (You could then say that you were "thrown under the bus for CCW!!!") Most of the bus drivers are trained to deal with wheelchairs, etc.

We'll want to check at the Capitol end to see where the wheelchair entrance is. I think the North entrance. I'm sure security is capable of dealing with 'chairs too.

You get to Springfield buddy, we'll get you to the capitol and back.

Tim

Nope. Put Buzzard up front, in his chair, with the ladies. The disabled are in special need of RTC.

Nope. Put Buzzard up front, in his chair, with the ladies. The disabled are in special need of RTC.

I'm sure we could take turns pushing the wheelchair so Buzz doesn't feel left out. :yes1:

Archived