IGOLD 2012 - Wed. March 7, 2012 - Don't Miss the Biggest Right to Carry Rally This State Has Ever Seen!

Molly B.

Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Prairie Capital Convention Center

Springfield, IL

Featured Speaker - Dr. Suzanna Hupp

Survivor of the Luby Cafeteria Massacre and a key figure in passing concealed carry law in Texas.

IllinoisCarry is one of the co-sponsors of IGOLD and we need your support to make it happen!

Contribute here and add the word "IGOLD" to the notes.

post-195-132933635234.jpg

We all need to convince our family and friends to join our event this year. With CCW so close to becoming law in Illinois this year is perhaps the most important IGOLD rally ever. Politicians understand numbers. We must overwhelm the anti-CCW legislators by marching 10,000+ to the capital building in Springfield this year. All firearm owners must step up whether you are a rifle, shotgun, or pistol person. This is a battle for our 2nd Amendment rights in Illinois. If you think the anti-gun people want to stop their efforts at just handguns and not go after ALL GUNS you are ignorant of the legislation that has and will be brought up for consideration in both the Illinois and federal levels. They will go after your hunting grounds, magazine capacity, ammunition taxes and many other items that can limit your rights. My suggestion to those of us that truly care and are involved in this fight, is to spread the word to those friends of yours (and I have them too) that love their target pistol or rifle, their 12 guage shotgun they take out pheasant hunting, their $1,000 skeet gun, that just won't get off their hind ends and help support our cause. I'm disappointed at the people who will not even to a simple thing like call their Representative and Senator to inform them to vote yes when HB148 next comes up for a vote. I understand some people just can't get off work for IGOLD, I also know that thousands are expecting the rest of us to fight the battle for them, and I will do that. In talking to people at gun shows in Wheaton and Kane County, I would guess 50% don't even know what IGOLD is. Lack of advertising is our fault. We have to find more and better ways to get the word out. I wear my IGOLD hat and IGOLD sticker as many times as I can when I'm out. I place posters at businesses and make announcements at meetings I attent for the ISRA. I hope we all put in an extra effort this year to increase our attendance. I've expanded my responsibilities for our gun rights this year. Along with being the Chairman of the Friends of NRA chapter in Joliet, and bus captain for the Joliet IGOLD bus, I've also been elected as a Director of the Illinois State Rifle Association. This year's IGOLD will be the best, but I want it to be known as the IGOLD that swayed the legislators to vote yes for HB148. Let's show the politicians that we are strong in numbers, we are determined, and we are going to stop untill we get what we want. I enjoy a good fight......but I love a victory!

Lee Groharing

I already booked my bus fare and scheduled the day off. I think I've been at all or almost all of the IGOLDs. I remember the first one were about 50-60 of us met in the cafeteria.

Wow, that's come a long way. Will be there on Mar 7. Will be 4th for me. :pirate:

I can remember those days too. It's when you went through the metal detectors to make sure no one had any pointy sharp items on them and walked 50 yards to the cafeteria where they had 4,000 metal knives, forks and spoons for anyone to load up with. Top security there I tell ya!!

It's when you went through the metal detectors to make sure no one had any pointy sharp items on them and walked 50 yards to the cafeteria where they had 4,000 metal knives, forks and spoons for anyone to load up with. Top security there I tell ya!!

Totally off-topic: But, just like most places, security there is about making the people “feel safer”, but does very little to actually make them safer. We go through gross indignities and annoyances at an airport. But the naked x-rays and molestations we encounter there would do very little to stop an actual terrorist. There are many ways in which a knowledgeable determined terrorist could bypass security.

That is a great choice of speaker. I also know TWO people,that were in their sixties,that was eating at Luby's when the stupid @&^%$$@# gunman walked in! We still thank god today they made it out with only a few stitches from glass due to diving out of a window Robert broke out with a plate and foot.

My wife and I plan to be there.

Living on the border or Iowa/Illinois I think Im going to take the day off and get a few others from here in the

truck and head on down and support the LAST STATE being held hostage.

What town do you live in? There are buses that leave from the Quad Cities. Are you close to Moline?

Living on the border or Iowa/Illinois I think Im going to take the day off and get a few others from here in the

What town do you live in? There are buses that leave from the Quad Cities. Are you close to Moline?

Put in my PTO request, hope the boss comes through for me. Where can I find more info about buses in the QC area? I was thinking of driving down, but the bus sounds more convenient.

Put in my PTO request, hope the boss comes through for me. Where can I find more info about buses in the QC area? I was thinking of driving down, but the bus sounds more convenient.

Flyers for all the busses that are confirmed are posted HERE. Watch this board for more info.

ETA - ISRA info

The ISRA site has the info for the Quad Cities busses posted.

I don't have the skills to do this, but I think it would be fantastic if someone could figure out a way for those of us going to IGOLD to print an IC nametag with the IC logo, your screen name, and your icon photo. That way we could meet and greet in person, rather than ending up standing next to someone you'd "recognize" if you saw one of their postings and not knowing. Any interest? Anybody out there with the skills?

I don't have the skills to do this, but I think it would be fantastic if someone could figure out a way for those of us going to IGOLD to print an IC nametag with the IC logo, your screen name, and your icon photo. That way we could meet and greet in person, rather than ending up standing next to someone you'd "recognize" if you saw one of their postings and not knowing. Any interest? Anybody out there with the skills?

That sounds like a great idea.... Not sure if this is what your talking about,, was able to use Microsoft office to usepost-3405-132737427202.png a basic name tag template

How do I reserve a spot on the bus?

Log onto the Illinois State Rifle Association web site, www.ISRA.org. Click on the 'IGOLD' emblem on the left side of the page and that will take you to were you can look up the bus information and secure a bus seat online.

That sounds like a great idea.... Not sure if this is what your talking about,, was able to use Microsoft office to usepost-3405-132737427202.png a basic name tag template

Perfect!

Archived