Mitt Romney

soundguy

He already is the next McCain. Like McCain, he's jealous that Trump became president and he didn't.

I don't believe Romney will run for president again. I think he will, at times, be a thorn in Trump's side. On the other hand, I expect he will be an ally of the conservative cause more than he's not. He's better than the alternative.

I once heard Romney say he doesn't think we should have "assault rifles". Sorry, no link but I clearly remember.

Yes, he could become a McCain to stick it to Trump.

He KILLED Wilson 2-to-1. My guess is he has a job for life as senator of Utah as long as he doesn't upset the base. Utah is a VERY gun friendly state, as we are all well aware. He doesn't need votes from Massachusetts anymore. My guess is he won't talk about or vote for any gun control measures during his tenure in the senate....if he does, that indicates he's planning to make another run for the presidency.

I once heard Romney say he doesn't think we should have "assault rifles". Sorry, no link but I clearly remember.

Yes, he could become a McCain to stick it to Trump.

He KILLED Wilson 2-to-1. My guess is he has a job for life as senator of Utah as long as he doesn't upset the base. Utah is a VERY gun friendly state, as we are all well aware. He doesn't need votes from Massachusetts anymore. My guess is he won't talk about or vote for any gun control measures during his tenure in the senate....if he does, that indicates he's planning to make another run for the presidency.

I think Romney realizes he won't get another nomination to be president. In modern times, that just doesn't happen. So, he's planning on being a senator for the rest of his life. He's not doing it for the money, obviously. He's doing it for the power and prestige. Therefore, regardless of his personal feelings, I predict he will vote the way his constituency wants...particularly on issues that are so clearly defined in a state like Utah...like gun rights.

I think Romney realizes he won't get another nomination to be president. In modern times, that just doesn't happen. So, he's planning on being a senator for the rest of his life. He's not doing it for the money, obviously. He's doing it for the power and prestige. Therefore, regardless of his personal feelings, I predict he will vote the way his constituency wants...particularly on issues that are so clearly defined in a state like Utah...like gun rights.

yep.

Archived