Is Dave & Busters in Vernon Hills posted?

Bitter Clinger

I might need to go there today, but can't find out for sure if they are posted or not.

They aren't in the POSTED app and I can't find any definitive info on the Internet.

I recall a few years ago that the city of Vernon Hills was not going to give them a permit to build their facility unless they posted.

Has anyone been there recently or know for sure if they are posted or not?

So I ended up going there yesterday and I can confirm that it's NOT posted. It's actually inside the big shopping mall there (Hawthorn Center) which I did not know. I thought it was a separate building somewhere in the general area. I can confirm that the mall is NOT posted either, which is nice. Knowing Vernon Hills, I figured it would be posted by default, but it's not, so I think I might visit there more often.

There is big AMC theater in the mall as well and as far as I could tell, it wasn't posted either from what I could see. Once you're in the mall, you can walk right up to the theater ticket area and buy a ticket, then you must go upstairs to get to the movie theatres. I didn't see the upstairs area, so I don't know if it's posted up there or not, but you can't get up there without first going through the ticket lines and buying a ticket, so I'm guessing it might not be.

If it's really not posted, I might go see some movies there. I haven't been to a movie theater ever since getting my CCL, so it would be nice to find a movie theater that doesn't ban CC.

I heard that the mall was posted at one point, but apparently they removed the signs. I think it's a smart move for the mall to allow CC since they definitely need all the customers they can get.

Thanks for the information, Bitter Clinger.

The Marcus Theaters in Elgin and Addison are not posted. I have not been to others in the chain.

https://www.marcustheatres.com/theatre-locations/state-IL

The Charlestown 18 in the old Charlestown mall in St. Charles is not posted either.

As far as the AMC in Vernon Hills, or other theaters elsewhere, you should not have to make an extensive search for the official no guns sign.

In malls it should be prominent at the ticket counter before you buy, not down the hallway to the viewing rooms.

Archived