Illinois General Assembly 5/31/2017

mauserme

So at this point they need 71 votes to pass SB556 and1657, correct?

Thanks

If I understand correctly, only if they don't get passed by midnight today, I think?

If they go past midnight, without adjourning, doesn't it stay the 5/31 session?

Bills passed after 5/31 cannot take effect sooner than 6/1 of the following year unless they receive a 3/5 vote. I'd have to look again but I don't recall seeing an earlier date specified in either bill. If my memory is correct, I'd say they will still need 60 votes.

Right, but it's harder to change a law than a rule. And laws are often based on things like animal rights and such.

That's the exact point I'm making.

Why make a law on either banning lead ammo or creating restricted zones permanently when it's harder or impossible sometimes to ever change them vs. an administrative rule.

Let the friggin' DNR do their job I say. Even though they don't have any money to fix much on their properties that is in dire need of repair, they are decent on their administrative rules/decisions for the most part.

I thought SB556 was still held up in committee this last time. Did I miss it getting passed out?

They are doing their typical shenanigans.

They will move a shell bill to third reading then they will amend and pass the same day, last minute.

Bill should move to first reading anytime they are amended.

The purpose of reading bills is so constituents, legislature, and other can read and analyze the bills, then decide position.

Archived