My license was in my mail today!

Kind of strange but I noticed on the ISP site that I went "Active" on 7-3-19 and they also reissued my FOID card as well. I didn't ask or pay for that. I also noticed that the new FOID is only good for 3 years. What gives?

All of this is posted in this thread, but needs to be read from the beginnings.

CCL, FOID and what they actually when processing CCL’s since iirc June 2015.

Got it. Day 130. I think the magic phone number worked. Godspeed to all those waiting for their CCL.

If it's a magic phone number, and it took 130 days, then it's not magic.

we used to get them in 45 days and guys without prints in under 120 days as stated in the statute.

but great job in getting it and welcome to the forums

Got it. Day 130. I think the magic phone number worked. Godspeed to all those waiting for their CCL.

we used to get them in 45 days and guys without prints in under 120 days as stated in the statute.

They did not call it until day 126...but thats close to the time it could have been procesed anyway so I too am a bit skeptical of said magic number.

They did not call it until day 126...but thats close to the time it could have been procesed anyway so I too am a bit skeptical of said magic number.

Fair enough. It’s not a proper experiment, but I’m happy to have my license in hand in any case. Furthermore, it’s a sad state (pun intended) of affairs when folks feel they need magic phone numbers to be allowed to exercise their rights.

CCL app was rejected due to DL address not matching what was submitted with the application. The only thing that was missing when prompted to resubmit was the APT 1 portion of the address. I had originally entered it when first applying however it did not reflect on the website. I was on day 127 with no prints. Anything I can do to fight it or am I stuck waiting 120 days again?

CCL app was rejected due to DL address not matching what was submitted with the application. The only thing that was missing when prompted to resubmit was the APT 1 portion of the address. I had originally entered it when first applying however it did not reflect on the website. I was on day 127 with no prints. Anything I can do to fight it or am I stuck waiting 120 days again?

In the past, a correction like this would not take the whole 120 days. Not sure how long it will take with this new administration... It will be interesting to see, please keep us posted.

ISP received renewal 3/10/2019 - no prints

inspected element went to QCVerified and then Approved 7 days ago - 7/11/19

still listed as under review

130 days today

Don't hold your breath man. New submission on march 27th for me, no fingerprints. I'm on day 116 and have been sitting at approved for the last 93 days.

Edited by Jamesc0188

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for renewal on February 11th No prints.

App was rejected on day 121 due to an instructor error on my 3hr certificate.

Error was corrected the very next day.

As of August 4th, I am on day 175 still under review.

My instructor's error was that the curriculum number was missing a letter but he assured me that I wouldn't lose my place in line by more than a couple days.

Obviously that was not correct. Fortunately as long as we're still under review our licences are still good.

Edited by Toolmaker8185

My instructor's error was that the curriculum number was missing a letter but he assured me that I wouldn't lose my place in line by more than a couple days.

Obviously that was not correct. Fortunately as long as we're still under review our licences are still good.

So your license WASNT in the mail today?

Maybe youre looking for this thread! Just saying.....

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=70477

Edited by Bubbacs

121 days before QC found the errors in submission. So it sounds like 120 days just sitting in submitted queue until someone got to it. Sad and crazy.

My license too!

Hi, I just wanted to first say thanks for the information on this site, which is very helpful and to which I will continue training to be a prepared and responsible armed citizen. Secondly, to give you the time frame:

1. CCL Class Completed May 23, 2019
2. Live Scan Finger Prints and Photo May 24, 2019
3. Completed ISP online application May 24, 2019
4. Issued CCL August 7, 2019
5. Received CCL August 10, 2019
76 days or 51 weekdays
I thought this was pretty reasonable being the ISP is understaffed and stressed with CCL and FOID renewals. Maybe fingerprints and a clean record helps.
Be Safe.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Renewal finally went active after 8 months. Denied at 4 months to the day from renewal application due to the training certificate having the trainers ID number incorrect (pre-printed from trainer). Fixed and resubmitted and after another 4 months to the day it finally went active. I guess on the bright side I added 8 months to my ccl.

Since it’s always takes exactly the allowed number of days, I believe they do it just because they can.

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, a correction like this would not take the whole 120 days. Not sure how long it will take with this new administration... It will be interesting to see, please keep us posted.

Showed approved with inspect element on 11/8

Active on 11/11

Wait begins after almost 225 days