Qc verified 3/20/17
Approved 4/16/17
For both the wife and myself.

#3032 Elevate

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

I applied on 12-12-16 with prints.

On day 95 I called ISP to ask if they needed any additional information from me, the lady replied that all looked well and I " should " go active soon.  Next day I went to QC_Verified.  Here I am a couple weeks later far past the 90 day window and thought I would ask.  I tried calling just now, but their lines are busy. 

Thanks

On day 95 I called ISP to ask if they needed any additional information from me, the lady replied that all looked well and I " should " go active soon.  Next day I went to QC_Verified.  Here I am a couple weeks later far past the 90 day window and thought I would ask.  I tried calling just now, but their lines are busy. 

Thanks

I reached ISP and the good news is I believe they are starting to train / hire new people as I spoke to a young lady who initially thought I was within the 90 day window.  I then held for a short while and she explained that she will pass it on to her supervisor.  I did wait 45 minutes to get connected to an officer, but overall I am confident all is well.  I have no idea why I am so far past my 90 day review while others are seeing 5 week turnaround times, but the end result will be worth it.  I am however uncomfortable especially now having a family and seeing all the acts of violence being committed on innocent civilians and unarmed families.  That makes me very very disappointed at the lack of care for us civilians.  I have done a lot of research, training etc and I am well aware that statistically the chances of any of us needing to use our firearms is like getting struck by lightening.  I only ask what happens if lightening strikes today?  Well the answer to that is " be patient " lol.  Not making a mockery of the system, I actually appreciate the law and for that same reason is why I am disappointed because what does that instill in us as a community if we do not hold these mistakes accountable?  Not only are my rights infringed, but I went ahead and disregarded that fact and did the right thing to properly and safely carry.  I am not in a position to even think about carrying without my license because that is illegal and though getting caught would be just as unlikely as getting struck by lightening, I still can not take that risk.  Overall this is not right..

Beyond inexcusable.  I am ready to sue.  Can someone point me into the right direction for legal advice?  I am 100% done being lied to by the state.  My status has not changed and even if it does I still am going to sue.  I waited on the phone numerous of times to be treated like a second tier bum and lied to like I am some sort of animal.  This stops today with me I am not even contacting ISP anymore, please someone give me a proper channel for legal advice so I can move forward in obtaining my constitutional right.  This system is as arrogant as can be, they have this guy Stephen Stephens out on the streets from Cleveland targeting innocent civilians because his girlfriend made him mad and his mommy did not listen to him and I am over here at mercy to some pathetic system that is so dang broken, biased and inexcusable with ZERO options to accommodate their illegal antics.  It is illegal to keep me " under review " like this for so long.  I am so far passed my 90 day period and every time I call I am lied to by an arrogant officer with zero compassion nor understanding of the law that it makes me sick to think after all this time Illinois still can not get their junk together.  I am very very pro police and I will be the first to say they get an extremely bad rap due to the .001% of bad ones, but it is really easy for the officers to conduct themselves arrogantly over the phone because they already have a means of protection, what do they care, if Stephen Stephens shows up while they are walking with their families they can protect themselves, we are just a number with a bonus at the end for lying.  What am I going to do if Stephen Stephens shows up while I am walking with my familiy??  Am I going to turn into Neo from " The Matrix "??  No I am not, we will be sitting ducks at mercy to a crazed individual with a high probability of dying.  Most corrupt state in the entire United States, first chance I get I am moving my family out of this democratic infused Hillary-loving unorthodox joke of a state called Illinois.  Nothing but corrupt democrats with small print and kickbacks who live here.  By the time all the democrats wake up all Illinois will be left with is a prison system, welfare and a whole lot of " free free free free " which will quickly turn into more " debt debt debt " that no one will be able to pay since everyone can not move out of Illinois fast enough. 

#3033 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,234 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

Is your status "under review" or "under board review"?

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#3034 Elevate

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

Is your status "under review" or "under board review"?

No it is just simply " under review ".  I called ISP more than I would have liked too and I am done hearing their lies and lack luster responses addressing my very valid concern.  I asked if I could file a complaint or anything along those lines, you know what they tell me?  " Be patient all looks well and you should go active soon " not verbatim, but something very very similar to the quoted text +/- a word or two.  All my friends and family in the back of their minds think I am a criminal now for no reason.. " Hey did you get you're CCL yet? "  " I wonder why they are prolonging you're application I got mine in 7 weeks, 5 weeks, 9 weeks etc "" Is there anything on you're record? "  Many more annoying questions that I would rather not quote and I can only tell them that I have been told to be patient.  

#3035 dert

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

finally!!!

submitted 1/15 without prints
email trick 2/7
qc_verified 2/7
approved 2/8
active 4/14

turn around 90 days on the dot w/o prints.

now to wait for the mailman...

in hand 4/19!! from will county, 95 days total w/o prints!!

#3036 Sam12

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Applied with prints 2/5/17 

QC Verified to Approved 4/12/17

I had to post for the ones stalking this thread in order to estimate when they will also be approved. ;) Status did not change under inspect until today. Very uneventful, but excited to finally be close! 

Active 4/14

In hand 4/19 (postmarked on the 17th)

#3037 magphun

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Applied: 4/1 (prints)

QC_Verified: 4/20

TBD

Edited by magphun, 20 April 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#3038 jeterlancer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

How much time do prints save? Just wondering if I want to spend the $60 or not...

#3039 THE KING

• Members
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

How much time do prints save? Just wondering if I want to spend the $60 or not...

My opinion is don't waste your money.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#3040 Wrahima

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

applied 2-19 with prints

Qc_verified 3-12

email trick 4-18

Approved (Inspect element) 4-20

Active 4-21

total 61 days

#3041 Yamahaman1344

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

My opinion it is a roll of dice on timing, some see around 60 days or even sooner for approval, others see 70+ days. I submitted mine on 2/19 w/prints and am currently at qc_verified at 62 days. So if you're at the higher end at 70+ days, would you still think it's worth it? To each there own, just be prepared to potentially wait that long or longer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#3042 Dreski

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Applied 3/18
Active 4/21 with prints
33 days!! Just waiting for the mailman

#3043 Coiled

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Applied 3/18
Active 4/21 with prints

WOW Really I did mine the 3/26 QC_Verified Just waiting game.

#3044 Wapner

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

Applied 3/18
Active 4/21 with prints

That's like Jimmy Johns, Freaky Fast!!!  My wife applied 3/27 w/ prints this gives me hope, and a reason to check her status 5 more times a day, lol.

Did you check along the way?  Curious if ya noticed when went just approved. 

#3045 Dreski

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

Applied 3/18
Active 4/21 with prints

That's like Jimmy Johns, Freaky Fast!!!  My wife applied 3/27 w/ prints this gives me hope, and a reason to check her status 5 more times a day, lol.

Did you check along the way?  Curious if ya noticed when went just approved.

Yea i pretty much check it all the time. It went active today
I did do the email trick sometime last week maybe you can give that a try

#3046 Wapner

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

Applied 3/18
Active 4/21 with prints

WOW Really I did mine the 3/26 QC_Verified Just waiting game.

Did you do email trick?  Debating if I should.  Wifes is still just at submitted 1 day after you app'd

#3047 crufflesmuth

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:41 AM

Applied 4/20/17 w/ no prints. We'll see how long it takes. I would think not too long, given I have an active 03 FFL, but this IS Illinois, land of traffic, delays and super lazy uncaring public servants, we'll see. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by crufflesmuth, 23 April 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#3048 Dreski

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

I went active in 33 days with prints. It just depends. My buddie took the class a month before i did and hes still waiting with prints

#3049 crufflesmuth

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

I'm also wondering what the wait is for applications without prints? I'm not really in any rush (I live in a relatively safe neighborhood)

#3050 KlownKevin

• Supporting Members Team
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Applied 4/30/16

Under Board Review 9/1/16

Under Review 4/24/17

I will update when it changes to active and when I finally receive it!

#3051 shackleford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Applied 2/28/17 (with prints)

Emailed 4/21/17

Active 4/24/17

I checked on 4/22 and status was still just showing as Under Review, checked again today and it's active!

Edited by shackleford, 24 April 2017 - 05:10 PM.

#3052 flannelw

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Applied:  3-2-17 with prints (clean record).

I was showing "Submitted" the whole time until I did the 'email trick'

Email Trick:  4-24-17

Qc_verified:  4-24-17 (after the email)

Approved:  4-24-14

Fast status change, all within a couple of hours. Now just waiting on it turning Active and getting license in hand.

Edited by flannelw, 24 April 2017 - 05:50 PM.

#3053 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

I'm also wondering what the wait is for applications without prints? I'm not really in any rush (I live in a relatively safe neighborhood)

I think those are still running around 95 days or so.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users