Complaints about the CCL process - prints vs no prints.

Franko

I am not suggesting that the rank and file ISP employees are not hard working and dedicated. I expect they're doing their jobs exactly as they've been instructed. They'd put their jobs at risk if they did otherwise. Leadership and management......eh....

So you agree then, that the rank and file are getting the licenses out as quickly as they can and in the process are getting things lined out for smoother flow in the near future. Good. Appreciate that because that is exactly what you will see.

For this to be true you really believe the process for those submitting without prints routinely runs twice as long, and, in many cases nearly 4 times as long, as it does if prints are submitted?

Bottom line is that WE can't do a thing about it now, ISP has all the cards and until we get prove that they are doing what we think they are, again there is nothing we can do! SO everyone needs to just consider that the only thing those of us sitting here with nothing to show for our money can do is complain. And one would assume that here amongst what we would assume are friends would be the place to do so. It is the ISP fault that folks are as p***** off as they are. They might be doing the best they can with what they got but it still is as clear as mud and the inconsistencies are making them look bad. A little explanation and transparency would go along way to help their image.

I am not suggesting that the rank and file ISP employees are not hard working and dedicated. I expect they're doing their jobs exactly as they've been instructed. They'd put their jobs at risk if they did otherwise. Leadership and management......eh....

So you agree then, that the rank and file are getting the licenses out as quickly as they can and in the process are getting things lined out for smoother flow in the near future. Good. Appreciate that because that is exactly what you will see.

I talked to a fellow FCCL instructor this morning, and he said his son applied with prints at the beginning of March. He received his FCCL just a few days ago. He had license in hand in just a bit over a month.

Whew!!! Did any of you miss the part of being in different ques ("stacks" for a mental image) and having to wait behind others who are taking longer to clear?

There is no intentional holding back, holding up, etc. If you did not submit prints you have 120 day wait - period. If you get them sooner, hooray. Some posts will be removed from view because posters can not substantiate.

Actually, ISP pretty much told me in an email they are making me wait. They said there is no problem with my app so they are just going to sit on it until they feel like sending it out. probably on day 120. And Molly I have to respectfully disagree with the 120 days since many permits are being approved 60 days or less. If I'm not mistaken the law says 30 days extra for for those that didn't pay the ransom.

Why don't you post that email to back up your mouth? Otherwise some think you a not being honest and are only stirring the pot.

Whew!!! Did any of you miss the part of being in different ques ("stacks" for a mental image) and having to wait behind others who are taking longer to clear?

There is no intentional holding back, holding up, etc. If you did not submit prints you have 120 day wait - period. If you get them sooner, hooray. Some posts will be removed from view because posters can not substantiate.

Actually, ISP pretty much told me in an email they are making me wait. They said there is no problem with my app so they are just going to sit on it until they feel like sending it out. probably on day 120. And Molly I have to respectfully disagree with the 120 days since many permits are being approved 60 days or less. If I'm not mistaken the law says 30 days extra for for those that didn't pay the ransom.

Why don't you post that email to back up your mouth? Otherwise some think you are not being honest and are only stirring the pot.
Now that is at least the third time that has been asked. I asked, Molly B asked and now you asked. I guess the email isn't coming.

It is obvious things have changed around this topic. Based upon what I am reading, if you don't submit prints, then you can expect to wait 120 days. I think that point has been made.

It has been common place on this site to speak in less than favorable terms about the Federal Government, Ill State legislature, Michael Madigan, Pat Quinn, Rahm, Mark Kirk, Durbin, Holder etc.. Including name calling (Governor Jello, Rahmistan), speculation about motives, conjecture about decisions made, processes followed, etc. Anyone that has been around and read through the threads will understand.

There are plenty of reasons to question, speculate, and comment based upon conjecture, relating to the licensing process. Seeing the disparity in issue times is reason enough. It seems "intent" is mostly in question for those without prints. Clearly, an additional 30 days was granted. An argument could be made that the additional time would be added to issue times for licenses with prints. Not a stretch, as the 90/120, with prints/without prints, time table. Does not seem like that is happening.

I will make my point in question form. Why so defensive of the ISP?

It is obvious things have changed around this topic. Based upon what I am reading, if you don't submit prints, then you can expect to wait 120 days. I think that point has been made.

It has been common place on this site to speak in less than favorable terms about the Federal Government, Ill State legislature, Michael Madigan, Pat Quinn, Rahm, Mark Kirk, Durbin, Holder etc.. Including name calling (Governor Jello, Rahmistan), speculation about motives, conjecture about decisions made, processes followed, etc. Anyone that has been around and read through the threads will understand.

There are plenty of reasons to question, speculate, and comment based upon conjecture, relating to the licensing process. Seeing the disparity in issue times is reason enough. It seems "intent" is mostly in question for those without prints. Clearly, an additional 30 days was granted. An argument could be made that the additional time would be added to issue times for licenses with prints. Not a stretch, as the 90/120, with prints/without prints, time table. Does not seem like that is happening.

I think I read this before somewhere else.

I think I read this before somewhere else.

:thumbsup: Deja vu all over again...

Why are people upset and frustrated? Real simple. Some got through over 5 weeks ago that applied AFTER others. I'm truly happy for them, don't get me wrong. I am happy for anybody that should be able to get one get one. The frustration, for me, is the fact that over 5 weeks ago some in the 'same boat' made it through and then for 4 more weeks not a single person that posts here got through (speaking of no prints). If people were reporting getting through all along I'd feel much better and hope my day came, but the NOTHING for 4 weeks for people that post here anyways, is what bothers me. Then there was a blast again this past week and with luck this coming week they'll get the rest out and we'll all move on. What's frustrating is I remember at least one guy that had a prior arrest got through 5 weeks ago. Again, if he's good then I'm happy for him. I hold absolutely no grudge for him and I'm happy for him. I once rode in a cop car because my car broke down and he gave me a ride to a dealer. I'm as clean as it gets. I've never even paid a bill late. I applied at the stroke of midnight on 1/5. There are others like me that cannot fathom how we wouldn't be in the fast lane for approval yet we wait still over 5 weeks later than some that applied later and even have a background. I'm pretty sure there is not another person in this state with the same name as me, and on and on. I signed the training document and typed my name and address correct, there were no errors on my part, the thing was simple. Also for me it's a mere frustration that I cannot fathom that the background check for 95% or better of people can't happen in mere seconds regardless of what they allow themselves. If I committed some terrible crime I bet they'd know more about me than I can remember in longer than it took to type this sentence. Are these not the same systems and databases being looked at?

So maybe they didn't sit on them for 4 weeks, but from where I'm sitting it sure darn seems like they did with a 4 week lull and then a bunch all getting through in the same day. Sure there just may not have been people that post here but does that make any sense to you? NOBODY here for 4 weeks and suddenly a bunch all in the same day? The odds of that are not real good. No matter what, it is what it is and 120 days is closing in so HOPEFULLY we'll get our day and move on. I also am frustrated when it seems nobody reports one day and then a whole bunch another day. Just doesn't give me a lot of trust in the system. I also don't blame the people physically doing the work. I'd place any blame if they were indeed 'sitting on them' at a much higher level.

Also for me I thought the print thing would just help if my name was John Smith or something and that it MIGHT take 30 extra days. Had I known that for most anyways it added a whole bunch more plus some goofiness about prints messing things up again at renewal time I'd have just gotten the stupid things. In fact I probably will come renewal time. I actually pondered last week trying to go and get them done just because others reported doing so and almost immediately getting through (not so much for now but if they still have goofy crap come renewal time then I figured maybe I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone). I decided not to bother and I'll wait another 3 weeks as from where I'm sitting that is what seems like will happen. Still even if the thing arrives in my mailbox tomorrow (still under review) the entire process has left me with a sour taste and that will not change. You may not agree. Fine, we can agree to disagree.

Why are people upset and frustrated? Real simple. Some got through over 5 weeks ago that applied AFTER others. I'm truly happy for them, don't get me wrong. I am happy for anybody that should be able to get one get one. The frustration, for me, is the fact that over 5 weeks ago some in the 'same boat' made it through and then for 4 more weeks not a single person that posts here got through (speaking of no prints). If people were reporting getting through all along I'd feel much better and hope my day came, but the NOTHING for 4 weeks for people that post here anyways, is what bothers me. Then there was a blast again this past week and with luck this coming week they'll get the rest out and we'll all move on. What's frustrating is I remember at least one guy that had a prior arrest got through 5 weeks ago. Again, if he's good then I'm happy for him. I hold absolutely no grudge for him and I'm happy for him. I once rode in a cop car because my car broke down and he gave me a ride to a dealer. I'm as clean as it gets. I've never even paid a bill late. I applied at the stroke of midnight on 1/5. There are others like me that cannot fathom how we wouldn't be in the fast lane for approval yet we wait still over 5 weeks later than some that applied later and even have a background. I'm pretty sure there is not another person in this state with the same name as me, and on and on. I signed the training document and typed my name and address correct, there were no errors on my part, the thing was simple. Also for me it's a mere frustration that I cannot fathom that the background check for 95% or better of people can't happen in mere seconds regardless of what they allow themselves. If I committed some terrible crime I bet they'd know more about me than I can remember in longer than it took to type this sentence. Are these not the same systems and databases being looked at?

So maybe they didn't sit on them for 4 weeks, but from where I'm sitting it sure darn seems like they did with a 4 week lull and then a bunch all getting through in the same day. Sure there just may not have been people that post here but does that make any sense to you? NOBODY here for 4 weeks and suddenly a bunch all in the same day? The odds of that are not real good. No matter what, it is what it is and 120 days is closing in so HOPEFULLY we'll get our day and move on. I also am frustrated when it seems nobody reports one day and then a whole bunch another day. Just doesn't give me a lot of trust in the system. I also don't blame the people physically doing the work. I'd place any blame if they were indeed 'sitting on them' at a much higher level.

Also for me I thought the print thing would just help if my name was John Smith or something and that it MIGHT take 30 extra days. Had I known that for most anyways it added a whole bunch more plus some goofiness about prints messing things up again at renewal time I'd have just gotten the stupid things. In fact I probably will come renewal time. I actually pondered last week trying to go and get them done just because others reported doing so and almost immediately getting through (not so much for now but if they still have goofy crap come renewal time then I figured maybe I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone). I decided not to bother and I'll wait another 3 weeks as from where I'm sitting that is what seems like will happen. Still even if the thing arrives in my mailbox tomorrow (still under review) the entire process has left me with a sour taste and that will not change. You may not agree. Fine, we can agree to disagree.

THIS^^^^^^^^^

Well said.

If folks with no prints had been trickling out all along I'd be fine with waiting and the whole concept of w/o prints takes longer -- problem is they HAVEN'T been trickling out - none, NADA , zilch -- we got a handful, then nothing and now another couple handfuls.

Like the poster above - I have been in a cop car - when I did a ride along program -- other than that not even to get a traffic ticket. My work Security clearance (which includes complete criminal background check WITHOUT prints) was completed in less than 20 days.

So far not much of this process HAS functioned -- how many folks have seen a notification from ISP when a status changed?? -- we were promised that. How many folks with print issues were notified of those issues?? Most HAD to go looking to find out -- why?? Denials -- how many folks who have been denied actually know why?? No, a generic letter stating they are a menace to society doesn't cut it...

Are things happening - yes.

Is the ISP doing a good job with this?? Absolutely NOT.

To pretend otherwise is just simply absurd.

I applied 1/5

No Prints

No issues with the law but I knew I would have to wait 120 days.

I could have spent the extra money for prints but I didn't feel

like driving two & a half hours away to get prints done.

I am happy with all that are getting their licenses. It makes me more

comfortable that their are now more good guys & gals out their that are

evening out the odds of the bad guys. My day is coming very soon & I will

be another one of the good guys to add to our odds.

And for some dumb reason (smart actually) I got off the iPad and logged in with the computer and now Active. Last time I checked was sometime Friday evening and it changed since then. I still stand by everything I said above though but the sour taste suddenly is not as bad.

Congrats...remember that...sometimes the world is dark before it gets better.

THIS^^^^^^^^^

Well said.

If folks with no prints had been trickling out all along I'd be fine with waiting and the whole concept of w/o prints takes longer -- problem is they HAVEN'T been trickling out - none, NADA , zilch -- we got a handful, then nothing and now another couple handfuls.

Like the poster above - I have been in a cop car - when I did a ride along program -- other than that not even to get a traffic ticket. My work Security clearance (which includes complete criminal background check WITHOUT prints) was completed in less than 20 days.

So far not much of this process HAS functioned -- how many folks have seen a notification from ISP when a status changed?? -- we were promised that. How many folks with print issues were notified of those issues?? Most HAD to go looking to find out -- why?? Denials -- how many folks who have been denied actually know why?? No, a generic letter stating they are a menace to society doesn't cut it...

Are things happening - yes.

Is the ISP doing a good job with this?? Absolutely NOT.

To pretend otherwise is just simply absurd.

Front page of the Trib today reports that the ISP has a fleet of new cars just sitting in storage because they lack the funding to outfit them for the road. If only they had a new revenue source.....

We understand there are complaints about the licensing process and we, along with the ISRA and NRA, are working diligently to help work out the problems.

This particular topic is for complaints about the prints vs no prints and those who feel that process is unfair. Posts from other topics will be shifted here.

Please do not post opinions as facts or supposition as truth. If you post it as fact, you need to be able to back it up.

Now that is Funny! This ^^^^^ Oops. You have to look back a page.

Yes, it is, but this ^^^^^^^ is even funnier...!!! (Don't ya just hate it when that happens..??) :ermm:

Yes someone must have done some house cleaning and NOW it is on the correct page. Just for me. I could edit it out of my post but what the heck. :) And that is why you have your head in your hands.

When this law was established and ruled on, it was stipulated that with an application with finger prints the time of issuance of the permit would be 90 days if the application did not have any issues. The issue with an application without prints would take 120 days without any problems with the application. This was common knowledge going into this. If you want the permit in the shortest time, send prints, if you do not care for the 120 day wait, do not sent in prints. Most members do understand this. However some just want to bad-mouth any body and everybody because they do not get their permits back before some poor schmuck sent in after him, without prints and got approved before him. What a Pity, that life handed him such a misguided issue and HE can't stand it. Maybe your disposition and your demeanor preceeds you. Maybe people in the know, know that you are a hothead. Maybe they are checking on your reaction to the delay of your permit. Any way just keep on griping and throwing your temper fits and see if that doesn't make your wait a while longer.

Applied and paid- 1/16/14

87 days later- under review

waiting for my 120 days

We understand there are complaints about the licensing process and we, along with the ISRA and NRA, are working diligently to help work out the problems.

This particular topic is for complaints about the prints vs no prints and those who feel that process is unfair. Posts from other topics will be shifted here.

Please do not post opinions as facts or supposition as truth. If you post it as fact, you need to be able to back it up.

That's great news, it's all we wanted is some kind of explanation. Thanks Molly

Mac, the law did not state that it would take 90 days with and 120 days without prints.

The law states that the ISP MAY take 90 with an additional 30 without prints. That is not the same as taking more than 60 additional days for an app submitted on the same day as one with prints. It is the inconsistent processing and the lack of communication that is so frustrating.

I did not expect equal treatment when I submitted without prints, but I sure as heck didn't expect to be waiting under review with NO issues or mistakes while some lucky folks have permits in hand after applying AFTER me and also without prints. Quite frankly, I don't understand the tone of your post.

Mac, the law did not state that it would take 90 days with and 120 days without prints.

The law states that the ISP MAY take 90 with an additional 30 without prints. That is not the same as taking more than 60 additional days for an app submitted on the same day as one with prints. It is the inconsistent processing and the lack of communication that is so frustrating.

I did not expect equal treatment when I submitted without prints, but I sure as heck didn't expect to be waiting under review with NO issues or mistakes while some lucky folks have permits in hand after applying AFTER me and also without prints. Quite frankly, I don't understand the tone of your post.

Nicely put.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

Applied 3/6

Payment 3/6

Prints Initially no, but added prints 4/8

Instructor No

App # 56,XXX

Active 4/9

This is why we are confused. Submit prints then one day "Active". People are waiting 98 days with and without prints to be approved. When there is no information or communication, the people will get upset. We are very happy for those approved as I today. But there are people here that needs answers. We know this is a new process. But, communication from them and us could help. I tried to reach out to them. No luck. I do think things will get better. If they listen to the very people they are serving.

I submitted on 3-2 and am #59xxx.....how does an app from 3-6 end up being #56xxx.

That was not my app, I have no idea how the app numbers run. It doesn't look like they are in order.

From what I have seen in the last 3 months, the app number means nothing as far as order of receiving or processing.

Archived