Oak Park solitary confinement

Mr. Fife

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, March 19, 2020 at 05:55 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, March 19, 2020 at 05:55 PM - No reason given
It’s been libby meltdown in the grocery stores here and in River Forest the past week so it’ll be interesting to see how the next few days unfold. Thankfully they tend to sleep in and I shop early.

Glad I no longer live in Oak Park. I have been following the news there and dropping property prices. Both tied to a lack of common sense like this:

https://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/3-3-2020/Community-leaders-scrutinize-police-presence-at-OPRF/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Georgia is is just fine for me.

Oak Park is shutting down a lot of businesses, which will no doubt cause financial hardship. But their idea of "shelter in place" is pretty loose. Check out Section 10.

https://capitolfax.com/2020/03/18/here-are-the-details-of-oak-parks-shelter-in-place-order/

It’s been libby meltdown in the grocery stores here and in River Forest the past week so it’ll be interesting to see how the next few days unfold. Thankfully they tend to sleep in and I shop early.

Viruses don't have a political persuasion. And if you're not isolating, you are MUCH more likely to get it. Shopping early won't protect you, as you're touching stuff that thousands of infected people have already been riffling through for weeks.

Viruses don't have a political persuasion. And if you're not isolating, you are MUCH more likely to get it. Shopping early won't protect you, as you're touching stuff that thousands of infected people have already been riffling through for weeks.

You love to troll. I know full well how different the libs act in a crisis compared to those on the other side. I’ve seen them claw for toilet paper, shove frozen pizzas on the carts to the hilt and crash their carts into you for the last pack of cheddar cheese. As for the virus, no kidding. But less people in yo face when you shop is less potential run ins wheather sick or hostile. Tempers are flailing heat. So keep your berating your berating tone to yourself.

I know Anon, the mayor of OP. We use to workout together back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Our politics are completely opposite, but he's one of the nicest, most genuine guys I've ever met. i see what they're trying to do here with this order, and to me, it's not all bad. No one is saying you can't do what you need to do in order to make sure you have what you need. While I'm not wild about this kind of order, at least this one has plenty of room so one can still get out there and when they need to. PS, he use to own (or maybe still does) a bunch of restaurants. Pizza and Italian food, and let me tell you, the food was AMAZING.

Violators will be slapped with citations and fines by Chicago Police and the Department of Public Health, even though it’s not known precisely how they will be identified.

It's not really an order if it can't be enforced. SCC made a good point a day or two ago: considering Chicago's mayor and city council have spent years undermining the authority of the police to enforce law, how do they expect any "order" to be enforced? What are cops supposed to do if everyone decides to defy the order?

I read a mainstream media item earlier today that, although people in San Fransisco are frightened that they could infect their older relatives by going out, people generally aren't confining themselves to their homes. Another article reports that spring breakers in Florida are still spring breaking.

Courts have ruled that the president has the constitutional power to order quarantines and enforce them. Depending on state constitutions and federal laws, governors may or may not. Mayors don't.

Exceptions in Chicago as needed........

Drive by with a specific target, no randoms.

Sales of mind altering drugs on street corners, no gouging of pricing.

Party’s and park gatherings late at night with small children in your arms, better to stop the first sentence.

Specific targeted looting of major stores during shopping hours only, limit to 10 items or less, 10 people or less!

Remove restrictions on cigs booze n non essentials purchased with link/snap cards.

Is Oak park going to put up a wall or chainlink fencing with concertina wire to keep other peeps from invading their area during the lock down? Or for that matter to keep other infected zombies out after their self declared quarantine is over?

Charley subsequently issued the shelter-in-place order on March 18. The order goes into effect March 20 and extends through April 3. Both Charley's and the mayor's actions come on the heels of the announcement, also made March 18, of Oak Park's first documented positive COVID-19 test result.

https://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/3-18-2020/Oak-Park-issues-shelter-in-place-order/

Exceptions in Chicago as needed........Drive by with a specific target, no randoms....

Perhaps the mayor should issue an order that gang members should only take carefully aimed shots to decrease the impact on bystanders. Violators will be issued citations and fined.

No violations

No traffic tickets

No arrests

No boots

No towing

Pay as you can on water, trash, and other sorted utilities

Gang members are being asked to shelter in place inside their Escalades and Bemers

help me understand why this is supposedly so bad and scary that everyone is worried about it? Isn this logical steps anyway?

As far as 'forcing people to stay home' - how exactly you see this working? this is not enforceable without _MASSIVE_ work by government authorities (if you block people from leaving to get food, you then responsible on feeding everyone yourself, every meal, every day, every house/household)

help me understand why this is supposedly so bad and scary that everyone is worried about it? Isn this logical steps anyway?

As far as 'forcing people to stay home' - how exactly you see this working? this is not enforceable without _MASSIVE_ work by government authorities (if you block people from leaving to get food, you then responsible on feeding everyone yourself, every meal, every day, every house/household)

Roadblocks? Checkpoints? Arrests? Many many options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i lived through civil war (in former Soviet Union), guys - all of these 'shelter in place' is still very , very, very liberal (as in allowing you do things way beyond any serious emergency would do). before you go panicking over 'government overreach', these are extremely mild measures.

I would be much more concerned if state decides to release both prison/jail populations our of 'human compassion and concern about their health'. you would be then adding people to neighborhoods in the middle of massive economic slowdown who have no way to feed themselves . I think this would impact public security much more than any 'shelter in place' orders...

i lived through civil war (in former Soviet Union), guys - all of these 'shelter in place' is still very , very, very liberal (as in allowing you do things way beyond any serious emergency would do). before you go panicking over 'government overreach', these are extremely mild measures.

I would be much more concerned if state decides to release both prison/jail populations our of 'human compassion and concern about their health'. you would be then adding people to neighborhoods in the middle of massive economic slowdown who have no way to feed themselves . I think this would impact public security much more than any 'shelter in place' orders...

Liberty is liberty, and is the whole purpose of the U.S.A. And these authoritarian directives are the enemy of liberty.

Also, they are already doing that. Several jails have been releasing offenders for "companionate leave".

What cleanup aisle 9 & 10 are bare, but the greeting card aisles are fully stocked.

I cleaned up, brother - lifetime supply of TP.

SO YOU'RE THE ONE! :shocked: :)

No, I am.

For over 20 years, I have clipped and used every coupon for TP I could. Over the last 5-6 years, I have limited it to Quilted Northern for several reasons. Angel Soft isn't really. Cottonelle has very few coupons and they expire very quickly. Charmin coupons seem to be primarily for "mega" rolls that don't fit my holder. Even so, I am currently using TP bought almost 5 years ago and, according to my records, I have over 500 individual rolls in various sized bundles.

Archived