Photo

Smaller FFL's vs. Gun Stores

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

Given FFL's have been limited to how much they can charge for a transfer now I think we're going to see the end of the kitchen table FFL. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

All they have to do is refuse to do transfers . No way these polotitions can tell a private shop owner how much they can charge for a service.
The state will just make it a condition of their state ffl license. Do it for $10 or we won't license you to do business.
NY also has the $10 transfer cap. I guess they started at that level but have now started charging more knowing that it wasnt getting enforced.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#62 Flingarrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

... I prefer table top FFLs just to put it back on track. I got into a big thing with a LGS and have never bought from a big box store.In between is the mom & pop store. Small LGSs are highly variable, I think.The FFL I use most is a guy who makes his living as a gunsmith. I've had him do some smithing for me, too. He doesn't charge transfer fees like he resents that people don't buy guns from him, and he still makes money in his chosen firearm-related profession. Doing transfers brings him smithing business. It's a model that works.

Is it that hat Paul? I had some work done by him on my sons hunting gun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users