Get a Permit from another state threads

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FYI I just spoke to the AZ conceal weapons department and was informed that the IL hunter safety course will satisfy the training requirements to obtain an AZ conceal carry permit. Think I'll do that instead of FL since it's $60 instead of $125 or whatever FL is now.

and AZ renewals are only $43. :Drunk emoticon:

FYI I just spoke to the AZ conceal weapons department and was informed that the IL hunter safety course will satisfy the training requirements to obtain an AZ conceal carry permit. Think I'll do that instead of FL since it's $60 instead of $125 or whatever FL is now.

and AZ renewals are only $43. :Drunk emoticon:

I find no place on the Arizona website how many years the LTC is good for, Florida is 7 years. It looks like it is good in the states that Florida is except Washington and Florida unless you are an Arizona resident. Feel free to double check on the states that honor Arizona.

You can add Arizona

When their Constitutional Carry bill took effect July 29 they expanded the training options and training is no longer required to be done within AZ borders. I obtained the permit within 2 weeks mailbox to mailbox with NRA Basic taken in PA.

Did I miss the link for an application? I didn't see where it was on the website. :Drunk emoticon:

You can add Arizona

When their Constitutional Carry bill took effect July 29 they expanded the training options and training is no longer required to be done within AZ borders. I obtained the permit within 2 weeks mailbox to mailbox with NRA Basic taken in PA.

Did I miss the link for an application? I didn't see where it was on the website. :Drunk emoticon:

I couldn't find one either so I called and asked for one, took about 4-5 days in the mail iirc. I called the 800 number (800) 256-6280 statewide outside the Phoenix area. I think you have to call and ask for one because they have their own stamped fingerprint cards you have to return with the application.

Hope this helps.

Correct additional training isn't required if you have a valid hunter safety course card just like FL. But finger prints are still needed and that's why you have to call to ask for an application

Alternate Applicant Instructions.

If you possess documentation, as stipulated in ARS § 13-3112(E)(6)(b-d), you may qualify to obtain a permit without attending the DPS approved firearms-safety training course. Please contact the Concealed Weapons Permit Unit to obtain an application packet.

Revieved my AZ packet yesterday. Going to get finger prints tomorrow.

Did I miss the need to submit a photo? I didn't see it on the application or the website???

I don't believe a photo is required although a DL, FOID and copy of hunter/firearm training certificate are. Sent mine off yesturday, hope I got everything right cause it's non refundable.

Did I miss the need to submit a photo? I didn't see it on the application or the website???

No need for photo.

I don't believe a photo is required although a DL, FOID and copy of hunter/firearm training certificate are. Sent mine off yesturday, hope I got everything right cause it's non refundable.

I don't believe you need all 3..training certificate would suffice...

Down in Texas now and love it. My Florida license is still good here as a resident. Now that Utah has passed their law lots of guys here are upset because they have Utah due to Texas chl costs. I will get mine in a few months, but where I live not much of the way of crime. I have more problems with hogs,coyotes and occasional mountian lion then people. You can carry in your car a concealed handgun as long as you are "traveling" Makes it a bit nicer and there is a big push for constituitional carry also. Love it hear guys, come on down!

No need for photo.

I don't believe you need all 3..training certificate would suffice...

I also notice personal checks are not accepted. It's still a bargain.

Update from Centre County:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARM

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM

UPDATED POST - 2/15/11

We have implemented the new statewide system. There have been some problems with the new system and times we were unable to issue a license through the new system. In those cases we still utilize the old system.

Until these issues are resolved we will continue utilizing both the old and new system.

Once the new system has all the glitches worked out we will no longer utilize the old system and all applicants and renewals will need apply in person.

When we make the full transition to the new system we will provide a one week window for processing via mail.

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM

UPDATED POST - 2/15/11

We have implemented the new statewide system. There have been some problems with the new system and times we were unable to issue a license through the new system. In those cases we still utilize the old system.

Until these issues are resolved we will continue utilizing both the old and new system.

Once the new system has all the glitches worked out we will no longer utilize the old system and all applicants and renewals will need apply in person.

When we make the full transition to the new system we will provide a one week window for processing via mail.

Just got mine back this Sat. in the mail. 1 1/2 week turn around in my mailbox. Centre County Rocks! Looks like I just made it in the nick of time. Went to office max as stated in the earlier threads and shrunk to 65% and laminated. After that... 3 miles to the Indiana border on my way to Portor county fair grounds for a huge gun show in which I was able to legally excercise my 2A rights for the afternoon for the first time in my life. (G19 stayed in car at show no loaded firearms @ gun shows) The only bummer was unloading and encasing under the welcome to Illinois sign on the way home. I live minutes from the Indiana border and spend alot of time there so this will be a "life saver" (pun intended) when im in the Hossier!

Thanks to everyone here for all the information and to the folks pushing these bills Todd and crew... God speed to you! Its time Illinois

• 3 weeks later...

I got AZ in Mondays mail. Nice looking card.

A buddy of mine had a question about his application so he called the AZ ccw office and he told her his address on his foid doesn't match that of his DL. She told him, "I that doesn't matter, all I care about is you have training requirement and you pass the background check". My kinda gal cool.png

UPDATED POST -3/8/11

ALL NON RESIDENT APPLICATIONS TO BE PROCESSED VIA MAIL MUST BE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE BY MARCH 31, 2011.

WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS MAILED APPLICATIONS OR RENEWALS AFTER MARCH 31, 2011.

THIS IS A RESULT OF REQUIREMENTS OF ACT 66, 2005.

This act requires the applicant's photo and signature be captured electronically into our system. As of this time there is no manner to fullfil this requirement without the personal appearance of the applicant. Should we learn of an alternative manner to process these two requirements without appearance we will revisit the process of issuance via mail.

Sent mine in today. There are some states on PA that are not on my FL.

I can’t seem to find any... According to http://www.handgunlaw.us/, I don't see any states that recognize Pennsylvania that don't also recognize Florida. Florida (nonresident) gives you 32 states. From what I understand, if you already have a Florida permit, the only possible states you can add to it are Minnesota (Utah permit), Maine (Maine permit), Connecticut (Connecticut permit) and New Hampshire (New Hampshire permit).

I can’t seem to find any... According to http://www.handgunlaw.us/, I don't see any states that recognize Pennsylvania that don't also recognize Florida. Florida (nonresident) gives you 32 states. From what I understand, if you already have a Florida permit, the only possible states you can add to it are Minnesota (Utah permit), Maine (Maine permit), Connecticut (Connecticut permit) and New Hampshire (New Hampshire permit).

Colorado Michigan New Hampshire South Carolina and West Virginia have a #4 endorsement on the list that accompanied my license. Those states do not recognise a FL license if they are not a resident of FL.

Ohio, Florida, Kansas, North Dakota, New Mexico do not recognise PA but they do Fl.

Colorado Michigan New Hampshire South Carolina and West Virginia have a #4 endorsement on the list that accompanied my license. Those states do not recognise a FL license if they are not a resident of FL.

Ohio, Florida, Kansas, North Dakota, New Mexico do not recognise PA but they do Fl.

WV is incorrect in that list. That was changed July 2009. Reciprocity list

WV is incorrect in that list. That was changed July 2009. Reciprocity list

That's good to know. My FL paper was revised on July 1, 2009. The last time I checked the FL site it had not changed. Maybe it has, I'll have to check again.

Went to FL and then to PA and my FL permit gives me WA,NM,KS,IA,NE,AL and OH that a PA permit does not.

Archived