RIP RBG

RoadyRunner

I'm all for Trump's choice, but aren't there any American children with no parents?

Not really, there's a loooooong waiting list unless you want to adopt older children with issues.

Aren't older children with issues the ones that need help most?

Yes, but few parents can step into such a role. It's one trained professionals have difficulty with.

Let other countries take care of their own, and we take care of ours.

Personally I'm of the opinion if someone wants to be parents to a child that it should not matter where that child was born, there should not even be a question of providing a child a home with parents vs foster or orphanage raising, country lines should make no difference in that decision. The entire "take care of ours" is great in idea but not realistic in practice due to many factors and roadblocks that are in the way in this country.

If I was younger I would consider adoption, but as touched upon older kids many times come with problems, that is why they are generally still in the foster system at an elder age and not adopted, yes they need homes as well but they need homes that can provide and deal with the special needs of these children, not a "this is your only choice to adopt" option to those seeking children to adopt.

Let other countries take care of their own, and we take care of ours.

Personally I'm of the opinion if someone wants to be parents to a child that it should not matter where that child was born, there should not even be a question of providing a child a home with parents vs foster or orphanage raising, country lines should make no difference in that decision. The entire "take care of ours" is great in idea but not realistic in practice due to many factors and roadblocks that are in the way in this country.

If I was younger I would consider adoption, but as touched upon older kids many times come with problems, that is why they are generally still in the foster system at an elder age and not adopted, yes they need homes as well but they need homes that can provide and deal with the special needs of these children, not a "this is your only choice to adopt" option to those seeking children to adopt.

Then I guess they need to fix the system. Which is probably why, (Subconsciously of course), :flowers: I started saying stuff on this subject. I don't think I've ever wanted kids, so I'm just saying what makes sense to me. I've heard there are a lot of things in the way here.

Archived