National Universal Background Checks

InterestedBystander

Since UBC looks like it will get some focus when Congress returns, I took a closer look at H.R.8.

This eliminates private sales and requires a check by an FFL. Without change, it looks like this will do the same to medical marijuana card patient/caregiver holders as Willis SB1966...i.e. prevent purchasing of firearms due to the 4473 form.

I see there is another separate bill putting in an exemption for states with medical cards but that hasnt been voted on at all.

McConnell: Gun background checks will be 'front and center' in Senate debate

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/456776-mcconnell-gun-background-checks-will-be-front-and-center-in-senate-debate#

I just emailed my senators asking they add amendments to any UBC legislation that legalizes national reciprocity and eliminates GFZs. I pointed out UBCs would send the message that nobody has to worry about the gun owner because they're background checked, along with current 14th amendment issues. GFZs violate civil rights, and are akin to racist laws that prevented blacks from sitting at the counter at Woolworths.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just emailed my senators asking they add amendments to any UBC legislation that legalizes national reciprocity and eliminates GFZs. I pointed out UBCs would send the message that nobody has to worry about the gun owner because they're background checked, along with current 14th amendment issues. GFZs violate civil rights, and are akin to racist laws that prevented blacks from sitting at the counter at Woolworths.

Good luck with that. Pretty sure thats a no go with Durbin and Duckworth here in IL

Sent from my SM-N960U using TapatalkGood luck with that. Pretty sure thats a no go with Durbin and Duckworth here in IL

Keep going....

You're almost there.

The goal would be to make the original legislation undesirable enough to make it pass. If it does pass we get something out of it.

Trump hasn't signed any bills yet in regards to unconstitutional gun laws. So far it's all talk.

I think we should wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions.

I agree . Also if it comes down to voting for Trump or any Democrat for President , well I'll just say , Pres. Trump will again get my vote.

I see there is another separate bill putting in an exemption for states with medical cards but that hasn't been voted on at all.

Weed and firearms. not such a good idea in my book. I love freedom, but will take safety over getting stoned any day.

WitchDoctor, Is it recreational marijuana or medical marijuana that you feel uneasy about mixing with guns? Medical marijuana isn't about getting stoned. There ARE those of us that need pain relief that would benefit from such a bill. My pain doctor strongly advises me to get a MM card during every visit and I have explained more than once that because I'm a gun enthusiast, I won't apply for a card due to the 4473. She then asks "How many guns do you have? Don't you have enough?" and I explain, "I like collecting them. Why should I be limited in how many guns I can collect? Car collectors aren't banned from purchasing cars when they acquire a MM card and cars kill far more people than guns do. So why should I be penalized and lose a cherished freedom to gain some much needed relief from pain?"

Illinois decriminalizing small amounts of pot won't benefit me either because again, I'm not looking to get high, I need more pain relief than my medicine provides. And not ALL medical marijuana contains the THC that gives one the "high". Now, I realize there are those that will run to their doctor feigning non-existent pains to get a MM card, just as many lazy folks have done to get a handicap card to get the closest parking spots. And I'm told weed makes you passive while booze usually makes you less inhibited and/or more aggressive. I would say alcohol raises more concerns that marijuana does.

Can somebody please identify who would be the perfect ruler of all humanity so we can stop arguing about who is better than who? /sarcasm

If there really was such a thing as the perfect representative then everybody would have one already. Politicians are no better than a typical automobile. You utilize as intended. After a few years you trade them in for a newer model with more tricks.

I see there is another separate bill putting in an exemption for states with medical cards but that hasn't been voted on at all.

Weed and firearms. not such a good idea in my book. I love freedom, but will take safety over getting stoned any day.

WitchDoctor, Is it recreational marijuana or medical marijuana that you feel uneasy about mixing with guns? Medical marijuana isn't about getting stoned. There ARE those of us that need pain relief that would benefit from such a bill. My pain doctor strongly advises me to get a MM card during every visit and I have explained more than once that because I'm a gun enthusiast, I won't apply for a card due to the 4473. She then asks "How many guns do you have? Don't you have enough?" and I explain, "I like collecting them. Why should I be limited in how many guns I can collect? Car collectors aren't banned from purchasing cars when they acquire a MM card and cars kill far more people than guns do. So why should I be penalized and lose a cherished freedom to gain some much needed relief from pain?"

Illinois decriminalizing small amounts of pot won't benefit me either because again, I'm not looking to get high, I need more pain relief than my medicine provides. And not ALL medical marijuana contains the THC that gives one the "high". Now, I realize there are those that will run to their doctor feigning non-existent pains to get a MM card, just as many lazy folks have done to get a handicap card to get the closest parking spots. And I'm told weed makes you passive while booze usually makes you less inhibited and/or more aggressive. I would say alcohol raises more concerns that marijuana does.

LMAO! Have you tried modern medical pot? Mind-blowing potency. Just unreal.

Taking the correct dosage, enough to treat the condition, would be a big factor in keeping it medicinal.
That IS the "correct dosage" to which he is referring. A couple hits (tokes, whatever you wanna call it) of that stuff will floor most people. I mean, I know cancer patients who use it and it kills pain when opiates won't and they develop a huge tolerance. They ARE high. That's just a byproduct. But the level of impairment can't be measured because of the tolerance. Some people can be completely...fine, others not so much.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

A few days ago I placed an order for a bundle of 8" PVC pipe and end caps. Now taking sales orders. PM me for price.

When you get to smaller size pvc then you start drawing attention.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190810/lombard-man-charged-with-possessing-explosive-materials

Lombard man charged with possessing explosive materials

Lombard police early this week served a search warrant at the home of Daniel Waters, 22, after learning that he may have had guns and explosive materials, according to a news release from the DuPage County state's attorney's office. Authorities found a diatribe written about starting a militia and multiple bags of materials and other items used to make bombs, such as potassium nitrate, sulfur, activated charcoal, pipes, ball bearings, BBS and PVC pipe, the release said.

Waters is in custody at the DuPage County jail on an unrelated domestic battery charges, the release said, but was charged with one count of unlawful possession of explosive material, a felony.

A few days ago I placed an order for a bundle of 8" PVC pipe and end caps. Now taking sales orders. PM me for price.

When you get to smaller size pvc then you start drawing attention.https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190810/lombard-man-charged-with-possessing-explosive-materials

Lombard man charged with possessing explosive materials

Lombard police early this week served a search warrant at the home of Daniel Waters, 22, after learning that he may have had guns and explosive materials, according to a news release from the DuPage County state's attorney's office. Authorities found a diatribe written about starting a militia and multiple bags of materials and other items used to make bombs, such as potassium nitrate, sulfur, activated charcoal, pipes, ball bearings, BBS and PVC pipe, the release said.

Waters is in custody at the DuPage County jail on an unrelated domestic battery charges, the release said, but was charged with one count of unlawful possession of explosive material, a felony.

That's why you setup a non-union electrician contractor company first. /sarcasm

Archived