Kamala Got a Gun

Odinson

I have no idea what she means by 'false choice'. Sounds like nonsense.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2020-hopeful-kamala-harris-says-she-owns-gun-224722455--election.html

2020 Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris speaks to students at a local cafe, Thursday, April 11, 2019, in Des Moines, Iowa. (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate Kamala Harris says she owns a gun and called it a "false choice" that the only two gun control options are complete, unrestricted access or a desire to seize everyone's guns.

The senator from California told reporters after a campaign event in Iowa that she is a gun owner. She says, "I own a gun for probably the reason that a lot of people do: for personal safety."

The 2020 White House hopeful says that Americans "are being offered a false choice, which suggests you're either in favor of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone's guns away."

She says she supports "smart gun-safety laws," such as universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons.I

Out of context just the quote above can mean two different things.

"Smart gun safety laws..."

Gun safety laws based upon reasonable ideas that are consistent within the scope of the Constitution or regulations that promote smart gun technology.

Kamala is a lawyer. Her words are careful chosen. Always read what she says twice.

So the 'false choices' are a 1) total free-for-all with no restrictions on anything firearm related or 2) an all out ban on anything firearm related? Her choice, the one true choice, would be this illusion of common sense gun laws - which would be crafted to fit her particular firearm desires. Broken record here, we can't enforce our existing laws for some reason, and now she wants more junk on top of those? I just can't.

I am at least encouraged that a D admitted to owning a firearm. I wish someone would take her to a range and have her crush a golf ball at 50 yards with an AR fitted with a red dot sight and virtually no recoil. How could she not change her tune on this and buy an AR15 after that experience? Real hope and change.

She claims to own a gun, but I'm sure it's a lie.

Also, whenever I hear the term "gun safety", my BS flag goes up. That's just a replacement term for "gun control" that the left thinks sounds more palatable.

And why would she lie?

Just wait until more of the 2020 field decides it's OK to discuss why they have guns and what they like about shooting!

So the 'false choices' are a 1) total free-for-all with no restrictions on anything firearm related or 2) an all out ban on anything firearm related?

Yes, although it's a bit of a strawman. She's saying that it's a fallacy that the choice must be between no regulation whatsoever and total prohibition. It's a strawman, because very few people argue for the elimination of all regulations. Even people who might think they are opposed to all regulations probably still want to prohibit possession of firearms by violent felons and sale of firearms to small children.

On the other hand, there are definitely people who fervently argue for the prohibition of all firearms (or who say they do, except not have it apply to their private armies).

I'd bet it's a revolver, because that would be consistent with the "semi-autos with detachable mags are practically machine guns" philosophy.

She could be the worst enemy of the Republican Party... A progressive moderate gun owning Democrat.

Yes....very interesting....

She is a bit too progressive for me....but....that particular dynamic is actually good. Same (to an extent) for Biden.

The "Fudd" debate withstanding.....Democratic gun owners are a good thing.

So the 'false choices' are a 1) total free-for-all with no restrictions on anything firearm related or 2) an all out ban on anything firearm related?

Yes, although it's a bit of a strawman. She's saying that it's a fallacy that the choice must be between no regulation whatsoever and total prohibition. It's a strawman, because very few people argue for the elimination of all regulations. Even people who might think they are opposed to all regulations probably still want to prohibit possession of firearms by violent felons and sale of firearms to small children.On the other hand, there are definitely people who fervently argue for the prohibition of all firearms (or who say they do, except not have it apply to their private armies).

I'd bet it's a revolver, because that would be consistent with the "semi-autos with detachable mags are practically machine guns" philosophy.

I bet I know where she got it.

post-11676-0-32966300-1555112056_thumb.jpeg

Gun safety laws based upon reasonable ideas that are consistent within the scope of the Constitution or regulations that promote smart gun technology.

Kamala is a lawyer. Her words are careful chosen. Always read what she says twice.

She says "such as universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons" That tells you her exact stance. AWBs are not reasonable, nor consistant with the Constitution.

You have to love this current trend of assaulting people's intelligence when they do not agree with you.

I know I'm not the oldest guy, but I don't recall this "Don't agree with me? You must be stupid." approach at politics until Obama was running for president. That was the first time I can recall having my intelligence insulted because I didn't support a presidential candidate. When you'd publicly say that you didn't want him as president, you'd get this reception of "Oh...then you must be dumb". That approach was one-up'd in 2016 with "You support Trump? You must be a racist or a Nazi".

Since then, it's attaching words like "common sense" or "smart" attached to anti freedom bills or actions. It implies that you lack intelligence or common sense if you do not agree with them.

She says "such as universal background checks and a ban on assault weapons" That tells you her exact stance. AWBs are not reasonable, nor consistant with the Constitution.

The first three words of my comment say "Out of context"... I'm well aware of the in context meaning of her comments, but wanted to take an opportunity to point out how dangerous her words might be if someone isn't paying attention.

...also have to love the Joe "touch 'em in the feels" Biden approach of "Heeeyyy...I'm a gun owner to, man. I'm just saying that all you need is a single shot shotgun or 2-round revolver...it's common sense..."

Joe Biden says Texas church shooting hero Willeford never should have owned AR-15

How do you justify the Democratic [Partys] view on gun control when the shooter was stopped by a man who was legally licensed to carry a gun? a woman asked.

Well, first of all, the kind of gun being carried he shouldnt be carrying, Mr. Biden replied, the Daily Wire reported. Assault weapons are I wrote the last serious gun control law that was written and was law for 10 years, and it outlawed assault weapons and it outlawed weapons with magazines that had a whole lot of bullets and so you can kill a whole lot of people a lot more quickly.

https://washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/14/joe-biden-says-sutherland-springs-hero-stephen-wil/

Archived