14 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

So Im thinking about getting a Max Versipak shown at this link:
https://www.maxpedit...ant=25898234184

And Im not one to really go out on a limb and buy online willy nilly.
I absolutely hate having to send stuff back, very time consuming.

So has anyone used this bag for carry and of course all the other intended purposes?

Also, I'd like to find a store somewhere within reason that actually carries Max stuff.
Any info would be great or IF there is another brand that's just as good with the same features I should be looking at, post that too please.

I should clarify that Ill be carrying and not carrying.
I'll be uses the water bottle side pouch.
I will need a few medical stuff inside and yes Ill be using it while on my bicycle.

Thanks in Advance.

#2 jerry52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

Have one have used it for travel, makes a great carry on holds all the junk iI need for a trip( phone ,meds, flashlight ETC ETC) Very well made holds up great(10 + years) also have used for foid carry

#3 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,563 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:34 AM

I've got the smaller one...can't remember the specific model names anymore...it's great, but don't expect to be able to draw in less than 2 seconds from it. Mine is a ten second ordeal.

#4 bmyers

• 4,079 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:25 AM

I have one of these:

https://smile.amazon...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered it back in 2015 and it is still holding up great. I turned it into a light GHB and have it in the SUV.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA

ISRA Member

#5 Yas

• Members
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:02 AM

Before we had ccl I carried a versa pack for about 3 years. The only complaint I had was the large plastic clip for the main flap would only last about a year before wearing out and breaking a prong.  Replaced it once with stock clip.  Second time, replaced it with a metal chromed clip that friend found for me online somewhere (they were into making jewelry and found it from a source ) 

For better prices look at LA Police Gear .com  They very often put up sales on Maxpedition

#6 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 2,676 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 11:15 AM

Thanks guys
I'll look at these and look around a bit more

#7 luckydawg13

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

I have one use it a lot for hiking found on Ebay used but as new I got it for $50. Shipped

Kid's that Hunt and Fish don't Mug old Ladies 

#8 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 20,574 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

I've been using a 5.11 Rush Moab 10.  It's a sling pack that can be slung over a shoulder or be worn on the back, in which case it can rotate to the front for access to most of the pockets, including the stealth carry pocket that accommodates a velcro holster.  It might be bigger than you had in mind but it's worth a look.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—...
Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   (2 Corinthians 4 NIV)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#9 Gator4838

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

Check newegg.com they have a nice maxpedition selection at good prices.I saw almost the exact khaki versipack for $69.59 with free shipping.

#10 GT1

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

I pulled my jumbo versapack out of the closet the other day to see that it has broken the big overlay buckle. It wasn't under a lot of tension, although it was given a tug on that strap as I usually do when I close it up. I would not have thought it would be the failure point. 

I have not contacted maxpedition to see what they have to say yet.

gun totin' liberal
All fundamental liberties are interrelated. When you weaken one, you weaken them all, even if it is not immediately apparent to the short-sighted and fearful.

#11 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 2,676 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM

I wanted to come back in and say THANKS to all who replied and the ideas therein.

I found a really good bag at a local LGS and it's RUGER branded but make by Bob Allen.

Exactly what i think I was wanting, and used it today for the first time.

EDIT: so I didnt get it from Amazon, but this is the bag.
I didn't have the time to grab a pic from the Ruger site.
But yes made for Ruger by Bob Allen as stated before, seems like nice quality!

https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B00I81LAT8

Edited by Bubbacs, 24 May 2019 - 05:21 PM.

#12 bmyers

• 4,079 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:31 AM

Nice to find what you were looking for. 

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA

ISRA Member

#13 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• 4,975 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

Where's the picture?
Have all boated who fish?

#14 SDF678

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:53 PM

Do you guys use a bag like this when you cannot conceal carry and resort to FOID carry?

Currently I use a fanny pack for this but the sling bags look much better. Looks like a good place to hang a HAM radio, carry a pen and paper, a small first aid kit, snacks etc.

#15 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 2,676 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

I wanted to come back in and say THANKS to all who replied and the ideas therein.
I found a really good bag at a local LGS and it's RUGER branded but make by Bob Allen.
Exactly what i think I was wanting, and used it today for the first time.
EDIT: so I didnt get it from Amazon, but this is the bag.
I didn't have the time to grab a pic from the Ruger site.
But yes made for Ruger by Bob Allen as stated before, seems like nice quality!
https://www.amazon.c...h/dp/B00I81LAT8

Why not I need the post counts. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users