Photo

Meyers vs Schmitz

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#121 bmyers

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

If they wait long enough, you will eventually die, then they don't have to deal with it.

#122 EnCrypt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:13 AM

If they wait long enough, you will eventually die, then they don't have to deal with it.

lol dang dude, little morbid.

FOLLOW ME!

#123 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

Lucky for me I got time on my side, just turned 30 a week ago.  They'll have to wait a while to stop dealing with me

:drool:

#124 chislinger

• Members
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

Lucky for me I got time on my side, just turned 30 a week ago.  They'll have to wait a while to stop dealing with me
:drool:

If Lisa Madigan sends you a box of chocolate DO NOT EAT IT!!!!!!!!
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#125 lawman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Then a motion to dismiss for lack of standing will be forthcoming along with a victory dance.

#126 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:51 AM

We have some motions we'll be filing on this matter in the coming weeks to help speed the process along :)

#127 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:20 AM

Just to keep everyone in the loop, June 8 we mailed them a courtesy letter asking to please follow the court order that THEY requested.

As of now, no response to 3 emails nor the mailed letter...

#128 kwc

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

Just to keep everyone in the loop, June 8 we mailed them a courtesy letter asking to please follow the court order that THEY requested.

As of now, no response to 3 emails nor the mailed letter...

At this point, if they all of a sudden became responsive, I'd get suspicious...

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#129 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

kwc - me to

My thing is, they petition the court for remand for a hearing, get the court ordered remand, and now are failing to act on a court order.

Im sure theres a law or 2 about acting on court orders... oh ya, its called contempt and sanctions

#130 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:28 PM

A Petition for Rule to Show Cause has been filed and a Order signed for failure to act on a Court Order for REMAND from March 2016.  Hearing date is scheduled for July 26.  

We shall see their reason for not honoring the court order they asked for, nor communicating with us about it.

#131 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

The Schmitz family had a tragedy recently. I hope they don't use that as an excuse to drag this on. Please just be righteous and do the right thing everyone. We are all real people with real issues, and not just pawns to play with.
Have all boated who fish?

#132 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:35 PM

Mr. Fife,

While Leo P Schmitz is named in the suit, he has yet to show up in court, nor is he the one responsible for providing the hearing.  For record, they've had the Court Order for REMAND since March 24, 2016 with proposed hearing dates being sent  at least 5 times with only 1 of those times being responded to that the AG would "get back to us"

#133 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

I wasn't implying any unrighteousness at you jmeyers. I want you to have your day in court, and win.

#134 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

Ah, I honestly can't wait to see what their excuse for ignoring court order and attempt after attempt at getting it scheduled is.

#135 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

Petition for Rule to Show cause :)

Attached Files

#136 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Our friends won't set a Administrative Hearing thats been court ordered but they have filed a Motion to Vacate the Order to Show Cause (invite to a hearing on contempt)

We'll see how this holds up tomorrow at 10am

Attached Files

#137 Burger

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

We'll see how this holds up tomorrow at 10am

It is after 10am. Any update?

#138 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

The Motion of Contempt was vacated unfortunately.  The judge has said he has the power to Order a REMAND but not to ORDER a REMAND by a certain date.  The state says due to budget constraints they have not had a ALJ but as of the July 22 do have a ALJ And Im near the top for a hearing

#139 kwc

• 3,343 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

:(
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galations 6:9 (NIV)

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein (paraphrased)

#140 GTX63

• Members
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:47 AM

I can draw a line in the sand but I can't do anything if you cross it. OMG.

Would it make any difference if you told the IRS and the court you haven't responded to their summons and court dates because you were a little tight on money?

The "rigged system"  mantra Trump keeps harping is not going to go away. It's ugly, frightening, intimidating and it's been here for a long time; now we are looking at it in the eye.

#141 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:57 AM

Coincidently I was told but the Judge that I need to stop traveling, save my money, Im not required to be at the hearings

With that said, I am stepping up my game and WILL BE present at every filing whether its a court appearance or a hearing from this point forward

There is a Rule to Show cause for the contempt set for Sept 21 if they haven't gotten a ALJ hearing scheduled.

#142 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

This is moving forward.  Notice of Hearing has been filed before the court as well as served on myself that I have a hearing regarding the appeal on September 7, 2016 in front of the ALJ under the procedures/guideane of the Administrative Procedure Act (5ILCS 100/10 et.seq), The FCCA Procedures (20 Ill. Adm. Code 1210.10) and the IL FCCA (430 ILSC 66/1)

#143 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

are administrative hearings open to the public?
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#144 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:09 PM

Based on the location, it is my impression that its not but I'm trying to find out

#145 kwc

• 3,343 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:14 AM

Best wishes tomorrow in the hearing!

#146 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:24 AM

Preparations today, hearing tomorrow.  Do i expect anything? Not at all, but it will be a interesting day to hopefully get a glimpse into the process for other users since I am the first to obtain a ALJ hearing.

#147 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

Preparations are done. I am proud to be the first person to go before the Administrative Law judge to contest the actions of the Illinois State Police. Hearing starts in about 20 minutes and is expected to be 1-2 hours. Will post my experience of this journey once we are done.

See y'all on the other side!

#148 EnCrypt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

Preparations are done. I am proud to be the first person to go before the Administrative Law judge to contest the actions of the Illinois State Police. Hearing starts in about 20 minutes and is expected to be 1-2 hours. Will post my experience of this journey once we are done.

See y'all on the other side!

good luck! can't wait to hear the details.

FOLLOW ME!

#149 jmeyers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:10 PM

So the cliff notes:

Hearing was approximately an hour and 30 minutes and we were in a conference room.  

Present were myself, my attorney, an attorney for ISP (not AG) and the Administrative Law Judge

It was conducted mostly like a trial, swearing of witness, Direct and Cross Examination.  ALJ asked some questions for clarification to myself as well as the attorneys.

Biggest thing I learned was the state is really reaching.  They attempted to not get "substantially similar" admitted citing it has nothing to do.  Also admitted that My Cancellation was really a revocation and they through the AG under the bus saying the term cancellation in circuit court was not meant to be said, and it should have been stated as revocation.

Once a transcript is available, it will be posted.  We now wait for the ALJ decision/recommendation.

#150 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Why does this not surprise me that they came up with a story for the court previously, and now they have a whole new set of contradictory claims before the ALJ.

Biggest thing I learned was the state is really reaching. They attempted to not get "substantially similar" admitted citing it has nothing to do.

So what was their rationale then for revoking the license, or any of their treatment of non-residents based on?!?

Edited by Gamma, 07 September 2016 - 09:45 PM.

Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users