Likelihood HB5565 Will Pass

Thanks2mcdonald

I am curious about the likelihood that HB5565 will pass this year (see below for a synopsis). I live in Chicago and I am getting frustrated with the local gun permit registration requirements. I have the permit and have used the registration process but it is even more frustrating – slow, time consuming, one registration per 30 days, etc. The more I read about the topic, the more I don’t like the whole idea.

At first I was glad simply to finally be able to own a handgun in Chicago. It is quickly spreading to a desire to leave the city due to it crazy and unsuccessful gun control efforts.

Thanks

HB5565 - Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Strikes a clause preventing provisions of ordinances from being invalid when they impose greater restrictions or limitations on the acquisition, possession and transfer of firearms than are imposed by this Act. Provides that regulation of the ownership and possession of firearms and related items are the exclusive powers of the State. Provides that a local government may not require registration, reporting of the sale or transfer of a firearm, or may not keep a firearms registry. Provides that any existing or future local ordinances or resolutions imposing any registration requirement on firearms and related items are invalid or void. Effective immediately. (www.ilga.gov)

The Chicago machine is as addicted to power as it is to money.

If we had a non machine controlled governor, I'd say the odds are better than 50/50.

The machine will not allow this to pass. They want as much control over everyone's lives as they can get.

Their moronic approach to guns are a direct cause of the bloodbath that occurs in Chicago every weekend, yet the

best that they can do is to issue press releases and give lip service to the people.

It never occurs to them that if they simply let people protect themselves protect themselves most crime would

go away.

The only place you find courageous crooks is in the movies. They won't risk running afoul of an armed citizen.

Archived