Sanctuary Cities Sue DoD - NICS Reporting

Teufel Hunden

So I'm reading through the headlines this afternoon and stumble across this:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/366496-cities-sue-after-pentagon-failed-to-report-crimes-to-fbi-gun-check-system

So these cities (story cites San Francisco, New York and Philadelphia), that refuse to report immigration issues to the federal government are suing the federal government because the Department of Defense didn't report violations to the NICS background check system. Yeah, yeah, two wrongs don't make a right and all... but are you kidding me? One of these city's status as a sanctuary city lead to the very publicized homicide of one of its residents by a multi-time deported illegal immigrant. I struggle to believe the story because it seems so outlandish. Using the cities' own logic, they would then support the federal government suing them over the enforcement of immigration laws, right? Oh, that right, those cities already sued the federal government over the threat that federal funds might be withheld because of their status as sanctuary cities. Unbelievable.

Yes, so the U.S. Senators representing those Sanctuary Cities/States need to co-sponsor HR38, "Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017." HR4477, "FixNICS" was absorbed into HR38 as an Amendment before passing U.S. House.

FixNCS might have kept the "bad guy" from buying firearms. It also addresses that "bad guy" in South Carolina buying a firearm after "3 day wait" expired who slaughtered people in that church. HR38 is endorsed by the NRA per video link below,

https://www.nratv.com/series/wayne-lapierre/episode/wayne-lapierre-season-1-episode-1-how-to-stop-violent-crime

Yes, so the U.S. Senators representing those Sanctuary Cities/States need to co-sponsor HR38, "Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017." HR4477, "FixNICS" was absorbed into HR38 as an Amendment before passing U.S. House.

FixNCS might have kept the "bad guy" from buying firearms. It also addresses that "bad guy" in South Carolina buying a firearm after "3 day wait" expired who slaughtered people in that church. HR38 is endorsed by the NRA per video link below,

https://www.nratv.com/series/wayne-lapierre/episode/wayne-lapierre-season-1-episode-1-how-to-stop-violent-crime

Oh please... If someone wants a firearm bad enough they will get one.

If you are determined enough you will manufacture one and then NICS is 100% useless.

Oh please... If someone wants a firearm bad enough they will get one.

If you are determined enough you will manufacture one and then NICS is 100% useless.

Yeah, my post was somewhat "tongue in cheek." Even though the facts are accurate, those Sanctuary Cities/States Senators are too hypocritical to even vote for HR38, much less co-sponsor it. Hope their left wing supporters are rough on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Will be dismissed for lack of standing. Article III standing requires an injury in fact, not conjecture, a hypothetical. There must be some legal nexus between Texas and San Francisco, Chicago, and/or New York...there isn't. Finally, the injury must be likely rather than "Maybe sometime eventually maybe not who knows." Like I said, dismissed.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived