Get a Permit from another state threads

Chris

Man AZ DPS is backed up like a public toilet. When I got my permit, I mailed it in on the first of the month,they batch process so they didn't even send it I'm until the 15th, it was issued on the 17th, and I got it in the mail on the 19th I believe. The again this was last yr. UT only took 50 days or so to send my "preliminary" permit pending the print check. Now...ugh. And I thought about doing NRA Basic Pistol to get a FL permit but opted against it because of the IL crap being up in the air and now I guess Phelps says that his "new" bill will require 15-18 hrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mailed my app and money order to AZ on 3/19/13.

Called and spoke to a very pleasant woman on 5/13 to inquire about the process.

She said they were just opening the mail that they received on 3/23, so they should be opening my application within three days or so and asked that I call back on the 28th to check on the status.

Is that a typo? 53 days to open the mail?

Man AZ DPS is backed up like a public toilet. When I got my permit, I mailed it in on the first of the month,they batch process so they didn't even send it I'm until the 15th, it was issued on the 17th, and I got it in the mail on the 19th I believe. The again this was last yr. UT only took 50 days or so to send my "preliminary" permit pending the print check. Now...ugh. And I thought about doing NRA Basic Pistol to get a FL permit but opted against it because of the IL crap being up in the air and now I guess Phelps says that his "new" bill will require 15-18 hrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lets say you recently took the NRA basic pistol.... would you be able to take another class to suffice for the extra hours or will you probably have to do it all in one sitting?

I finally got my Utah permit today. Next will be my Florida or Arizona probably.

When did you send it in. My class was 3-9 and my check cashed 3-17 and still no joy.

I should have gotten mine last Monday. Today is actually 67 days from the day my cc was charged but they screwedup something with the picture so it never got sent out till I called. I believe mine was right around 3/16 also but not sure. Call the number on the bci site and they will let you know.

I finally got my Utah permit today. Next will be my Florida or Arizona probably.

When did you send it in. My class was 3-9 and my check cashed 3-17 and still no joy.

I should have gotten mine last Monday. Today is actually 67 days from the day my cc was charged but they screwedup something with the picture so it never got sent out till I called. I believe mine was right around 3/16 also but not sure. Call the number on the bci site and they will let you know.

Will do. Edit - class was 3-10 and check cashed 4-9, i may still have a little wait...

Sent out my AZ permit application and will be sending out my FL one probably next week sometime. Now the waiting part...

Aren't AZ and FL pretty much the same as far as reciprocity?

I thought the better combo would be UT plus AZ or FL, but not AZ and FL together.

If you travel to Florida, get the florida, if not then get the Arizona.

Sent out my AZ permit application and will be sending out my FL one probably next week sometime. Now the waiting part...

Aren't AZ and FL pretty much the same as far as reciprocity?

I thought the better combo would be UT plus AZ or FL, but not AZ and FL together.

If you travel to Florida, get the florida, if not then get the Arizona.

I didn't think about that. Now that I look FL doesn't recognize AZ, but AZ does recognize FL (along with a couple other states that recognize one but not the other). I am more likely to go to FL than AZ, but applied for AZ.

Ah well. Depending on what happens here I may have to apply for FL when some money frees up.

the wife and I sent off for our Florida permit on 3/15/13 When I called the automated line tonight . they said the information was not available

I will call in the Morning

Same thing happened to me and the wife

I called Weds and it said they were still processing them . Today my wife got hers . I am still processing . when sent them off the same day 3/15/13

I called AZ again yesterday afternoon and was told I have been processed and cleared 8 out of 9 of the checks.

She said there is probably someone in the system with the same first name, middle initial and a really similar last name so it is taking longer to finish step 9.

Should be soon I guess, no real hurry anymore. My main reason was the grace period we had originally hoped to have which no longer exists.

I called AZ again yesterday afternoon and was told I have been processed and cleared 8 out of 9 of the checks.

She said there is probably someone in the system with the same first name, middle initial and a really similar last name so it is taking longer to finish step 9.

Should be soon I guess, no real hurry anymore. My main reason was the grace period we had originally hoped to have which no longer exists.

Yeah man my main worry with Utah was that we would pass a real bill and they would nullify our exemption... PFFT Pipe dream.

Archived