M&P Pistol Users Weigh In

tkroenlein

Just got a email from rural king. Today and tomorrow the 2.0 compact is $419 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did it say if they have them in stock?

As of now, web site still indicates in stock (9mm)https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson-m-p-m2-0-compact-9mm-15rd-4-pistol-11683.html

hmmm...PLEASE NOTE: This gun requires an extended processing time of 7-10 days.

Maybe warehouse distribution after purchase?

I have an M&P 9 with the three original mags and about 10 extra mags (can't think of brand right off hand) that I considering selling. It comes with the original box, three backstops, no mag safety, night sights, and I had the original trigger replaced with the DEACK, or however it is spelled, by a local gunsmith. I have shot around 500 rounds through it with absolutely no issues. I also have at least one holster that would go with the sale. I would like to get $400 for everything. I am in the Sandwich/Sheridan area but can do some traveling. Let me know if your interested. daved350@yahoo.com

Just got a email from rural king. Today and tomorrow the 2.0 compact is $419 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As of now, web site still indicates in stock (9mm)https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson-m-p-m2-0-compact-9mm-15rd-4-pistol-11683.html

Is there a coupon code needed? The link shows it at $479.99.

Is there a coupon code needed? The link shows it at $479.99.

Yeah i just saw that as I was about to go purchase one. The email said $419 yesterday and today. But when I click in the email I got the link it went to 479 but yesterday it was at the lower price.

I passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Try this link.

Only thing is with tax and you have to have a FFL do the transfer not rural king I’d be looking at about $485 with a $25/ transfer fee tax and $10 shipping. I’m not sure how it works if they ship to rural king store but you have to use your own FFL. I’m confused.

https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson-m-p-m2-0-compact-9mm-15rd-4-pistol-11683.html

I’d go to sportsman outdoor saw it for 439 plus free shipping and my $25 transfer it would be cheaper and well the state won’t get the tax $ then. That’s kinda messed up that they won’t do the transfer at the actual rural king. I’m disappointed for sure Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's back to $419. I called the Mattoon store and inquired as to the price difference. They said they'd check and now it's back to the sale price.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the 2.0 compact. It’s a good shooter. I don’t care for the trigger as it’s a funny hinge compared to my xd or glocks. I tend to get more than the usual amount of finger on the trigger because of how curved it is. But I still shot it well and am impressed with the gun out of the box.

Does anyone know if you can put a 2.0 trigger system in an original frame? The main issue I have with the original is the reset.

I don't know about 2.0 > 1.0 trigger compatibility,but the Apex trigger mod fixes the reset issue. If you're going that route consider a sight upgrade at the same time because the rear sight comes off anyway to do the job.

• 3 weeks later...

I never liked the way Glocks felt and fit in my hand. For me the M&P platform is a great fit and easy, natural pointer for me. Great ergonomics. It just feels right.

I currently have an M&P v1.0 Shield 9 (carry gun in profile pic), M&P 9C v1.0, and an M&P40 v1.0 Full Size. I'll probably get an Apex 9mm conversion barrel so I can then also shoot 9mm out of the M&P40 full size. I just need to find a competent gunsmith that I can trust in Chicago or the surrounding area. Any recommendations? Lol.

One thing I don't like about Glock Gen 5 is the huge cutout in the magwell. What's the point of a flared magwell if there's going to be a huge cutout that your mag gets snagged up in on reload? It's worse than previous gens and they never should have done that in my opinion. I also never liked that Glocks come with plastic sights.

Rent some M&Ps at your local range and see how you like them. And if you do decide to buy one, get the newer 2.0 versions. The 1.0 versions are great, and if you already had 1.0 M&P's then I'd say that upgrading to the 2.0 is not super necessary unless you really want the latest and greatest. But since you don't have any M&Ps, get the 2.0 and you'll have a great gun out of the box, which is what you want since you like to keep them stock. Good luck.

Also I use this website to do a price search on items before I buy. Just enter the manufacturer number. Here is a list of S&W sku # 11683, which is the manufacturer number for the new M&P9 2.0 Compact without thumb safety:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/11683?mobile=true

As of writing this post it's $419 on GrabAGun with $7.99 flat rate shipping.

https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-mp9-m2-0-cmpct-9mm-15-1-4-fs.html

Archived