Photo

Crime on CTA/Mass Transit ... Reports and Data

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#331 MrTriple

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

The city has become absolutely unlivable.
"The point of [so-called "assault weapon" bans]...is not to ban firearms that are dangerous, it's to ban firearms that gun owners want to own because the people making the laws don't like gun owners. If we want to buy non-semiauto AR-style rifles, they'll ban those too, and for the same reason."

-Hapless

#332 yyyz

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

A large hunting knife... surely it was under the 2.5 inches to make it legal in Chicago - he wouldn't want to break Chicago laws.   

Gfw

The Constitution is the Constitution. Our rights are not granted through it, they are protected by it.

#333 yyyz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

We are thinking about the Charleston South Carolina... a $550k house for a SC resident runs about $2,100/year in property tax. And the income tax isn't that much higher than Illinois. 

Gfw

The Constitution is the Constitution. Our rights are not granted through it, they are protected by it.

#334 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Cops Investigating Second Report Of Person Shot By Pellet Gun At CTA Station

For the second time in less than 24-hours, Chicago police are investigating a report of a person shot by a pellet gun at a CTA train station.

An Uptown man called police around 2:45 p.m. on New Year’s Eve to report that he had been shot by a BB gun while at a train station. Chicago police tonight declined to offer further details about where the incident took place. The victim declined EMS treatment.

On Saturday, a 21-year-old man shot in the face with a pellet gun as he stood on the Grand Red Line station platform around 8:40 p.m.

That man was treated for his injuries at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, police said. A source reported that a pellet had become lodged in the man’s face.

One witness reported that he believes that Saturday's shooter was either inside the conductor cabin or standing between cars of a southbound train when the man was shot.

No one is in custody for either incident.

Early on November 27, a man reported being shot in the neck and stomach by a pellet gun as he stood outside of a Boystown bar at Halsted and Cornelia. The man, who refused medical treatment and did not file a police report, said the offender shot at him from a black car that was moving eastbound on Cornelia.

http://www.cwbchicag...-report-of.html
Have all boated who fish?

#335 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Shot fired at Blue Line train in Logan Square, no one injured

No one was injured when someone shot at a CTA Blue Line train early New Year’s Day in the Logan Square neighborhood on the Northwest Side.

A single bullet was fired through the train’s window about 2 a.m. in the 1900 block of North Western, according to Chicago Police.

No one was injured, but the train had to be evacuated, police said.

No one was in custody Monday morning as Area North detectives investigated.

https://chicago.sunt...no-one-injured/

#336 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:21 AM

Not sure if this was posted yet...

http://www.chicagotr...0104-story.html

A woman stopped a teen who stole money from her purse on a Red Line train Wednesday night and held him for police at the Harrison station

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#337 cola490

• 1,026 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

A woman stopped a teen who stole money from her purse on a Red Line train Wednesday night and held him for police at the Harrison station

Detained him, how?
NRA LIFE MEMBER

#338 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:16 AM

Detained him, how?

You know what I know, but it's fun to guess so I'm going to say she tackled him and sat on his chest til police arrived. 

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#339 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,416 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

She seduced him...

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#340 jeterlancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Some people living here have their head up their butt so far they can't see the truth.

I was complaining about the crime at work and some of my pro-Chicago coworkers were saying that it only happens in certain neighborhoods. Well, not anymore. The gang bangers have cars and have the ability to travel outside of their crime ridden neighborhoods.

They argued that the suburbs also have crime. Yes, it's true, but I don't think people in the suburbs have to worry about armed robberies, carjackings, and other violent crime as much as people living in the city. 

#341 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,416 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

The crime is no longer contained to the "certain" neighborhoods.  The street thugs are traveling out to more target rich environments.  I do think that people in the suburbs have to worry about car jacking, armed robbery and rape, but that is because the perpetrators are traveling from the traditional high-crime neighborhoods to prey upon sunurbanites.

People in North East Illinois are really screwed.  Chicago is something like a $500 billion economy, but Rahm Emanuel won't invest in law enforcement and bordering communities have limited resources to deal with the crime.  The bordering towns don't have the money to hire hundreds of cops, if they start to raise taxes in order to pay for more police, the residents just leave and move further west or leave Illinois altogether.  The justice system is totally dysfunctional, turning dangerous felons back out on the street after short stays in jail.

The whole region is copying what happened in Detroit.  We're following in Detroit's footsteps, the same exact things are happening here that happened in the Detroit area 20 years ago.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

#342 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:08 PM

Well they said if we got concealed carry it would become the Wild West.

#343 InterestedBystander

• 3,405 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Well they said if we got concealed carry it would become the Wild West.

Is that bad?

7cb16f7151791e0b0aab623fc974a48c.jpg

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member

#344 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

As long as I don't have to drink sarsaparilla, then no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users