Senator Tom Rooney Helping Educate Legislators on Stricter Gun Laws

mauserme

Senator Rooney was the lone affirmative Republican vote on SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing. It was he that sent the bill to the House.

http://punjabnewsexpress.com/diaspora/news/sikh-religious-society-partners-with-north-west-suburbs-organizing-for-action-nwsofa-to-remember-sandy-hook-school-sho-70450.aspx

Sikh Religious Society Partners with North West Suburbs Organizing For Action (NWSOFA) to remember Sandy Hook School Shooting Victims

December 17, 2017 07:36 AM

Punjab News Express/Rajinder Singh Mago

PALATINE, USA: In remembrance of ... Sandy Hook ... the Sikh Religious Society in Palatine, Illinois, (a suburb of Chicago) in partnership with a local community organization "North West Suburbs Organizing For Action" (NWSOFA)* organized an interfaith prayer service and candlelight vigil.

The event was a part of nationwide Vigils and Events to #EndGunViolence. ...

Mrs. Surinder Kaur Singh of Sikh religious Society opened the program and welcomed the guests. Laddi Singh recognized elected officials including IL State Senator Tom Rooney, ...

Patrick Watson read a pledge and call to action to educate legislators to work on stricter gun laws ...

emphasis added

*NWSOFA Mission Statement

Because of Newtown, the NWSOFA GVP Issues Group has committed itself to become a bold advocate of change and action. We are determined to change the conversation surrounding gun violence in America, change the hearts of people we encounter through a spirit of volunteerism and kindness and take action to change the laws to create safer communities for every family in America.

The GVP Issues Group educates by having periodic informational meetings, collaborates with coalition non-partisan groups, such as local churches and Moms Demand Action and takes action by recruiting legislators to build support for legislation to strengthen background checks and by raising community awareness through hosting Day of Action events, such as vigils, using social media, writing letters to the editor and handing out fliers.

My dad’s family is Sikh. And yes they are always supposed to be armed in some way. My dad tells me stories about how he, his brothers, his father, uncles and cousins were always walking around with a rifle of some sort while he was growing up. And they weren’t just out hunting.

I was at the temple in Palatine last year after my cousin died and was disheartened to see the “No Guns” signs posted at every entrance. Had to walk back to the car and disarm. SMH.

Painting with a broad brush, most Indians, both Hindu and Sikh, that I know vote democrat and are anti 2A; and the same holds true for most Jewish people that I know as well. There are obviously exceptions, but I believe it holds true for the majority of both groups.

Hitler disarmed the Jews and look what happened; Sikhs are still a persecuted minority in India,

And I will never understand why anybody in either group could be anti 2A.

I thought Rooney might have just made a rookie mistake, supporting Harmon's gun dealer licensing bill, but no...

Roooney is an anti-Second Amendment RINO

He explained at the time that his constituents would appreciate his conservative vote on abortion funding.

What he didn't explain is that his vote on that bill would be meaningless against the majority supporting it - nothing more than the symbolic throwing them a bone to keep up the charade.

NO darn primary opponent??? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That HAS to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was / is the filing window / deadline????

Since the seat is now anti-gun - let's make it honest and fill it with a democrat out of spite.

And if the republicans don't like it - maybe they should be more careful.

The implications are profound, Harmon can get more of his fecal matter anti-gun bills out of the Senate. This is a sad sad day.

I wonder if "the third rail of politics" can somehow be used to inspire Rooney to a major attitude shift.

Rooney is my senator (and former mayor of my town). I had no idea he was an anti-gun nut.

I was going to say we should show up to the NWSOFA monthly meeting...but I looked at the site and it hasn't been updated since 2014. My guess is they're not meeting. Maybe I'll check it out. They are still retweeting Obama, Eric Holder, and various other left-wing fringe kook organizations.

Rooney is my senator (and former mayor of my town). I had no idea he was an anti-gun nut.

I was going to say we should show up to the NWSOFA monthly meeting...but I looked at the site and it hasn't been updated since 2014. My guess is they're not meeting. Maybe I'll check it out. They are still retweeting Obama, Eric Holder, and various other left-wing fringe kook organizations.

They meet, in secret.

They meet, in secret.

They're meeting. The venue is a tiny storefront where the Democratic Party organization has their HQ. The venue probably can't hold more than 30 people. After the first of the year, I'm going to go check it out. I'll just listen at first and play along. Then I'll ask some uncomfortable questions.

Archived