connecticut to give one more chance

Mac

Read the JI online for a day for $1.00 or 30 days for $22.10

If you grabbers think I'm going to finance your efforts to disarm the law abiding citizens you can Foxtrot Oscar.

More evidence of the rise to power of people that majored in Political Science and Community Organizing but failed History, specifically the orders given to Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith one April day back in 1775.

One almost has to wonder if the date of compliance will be the 3rd Saturday in April?

Um, what exactly are they planning to confiscate? The unregistered magazines?

Magazines and registrable rifles from people whose registration forms arrived late and are therefore not valid.

BTW - I cannot find the article from the OP link, nor can I find the story on any web sites other than gun related sights. I'm wondering if the original story was retracted due to inaccuracies???

If someone finds the original story, please snip and post.

Thanks!

Found a draft of the authorization to begin seizures...

Attorney General George Jepsen

Hartford, Connecticut

April 18, 2014

Dora B. Schriro, Commissioner, State Police,

Madam,

Having received intelligence, that a quantity of magazines and weapons meeting the definition of Assault Weapons, have been collected throughout the state, for the Avowed Purpose of raising and supporting an open disobedience of the laws of the State, you will Proceed with all available Troopers put under your Command, with the utmost expedition and Secrecy to any residence where these items may be kept, where you will seize and distroy all Assault Weapons and Magazines whatever. But you will take care that the Troopers do not plunder the Inhabitants, or hurt private property.

You have a Draught of sales recipets, on which is marked the Houses, Barns, &c, which contain the above Stores. You will order a shoulder thingy that goes up to be knocked off each Gun, but if its found impracticable on any, they must be spiked, and the pistol grips destroyed. The collapsible stocks must be shook out into the River, the flash hiders burnt, bayonet lugs destroyed in the best way you can devise. And the Men may put magazines in their pockets, throwing them by degrees into Ponds, Ditches &c., but no Quantity together, so that they may be recovered afterwards. If you meet any Threaded barrels, you will order their muzzles to be beat in so as to render them useless.

You will observe by the Draught that it will be necessary to secure any bridges as soon as possible, you will therefore Order a party of the best traffic control Troopers, to go on with expedition for the purpose.

A small party of Motorcycle Officers is ordered out to stop all advice of your March getting to these places before you, and a small number of SWAT teams go out in MRAPS to wait for you on the road, with Sledge Hammers, Spikes, &c.

You will open your business and return with the Troopers, as soon as possible, with I must leave to your own Judgment and Discretion.

I am, Madam

Your most obedient humble servant

George Jepsen

Um, what exactly are they planning to confiscate? The unregistered magazines?

People that registered AFTER the allotted date are the ones facing confiscation.

Isn't that what California did with their 'one time registry'? "Everyone has to register now!". Then a couple months after the deadline, they opened up an amnesty period and to let anyone who moved into the state a chance to register their stuff, "for safety", then confiscated everything.

ETA Remember, history has shown us that registration leads to confiscation. Not always right away, but it does in the end. "Mister good guy congressman wouldn't do that to us!" Maybe not, but what about his successor? You want to trust your kids or grandkids liberty to someone you don't know?

Found a draft of the authorization to begin seizures...

Attorney General George Jepsen

Hartford, Connecticut

April 18, 2014

Dora B. Schriro, Commissioner, State Police,

Madam,

Having received intelligence, that a quantity of magazines and weapons meeting the definition of Assault Weapons, have been collected throughout the state, for the Avowed Purpose of raising and supporting an open disobedience of the laws of the State, you will Proceed with all available Troopers put under your Command, with the utmost expedition and Secrecy to any residence where these items may be kept, where you will seize and distroy all Assault Weapons and Magazines whatever. But you will take care that the Troopers do not plunder the Inhabitants, or hurt private property.

You have a Draught of sales recipets, on which is marked the Houses, Barns, &c, which contain the above Stores. You will order a shoulder thingy that goes up to be knocked off each Gun, but if its found impracticable on any, they must be spiked, and the pistol grips destroyed. The collapsible stocks must be shook out into the River, the flash hiders burnt, bayonet lugs destroyed in the best way you can devise. And the Men may put magazines in their pockets, throwing them by degrees into Ponds, Ditches &c., but no Quantity together, so that they may be recovered afterwards. If you meet any Threaded barrels, you will order their muzzles to be beat in so as to render them useless.

You will observe by the Draught that it will be necessary to secure any bridges as soon as possible, you will therefore Order a party of the best traffic control Troopers, to go on with expedition for the purpose.

A small party of Motorcycle Officers is ordered out to stop all advice of your March getting to these places before you, and a small number of SWAT teams go out in MRAPS to wait for you on the road, with Sledge Hammers, Spikes, &c.

You will open your business and return with the Troopers, as soon as possible, with I must leave to your own Judgment and Discretion.

I am, Madam

Your most obedient humble servant

George Jepsen

Bet those Troopers are really thrilled. (purple)

"I received an inordinate amount of emails today from LEO’s in Connecticut. I think when push comes to shove the pansies that enacted such unconstitutional firearms laws will be very surprised at how many LEO’s abide by their oaths and outright refuse to enforce such un-American 1930’s Nazi Germany style laws. I have attached an updated CT state flag for all to enjoy."

^ that letter is obviously satire.

That letter's original date of issue was April 18th,1775, and was sent from General Thomas Gage, commander-in-chief of the British forces in North America and military Royal governor of Massachusetts to Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith, Commander of the 10th Infantry Regiment ('foot) authorizing him to "March with a Corps of Grenadiers and Light Infantry, put under your Command, with the utmost expedition and Secrecy to Concord, where you will seize and distroy all Artillery, Ammunition, Provisions, Tents, Small Arms, and all Military Stores whatever".

The result being the battles of Lexington and Concord on April 19th.

I guess my attempts to include historical references went unrecognized. Glad the satirical aspect was.

Source Document Link

I see storage facilities just outside of CT doing a booming business.

Perhaps that is you , a few , maybe many . I say if you store/ hide them that in my opinion is cowardice . There are things worse than death . I hope all heck breaks out if confiscation is attempted

Archived