Response from Senator Mike Jacobs

oldude

I just received this today. Has anyone else heard from their reps?

Dear Friends,

I'm writing to thank you for being one of more than 3,000 people to sign our petition at www.OpposeChicagoGunLaws.com in just three short days. Thousands of people from every corner of Illinois have joined together to speak out against legislation to force law-abiding gun owners to register their handguns with the government for a fee (HB 5831), as well as tax ammunition (HB 5167). These measures, backed by Chicago's Mayor Rahm Emanuel, recently passed out of a House committee and could soon come up for a full vote on the House floor.

In addition to signing the petition, many of you visited Springfield to lobby me and other legislators as part of the Illinois State Rifle Association's Illinois Gun Owners' Legislative Lobby Day (IGOLD). My colleague, State Senator John Sullivan, Chairman of the Senate Democrats' Downstate Caucus, spoke at the rally before hundreds of ISRA members flooded the Capitol. Click here to watch a video.

While we are certainly off to an impressive start, I know there are still thousands more who agree with us that these laws are massive infringements on our Constitutionally protected 2nd Amendment rights. It is my hope that, by spreading the words to our friends and family, we can grow our numbers even further.

An important legislative deadline is fast approaching. March 30th is the deadline to pass bills out of the House and Senate. We need to make sure these Chicago anti-gun laws are NOT passed.

For that reason, my colleagues and I are setting our own deadline for this petition. With your help, I know we can collect at least 10,000 signatures by March 23rd. That allows us to present these signatures to legislative leaders in time to block these bills from passing.

Will you help us reach our goal of 10,000 signatures by March 23rd? Consider forwarding this email to your contacts, and be sure to mention the website www.OpposeChicagoGunLaws.com to all your friends and family.

I want you to know-your voice will be heard. Should these two pieces of legislation come for a vote on the Senate floor, you can count on me to vote no. Not only that, but you can be sure I will do everything within my power to urge my colleagues to do so as well.

Thank you for your work on these issues, and know that I'll keep you apprised of events as they develop here in Springfield.

Sincerely,

Senator Mike Jacobs

36th District – Illinois

606 19th Street • Moline, IL 61265

309-797-0001 (Phone) • 309-797-0003 (Fax)

Springfield Office

127 Capitol Building • Springfield, IL 62706

217-782-5957 (Phone)

Unsubscribe

www.SenatorMikeJacobs.com

District Office

Archived