The New Answer to School Shootings - Armed Students with Rocks

.40carry

Today, I saw the results of a simulation of a school shooter with a classroom of 30 students throwing rocks at him as he entered the door. The simulation was run numerous thousand times, on an algorithm that has been used to simulate active shooter incidents by a threat assessment group. Based on the actual physics involved, similar to how mass battle simulations are done on computers, it showed that even as few as six students repeatedly throwing rocks at a shooter, especially a juvenile shooter, would likely at least dissuade the shooter, if not injure or even kill him.

I for one, would not want to try to go though the tactical bottleneck of a classroom door with a barrage of dozens of rocks flying at me, even in ballistic protective gear. Thrown rocks in en masse are harrowing and potentially deadly situation.

I think this should be done in addition to arming teachers, and it would make for an even greater deterrent against school shootings.

Today, I saw the results of a simulation of a school shooter with a classroom of 30 students throwing rocks at him as he entered the door. The simulation was run numerous thousand times, on an algorithm that has been used to simulate active shooter incidents by a threat assessment group. Based on the actual physics involved, similar to how mass battle simulations are done on computers, it showed that even as few as six students repeatedly throwing rocks at a shooter, especially a juvenile shooter, would likely at least dissuade the shooter, if not injure or even kill him.

I for one, would not want to try to go though the tactical bottleneck of a classroom door with a barrage of dozens of rocks flying at me, even in ballistic protective gear. Thrown rocks in en masse are harrowing and potentially deadly situation.

I think this should be done in addition to arming teachers, and it would make for an even greater deterrent against school shootings.

Until the shooter reaches around the door and starts firing rounds into them.

So in conclusion:

1 person throwing single rocks at a time will not stop the threat.

30 students throwing rocks might stop the threat if they hit the target - until they run out of rocks.

Or, ten students throwing three rocks at a time might also be effective.

Therefor, being able to throw multiple rocks quickly is most effective at stopping the threat.

So maybe self-defense tactics could gain approval for responding to a school shooter.

But "no one needs" semi-automatic firearms that are magazine-fed. And there are never multiple attackers. Only one.

The rock simulation has thus far not been tested for effectiveness on bombs.

Archived