Monitoring New Bills - Volunteers Needed

mauserme

Mine included a whole bunch of technical changes by Madigan. I’m sure he’s up to no good, but not impacting the statutes that we generally care about.

3 that touch upon firearms: The [Good/Bad is IMO. Feel free to discuss if you disagree.]

HB1162: VEH CD-ATM VEHICLES/FIREARMS: (Good) Changes the rules for legally carrying a firearm on a off-road vehicle. This law requires compliance with the criminal code as opposed to the Wildlife code. I assume this is to loosen the requirement for what “encased” means when transporting on an off-road vehicle.

HB1163: WILDLIFE-POWDER CARTRIDGES (Good) Allows black powder cartridges during Muzzle loading season.

HB1188: DISABLED OFFICERS-WEAPONS: (Neutral) Specifically authorizes disabled State Police officers to CCW, but states the instances in which such authorization can be revoked.

Here's what I found in the HB 4601 - 4800 block. Let me know if you need me to do anything else or keep an eye on anything.

HB 4619 - Amends the Drug Court Treatment Act, the Veterans and Servicemembers Court Treatment Act, and the Mental Health Court Treatment Act. Rep. Michael G. Connelly

HB 4661 - Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning a legislative declaration. Rep. Kelly M. Cassidy Not sure about this one but I think there will be a lot of ugly amendments to it.

HB 4673 - Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Prohibits FOID revocation for treatment in a mental institution for active law enforcement in last five years. Rep. Dena M. Carli

HB 4679 - Creates the Firearms Dealer Security Act. Creates the Firearms Dealer Security Act. Provides that a federally licensed firearms dealer is required to equip and maintain its premises with an alarm system that includes video surveillance of all doors and windows. Rep. Esther Golar

HB 4702 - Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the unlawful use of weapons. Rep John E. Bradley

HB 4703 - Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the unlawful use of weapons. Rep Jerry F. Costello, II

HB 4704 - Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning notification of dispositions of certain criminal cases. Rep. Brandon W. Phelps

HB 4705 - Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the unlawful use of weapons. Rep. Brandon W. Phelps

It looks like we've covered everything they've filed so far, with a couple reports still to come in.

If your block of bills wasn't full yet make sure to check again over the next few days, and I'll check periodically for higher numbers being filed.

We still might need some volunteers down the road so don't be shy about speaking up now.

I've subscribed to this thread so I can capture the bills and put them on Illinois Gun Bills. If I'm missing anything or anyone feels something needs to be changed let me know. I'm marking most bills as OPPOSE (since I did not read the bills) so just let me know if it needs to change.

The site auto updates every 10 minutes during the week to pull that latest status on the bill.

I've subscribed to this thread so I can capture the bills and put them on Illinois Gun Bills. If I'm missing anything or anyone feels something needs to be changed let me know. I'm marking most bills as OPPOSE (since I did not read the bills) so just let me know if it needs to change.

The site auto updates every 10 minutes during the week to pull that latest status on the bill.

Nice! So I see the "tech" one are also listed as support/oppose. I assume that is being done just based on who filed it? (e.g. If Madigan filed it, we know it will be up to no good.)

Here is what I've found so far on the House side 4801-5000...Nothing on the Senate side yet...

HB 4819 Amends the Wildlife Code. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the short title. (Not sure about this one)

HB 4922 Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning notification of dispositions of certain criminal cases.

HB 4923 Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning a legislative declaration.

HB 4933 Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the reckless discharge of a firearm.

HB 4935 Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the unlawful sale of firearms.

HB 4936 Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Makes a technical change in a Section concerning the unlawful sale of firearms.

SB2026-Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that a person who is not a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm of a size that may be concealed upon the person to another person, who is not a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer, shall do so only at the place of business of a federally licensed firearm dealer. Provides that the federally licensed firearm dealer shall conduct a background check on the prospective recipient of the firearm and follow all other applicable federal, State, and local laws as if he or she were the seller of the firearm. Provides that the purchaser or transferee may be required by the federally licensed firearm dealer to pay a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm, plus other authorized fees. Makes exceptions for (i) the transfer of a firearm between spouses, a parent and child, or other family members, (ii) transfers by persons acting pursuant to operation of law or a court order, or (iii) transfers on the grounds of a gun show. Provides that the Department of State Police shall develop an Internet based system for individuals to request the Department of State Police to conduct an instant criminal background check prior to the sale or transfer of a handgun. Provides that the Department of State Police shall have the system completed and available for use by July 1, 2012.

This is all I found except a bunch of shell bills (app.20-30) by some dems. Will continue to watch. Headed to the house next.

HB4149Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that a person who is not a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm of a size that may be concealed upon the person to another person, who is not a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer, shall do so only at the place of business of a federally licensed firearm dealer. Provides that the federally licensed firearm dealer shall conduct a background check on the prospective recipient of the firearm and follow all other applicable federal, State, and local laws as if he or she were the seller of the firearm. Provides that the purchaser or transferee may be required by the federally licensed firearm dealer to pay a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm, plus other authorized fees. Makes exceptions for (i) the transfer of a firearm between spouses, a parent and child, or other family members, (ii) transfers by persons acting pursuant to operation of law or a court order, or (iii) transfers on the grounds of a gun show.

Sister bill to the one in the senate.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4062&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=63316&SessionID=84&GA=97-Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the State Finance Act and Illinois Vehicle Code to provide for the issuance of Support Illinois Carry license plates. Creates the Support Illinois Carry Fund as a special fund in the State treasury. Provides that the applicant shall pay an additional fee of $40 for original issuance of the plates, of which $25 shall be deposited into the Support Illinois Carry Fund and $15 shall be deposited into the Secretary of State Special License Plate Fund. Provides that an additional fee of $27 shall be charged for each renewal, of which $25 shall be deposited into the Support Illinois Carry Fund and $2 shall be deposited into the Secretary of State Special License Plate Fund. Provides that moneys in the Support Illinois Carry Fund shall be paid as grants to the Illinois State Rifle Association Legal Assistance Committee, Ltd., for promoting concealed carry in Illinois.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4063&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=63317&SessionID=84&GA=97Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Excludes from the definition of "firearm", any pneumatic gun, spring gun, paint ball gun, or B-B gun which expels a single globular projectile not exceeding .18 inch in diameter or (rather than and) which has a maximum muzzle velocity of less than 700 feet per second. Effective immediately.

It's been a bit hectic at work and been busy with fliers after work. Sorry for lagging behind. Here's a ban of private sales of firearms. I think we've already talked about it though.

HB 1296

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1296&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=57517&SessionID=84&GA=97

AWB we've already talked about

HB 1294

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1294&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=57470&SessionID=84&GA=97

One of our carry bills

HB 1403

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1403&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=57955&SessionID=84&GA=97

Here's that one about revoking foids of "mentally erratic students"

HB 1461

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1461&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=58217&SessionID=84&GA=97

Another private sale ban

HB 4456

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4456&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=63840&SessionID=84&GA=97

UUW law

Amends the Criminal Code of 1961. Enhances the penalties for unlawful use or possession of weapons by felons and for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.

Now what the heck good does it do to increase the penalties for these criminals when our courts don't give them the penalties that are in place now?

HB 4457

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4457&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=63841&SessionID=84&GA=97

The nice thing about 1403 is that it's not a crime to enter a business that prohibits firearms. The penalty is "removal" from the premises. The bad part is that carrying in any of the expressly prohibited places is a Class A misdemeanor, where as 148 makes it a class B, if the violation wasn't wilful.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

The nice thing about 1403 is that it's not a crime to enter a business that prohibits firearms. The penalty is "removal" from the premises. The bad part is that carrying in any of the expressly prohibited places is a Class A misdemeanor, where as 148 makes it a class B, if the violation wasn't wilful.

Are you familiiar with Rule 99(a) ?

19(a)? Just what I read on the general Assembly website. :wub:

Todd would know better than me, the rules of the general Assembly aren't exactly law school curriculum.

1403 also doesn't require live fire re-qualifications after obtaining the permit once and only requires qualification at 7 yards.

19(a)? Just what I read on the general Assembly website. wub.gif

Its kind of new - maybe not published yet.

It reads:

Any Illinois Carry member who shall post in a thread containing the phrase "Volunteers Needed" shall immediately upon completion of said post have that member's name or alias entered into the pool of eligible volunteers.

House Bills OK with you?

19(a)? Just what I read on the general Assembly website. :wub:

Todd would know better than me, the rules of the general Assembly aren't exactly law school curriculum.

1403 also doesn't require live fire re-qualifications after obtaining the permit once and only requires qualification at 7 yards.

i think HB1403 is a better bill than HB148. it's a shall and not a may, there's no duty to inform, if you vote against it and it passes you have to wait 10 years to get a ccp, and if a owner of a store has a sign up no ccp, and you get shot than it's on him you can sue him.

19(a)? Just what I read on the general Assembly website. wub.gif

i think HB1403 is a better bill than HB148. it's a shall and not a may, there's no duty to inform, if you vote against it and it passes you have to wait 10 years to get a ccp, and if a owner of a store has a sign up no ccp, and you get shot than it's on him you can sue him.

Hey guys, this thread is for assigning blocks of bills for review and then identifying those bills that warrant our attention. If you want to pick them apart in minutia, start another thread on them. Mauser has enough stuff to go through without the posts about whether the word should be "and" or "or".

Mauser, since Belercous doesn't take a hint wirth a damn, give me a block of bills!!

Tim

... give me a block of bills!!

You're the boss.

HB5601-HB5800 and SB3901-SB4100 are all yours.

I've looked through them already, nothing there that we're interested in! whistle.png tongue.png

Oh, that's right, our elected officials haven't gotten to that level in silliness yet!!

I'll wait!!

Oh, I ain't the boss. I just hang out here a lot and fooled them into putting moderator under my name!!

Archived