Apartment Building Posted

soylentgreen

I think there are some public buildings that should be off limits...such as civilians carrying guns on a military base or a nuclear facility (inside the actual reactor building). I could see a reasonable argument for controlling security tightly at a military base and I can see that a nuclear reactor is very intolerant to a gun accident that could pierce a cooling line or something like that. I can't see a reason why a licensed civilian shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in a school, or the public area of a police station or city hall or park district building or library.

What? You value a nuclear reactor above your own children!?

I'm kidding, but expect that reaction from anti-2As.

Nuclear reactors and some other areas are fortified against unauthorized intrusion. Most nuclear reactors are private property, anyway. You could make a similar argument for courthouses, as long as absolutely everyone goes though security screening. Military bases as gigantic GFZs just seem bizarre to me.

Imagine the trouble Major Hassan would have had killing all those people if soldiers on the base were armed...or even if the MPs were armed. I believe the local police were the first armed people on the scene. That is just plain ridiculous. The military ought to provide their own security and I think members of the military who have a reason to be armed ought to be armed on base...and members of the military who have concealed carry licenses ought to be allowed to conceal on base. Licensed civilians carrying on base...I have no problem with it. But, I could understand if it were restricted. It's a secure location...or should be.

Disarming military personnel on a military base -- especially since 9/11, is one of the most idiotic policies I have ever heard of.

I think there are some public buildings that should be off limits...such as civilians carrying guns on a military base or a nuclear facility (inside the actual reactor building). I could see a reasonable argument for controlling security tightly at a military base and I can see that a nuclear reactor is very intolerant to a gun accident that could pierce a cooling line or something like that. I can't see a reason why a licensed civilian shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in a school, or the public area of a police station or city hall or park district building or library.

What? You value a nuclear reactor above your own children!?

I'm kidding, but expect that reaction from anti-2As.

Nuclear reactors and some other areas are fortified against unauthorized intrusion. Most nuclear reactors are private property, anyway. You could make a similar argument for courthouses, as long as absolutely everyone goes though security screening. Military bases as gigantic GFZs just seem bizarre to me.

Imagine the trouble Major Hassan would have had killing all those people if soldiers on the base were armed...or even if the MPs were armed. I believe the local police were the first armed people on the scene. That is just plain ridiculous. The military ought to provide their own security and I think members of the military who have a reason to be armed ought to be armed on base...and members of the military who have concealed carry licenses ought to be allowed to conceal on base. Licensed civilians carrying on base...I have no problem with it. But, I could understand if it were restricted. It's a secure location...or should be.

On duty MPs are always armed, and the shooter was stopped by a Department of the Army police officer. Every branch of service has civilian DoD police officers who work in conjuction with the MPs

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Archived