No more body armor for the citizens of Illinois

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Eli Mcfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:30 PM

This horrible so called Mayor of the city of Chicago is stripping our rights to defend our selves. This bill will propose a ban on anybody who is not law enforcement having a bulletproof vest, according to Mayor Rahm Emanuel. I guess he's following #ResignSheriffIsrael footsteps.http://abc7chicago.c...impression=true

#2 chicagoresident

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

So the law barring felons from owning body armor didn't work, so now they want to extend it to law abiding citizens? What's wrong with these people.

What a dishonor to the officer's name and message.

#3 Dx54r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:38 PM

What is wrong with body armor?

#4 spec5

Nuclear Member

• Members
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

This horrible so called Mayor of the city of Chicago is stripping our rights to defend our selves. This bill will propose a ban on anybody who is not law enforcement having a bulletproof vest, according to Mayor Rahm Emanuel. I guess he's following #ResignSheriffIsrael footsteps.http://abc7chicago.c...impression=true

It looks like by your thread title that it was a done deal.
NRA Member Life Member
ISRA Member
Illinois Carry
Pershing Nuclear Missile 56th Field Artillery Brigade Veteran
1/41 Field Artillary Germany

#5 gregivq

• Members
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Wait, you mean to tell me that someone got killed by body armor?

Wait, wait, you mean to tell me that Chicago public transit users will be even more defenseless?

Wait, wait, wait, you mean to tell me that ... I'll just leave.

On a serious note where is the push to further our economy, education, balance any budget? Are we really just working to protect illegal aliens and make guns unavailable to the poor?

#6 Colt guy

• 1,026 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:45 PM

^^^^ pretty amazing isn’t it ? Use the murder of a police officer to further their own agenda. Never let a crisis go to waste. Shame on these soulless bas@#$**
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

#7 transplant

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:58 PM

HB 1469 House Amendment 1 is the proposed bill that would make possession of body armor a misdemeanor on the first offense and a felony on the second offense, and in some circumstances, a felony on the first offense.

http://www.ilga.gov/...B1469ham001.htm

Mauser has referred to HB 1469 HA1 as a magazine ban bill - it does that also.

#8 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,281 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

These people are wacko. They won't protect our kids in school. They won't let us protect our kids in school either. People say body armor and think about some felon kitted up like a SEAL. Instead they`re banning a protective plate in a book bag that helps should the kids have to hide under their desks while law enforcement hides behind their cars.

#9 blck10th

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:21 AM

I have a back pack insert that’s in my kids school backpack. So they are against him living. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#10 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

I have a back pack insert that’s in my kids school backpack. So they are against him living. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You have to figure who you are dealing with. They do not think about the big picture.

Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#11 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

It always seems that these laws coming from the Chicago democrats whittle down people's ability to help themselves and create more dependency on their government

“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#12 mkhalil61

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:26 AM

I don't know why I continue to get surprised by the stupidity of these idiots.  

#13 Patriots & Tyrants

• 4,327 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

It always seems that these laws coming from the Chicago democrats whittle down people's ability to help themselves and create more dependency on their government

All while seeing more criminals on the streets facing less consequence for their criminal acts. This is by design.

#14 hgmeyer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

Nut jobs and Democratic lawmakers in Illinois, but I repeat myself.

I've matured enough to where I am like a rodeo bull... If you can hang in there for eight seconds you just might win... But, those eight seconds are gonna be the toughest of your life.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."     Jeff Cooper

#15 Pappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

Unfortunately we keep blaming the Democratic lawmakers, the Mayor of the City of Chicago, and others for stripping our rights and proposing bills that do not address the real problems. They all use tragic events to capitalize on and further their political motives.  Until our Republican lawmakers that we have voted into office to represent us stand up and grow a pair and say enough is enough and stop the hysteria and the knee jerk reactions they really are no different then the Dems.

#16 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:34 AM

Unfortunately we keep blaming the Democratic lawmakers, the Mayor of the City of Chicago, and others for stripping our rights and proposing bills that do not address the real problems. They all use tragic events to capitalize on and further their political motives.  Until our Republican lawmakers that we have voted into office to represent us stand up and grow a pair and say enough is enough and stop the hysteria and the knee jerk reactions they really are no different then the Dems.

Where do you find one of those in Chicago?  Chicago has a grip on the neck of the state.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#17 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 13,127 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

Until our Republican lawmakers that we have voted into office to represent us stand up and grow a pair and say enough is enough and stop the hysteria and the knee jerk reactions they really are no different then the Dems.

Ya, Dan Proft calls them "Feeble Republicans"

Unfortunately the invention of the patronage job system and the creation of the Chicago Democratic Machine has undermined the democratic process in our state.  We can bemoan the Republicans who cave in to the left, but the ideas that kill freedom and liberty are being spawned and forwarded by the Democratic party.

These are dark days...

“Most gun control arguments miss the point. If all control boils fundamentally to force, how can one resist aggression without equal force? How can a truly “free” state exist if the individual citizen is enslaved to the forceful will of individual or organized aggressors?

It cannot.” 

― Tiffany Madison― 

#18 bmurph44

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

I don’t know anyone other than police that wear body armor, another nothing law that will change nothing.

#19 2A4Cook

Old and Cranky

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:30 AM

I wish they would ban leftists

#20 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

I don’t know anyone other than police that wear body armor, another nothing law that will change nothing.

Concealed means concealed. 

The bigger point is that there are laws already on the books for this.  If you use armor while committing a crime, laws are currently in place.  Now the INNOCENT CHILDREN who use body armored back packs, become felons.  Where is the logic in these liberals heads?  

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#21 PharetH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

My cousin who drives a armored truck and services ATMs wears a vest.  Would this ban him from wearing one?

#22 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#23 armadroid

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

My cousin who drives a armored truck and services ATMs wears a vest.  Would this ban him from wearing one?

yes

#24 Nanook

• 1,146 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

This could backfire. Even though they use the term "civilian" to refer to non-police, the police are actually civilians as well. 

Of course, there will be a carve-out for the police.

If a person wants to protect himself, and is otherwise a regular citizen with no record, I don't see the harm in it. 

#25 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,414 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

How much more obvious is it that the left are 100% pro thug and pro criminal.   

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#26 Suburban ff

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:29 AM

I want to point out as well, numerous fire departments have body armor available for use in an active shooter.  This law would make that illegal.  

#27 Odinson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:45 AM

The jerk that killed Commander Bauer had a protective vest on. I guess the rest of us law-abiding citizens just need to rely on our carhartt jackets.

https://nypost.com/2...s-cops-bullets/

Sorry I posted this (it's been posted here before) - now the trolls will get these banned.

#28 Bitter Clinger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:48 AM

There comes a time when there are so many horribly absurd laws created by the Dems that we just need to start ignoring them.

#29 Ricky Two Guns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

Until they charge you as a felon and wait.....take your right to vote???!!!

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS"
"Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum"

#30 Ricky Two Guns

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

and your guns win win.

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS"
"Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users