JB Pritzker Stance on Firearms

Molly B.

Back to the purpose of the thread: What, if anything, are the readers from Illinois going to do to assist in the reelection of Rauner? I know what I am doing, but what are you doing?

• I'm giving money to his campaign;
  • I'm encouraging people who know me to offer fund-raiser sites they have available;
  • I'm pushing the pro gun groups I belong to support and push their members to support Rauner;
  • I'm communicating with Rauner's campaign management with suggestions on things and messages I believe will help him;
  • I am educating friends, business associates, and family on why campaigning and voting for Rauner is important and cover many issues other than just gun issues as many people I deal with are not necessarily passionate about the 2nd Amendment.
I would rather not have to move to some other state. It feels too much like running.

FYI - Current Numbers and names

Rauner Donor (Top 25)
Bruce Rauner $95,276,000.00 Dec 20, 2016
Kenneth Griffin $36,089,295.18 Dec 21, 2017
Republican Governors Association $8,700,500.00 Feb 17, 2015
Illinois Republican Party $3,593,644.53 Mar 09, 2018
Richard Uihlein $2,605,300.00 Dec 30, 2014
Target Enterprises $745,655.00 Oct 01, 2014
Elizabeth Christie $405,300.00 Oct 09, 2014
Edgar Jannotta, Jr. $400,000.00 Sep 02, 2014
Illinois Manufacturers Association $360,000.00 Nov 03, 2014
Donald Edwards $305,300.00 Jun 19, 2018
Glen Tullman $280,300.00 Oct 07, 2014
Kent Dauten $280,300.00 Jun 29, 2018
Digital Greensigns $269,942.85 Jun 12, 2018
Illinois State Medical Society PAC $250,209.60 Oct 10, 2014
Paul Singer $250,000.00 Sep 23, 2014
MacLean-Fogg Company $226,599.63 Sep 11, 2014
Alpine Bancorporation, Inc. $223,599.50 Oct 16, 2014
Manufacturers PAC $215,000.00 Oct 24, 2014
William Kunkler $205,300.00 Feb 06, 2018
Joe Mansueto $205,300.00 May 23, 2014
Cash on Hand $39,458,106.40

Sam McCann Top 25 Donors (since announcing for Governor)
IUOE Engineers Political Education Committee $100,000.00 May 16, 2018
Construction & General Laborers' Dist Council $58,900.00 Mar 19, 2018
I.U.O.E. LOCAL 150 $58,500.00 Apr 16, 2018
Cash on Hand $292,325.58

JB Pritzker Top 25 Donors
JB Pritzker $106,500,034.95 May 31, 2018
Matthew Pritzker $250,000.00 Jun 22, 2018
Liz Lefkofsky $50,000.00 Jun 18, 2018
Illinois Education Association $42,486.22 Jun 15, 2018
Jon Ballis $15,000.00 Jun 22, 2018
Berkley Net $9,419.00 Feb 27, 2018
Office Depot $3,621.67 Mar 19, 2018
MNJ Technologies Direct, Inc. $2,970.31 Nov 20, 2017
Best Buy $2,775.76 Mar 13, 2018
Networking Technologies & Support, Inc. $1,404.00 Jul 01, 2017
The Tremont Hotel $1,162.67 Jul 19, 2017
Matthew Lindberg $1,149.60 Aug 31, 2017
Michael Alter $1,000.00 May 24, 2018
Treasurer of the City of Chicago $1,000.00 Sep 12, 2017
Steven Collens $1,000.00 May 25, 2018
Mitchel Greenberg $1,000.00 May 24, 2018
Harley Korman $1,000.00 Jun 11, 2018
White Elephant Hotel $770.73 Jul 17, 2017
ComEd $760.19 Jan 16, 2018
Kara Zubo $697.77 Sep 19, 2017
Cash on Hand $38,468,525.62

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 5, 2018 at 12:25 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 5, 2018 at 12:25 AM - No reason given

Kind of nice that Rauner has more $$$ on hand.

Not for long and bear in mind that JB has already spent over $100,000,000.00 on the campaign. Also bear in mind that these are the latest numbers but they are over three months behind.

This is not the time to make a stand on other moral grounds.

When will it be? When will it be time to take a moral stance? When it doesn't matter?

I'm sorry, I WILL NOT vote for a man that uses my money to murder babies. End of story. Come get my guns, JB. Bring it.

Shall we consider you an, "Anit-Gun Person", from now on then? OK.

You know I'm not. And I won't be bullied by being called one into voting the way someone else tells me. As I've explained, I will not sacrifice babies for gun rights. I will not. I refuse to make that bargain.

And, I will say it again...Pritzker is going to the the next governor of Illinois. This is a fact. It's a fact you gentlemen ought to just get used to.

...thanks to folks with your attitude.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

As I asked earlier (and got no answer)...if now isn't the time to fight for principles, when will it be? 2020? 2022? I'll just sit here waiting for your answer. The silence tells me the answer is "never".

You got some answers, just none you liked! Like I said, the time is now. The issue, however, is who's gonna serve us better as Governor. You'll probably get a good chance to limit the "Right to Choose" pretty soon with the impending SCOTUS appointment.

A quote from a different thread to sway your mind, and help you get out of the hole you are in...

We are very fortunate to have a Governor who will take the time to sit down with us, hear us out, take note of our concerns. In administrations past, we couldn't even get inside the glass doors to the outer office. Gov. Rauner is all that stands between us and a new administration that would strip us of all our rights in the blink of an eye.

We appreciate the Governor's willingness to at least discuss these important issues with us.

Molly B

As I asked earlier (and got no answer)...if now isn't the time to fight for principles, when will it be? 2020? 2022? I'll just sit here waiting for your answer. The silence tells me the answer is "never".

You got some answers, just none you liked! Like I said, the time is now. The issue, however, is who's gonna serve us better as Governor. You'll probably get a good chance to limit the "Right to Choose" pretty soon with the impending SCOTUS appointment.

A quote from a different thread to sway your mind, and help you get out of the hole you are in...

We are very fortunate to have a Governor who will take the time to sit down with us, hear us out, take note of our concerns. In administrations past, we couldn't even get inside the glass doors to the outer office. Gov. Rauner is all that stands between us and a new administration that would strip us of all our rights in the blink of an eye.

We appreciate the Governor's willingness to at least discuss these important issues with us.

Molly B

Soylent, a vote for BJ Prickster is a vote for both abortion and gun control. Is that really what you want?

Molly B

Soundguy, as I’ve said, we might disagree on a lot, but this is a great post!

Rauner/ILGOP better work on their messaging if the ads I'm seeing are any indication. Fighting over who is the smaller billionaire with the fewest homes and tax dodges could IMO be replaced by pointing out Putzer is a far leftist of the "Resist" type. The Dems are actively alienating themselves by being so extreme from not just us on the right and the independents but many traditional dems. ILGOP in fact likely can flip downstate Ds to Rs this election (but given downstate Ds regularly fight gun control I'm not sure how much that helps us in the end). In any case swing districts should be poised to actually swing this election to the right. In some parts of the state they should actually consider running as conservatives at least, if tying their efforts to Trump are a bit for for our RINO class.

Maybe there are messaging differently outside the collar counties.

I don't think anyone is actually coming for guns (not in a physical way)....

The reason why I say that is because I don't think there are too many LEO's out there who want to be first through the door of a legal gun owner, trying to take their weapons. Unless said LEO's are coming in with bags full of cash to pay for the full cost of what was spent, they can't have them.

Now, making felons out of current legal owners...that is a case for the courts.

The reason why I say that is because I don't think there are too many LEO's out there who want to be first through the door of a legal gun owner, trying to take their weapons. Unless said LEO's are coming in with bags full of cash to pay for the full cost of what was spent, they can't have them.

If it comes down to them going house to house taking guns , it will be swat teams doing it and we as individuals alone will not be able to stop them. It will not be regular leos and it won't be 1 or 2 officers. I hope to never see that happen..

If it comes down to them going house to house taking guns , it will be swat teams doing it and we as individuals alone will not be able to stop them. It will not be regular leos and it won't be 1 or 2 officers. I hope to never see that happen..

But play it out. How may legal gun owners are there in Illinois? There are not enough SWAT teams in Illinois to conduct house to house confiscations. Not to mention a good portion of the SWAT team members would probably be opposed to gun grabbing from lawful citizens. They would end up taking weapons from friends, family, ex-police, current and ex-military etc....while going against the 2nd.

With the number of weapons (both legal and illegal) out there, and especially the number of legal AR-15's out there, a SWAT team rolling into almost any neighborhood for the sole purpose of taking legal guns (rural, suburban, or uban/hood) would immediately find themselves surrounded and severely out-gunned. If SWAT is coming to take your neighbors guns, you are probably next on the list.

It would take a military force like the National Guard to conduct a house to house sweeps....and outside of Hollywood, that isn't realistic.

Kind of nice that Rauner has more $$$ on hand.

Not for long and bear in mind that JB has already spent over $100,000,000.00 on the campaign. Also bear in mind that these are the latest numbers but they are over three months behind.

$2M a month?

...Pritzkers contributions to Dem committees now total $5.7 million since May...

...All of those contributions were made by JB Pritzkers gubernatorial campaign. Its part of his Blue Wave Illinois initiative...

https://capitolfax.com/wp-mobile.php?p=38485&more=1

But play it out. How may legal gun owners are there in Illinois? There are not enough SWAT teams in Illinois to conduct house to house confiscations. Not to mention a good portion of the SWAT team members would probably be opposed to gun grabbing from lawful citizens. They would end up taking weapons from friends, family, ex-police, current and ex-military etc....while going against the 2nd.

With the number of weapons (both legal and illegal) out there, and especially the number of legal AR-15's out there, a SWAT team rolling into almost any neighborhood for the sole purpose of taking legal guns (rural, suburban, or uban/hood) would immediately find themselves surrounded and severely out-gunned. If SWAT is coming to take your neighbors guns, you are probably next on the list.

It would take a military force like the National Guard to conduct a house to house sweeps....and outside of Hollywood, that isn't realistic.

I wouldn't be so quick to say a good portion of cops wouldn't do it. Once told if you want to keep your job and your retirement you will do it, most will shrug their shoulders and say "got to think of my family" and will saddle up to do the job. Also after an unfriendly welcome from a few gun owners they will switch to "shoot first, ask questions second" mode.

I wouldn't be so quick to say a good portion of cops wouldn't do it. Once told if you want to keep your job and your retirement you will do it, most will shrug their shoulders and say "got to think of my family" and will saddle up to do the job. Also after an unfriendly welcome from a few gun owners they will switch to "shoot first, ask questions second" mode.
This.

But, they can't LEGALLY do any of this without lawfully repealing the Second Amendment. IOW, the government and its agents would be acting unlawfully and tyranically; just the situation the 2A was meant for!

This.

But, they can't LEGALLY do any of this without lawfully repealing the Second Amendment. IOW, the government and its agents would be acting unlawfully and tyranically; just the situation the 2A was meant for!

That is where I'm heading with all of this. I just don't see that many LEO's putting their own lives on the line to start taking guns from law abiding citizens. They would be going against the 2nd, and would out gunned. Every LEO driving down the street what have a giant target on their back. You would probably have the ATF and the FBI fighting against Illinois LEO's....and maybe our National Guard against the National Guards from other states. Makes a great movie script, but not a real concern in my mind. LEO's have "real crimes" to solve....and would not waste time with this.

A bigger concern would be small print legislation that slowly erodes and restrict certain rights under the cover of darkness. Depending on where you stand, that could be good or bad.

Let's get real here. If/When there are confiscations, it won't be door to door. That would be dumb. It would be through stiff fines and penalties. The average person won't want to risk say $250 a day fine and/or jail time aka Deerfiled and Chicago. How many of you are willing to risk not being able to feed your families?

How they will do it will be through mandatory turn ins and "buy backs." Hmmm when have we seen this before?

Let's get real here. If/When there are confiscations, it won't be door to door. That would be dumb. It would be through stiff fines and penalties. The average person won't want to risk say $250 a day fine and/or jail time aka Deerfiled and Chicago. How many of you are willing to risk not being able to feed your families?

How they will do it will be through mandatory turn ins and "buy backs." Hmmm when have we seen this before?

Who ever said people would pay or turn stuff in? We all know what that leads to

There would be some. The rest of us they will find some sort of way. You get pulled over for speeding and they find a bullet casing for what might be an illegal gun. They get warrant and search house (I know, i know) What i'm trying to say is there will be some that comply. Then they will chip at the rest of us any which way they can. Then when they feel enough has been taken, then and only then would they possible start knocking on doors. It will be like everythign else they do. Little by little till there is no one left to complain or stop them.

There would be some. The rest of us they will find some sort of way. You get pulled over for speeding and they find a bullet casing for what might be an illegal gun. They get warrant and search house (I know, i know) What i'm trying to say is there will be some that comply. Then they will chip at the rest of us any which way they can. Then when they feel enough has been taken, then and only then would they possible start knocking on doors. It will be like everythign else they do. Little by little till there is no one left to complain or stop them.

I agree, which is why non-compliance is important

https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2016/07/07/massive-noncompliance-with-safe-act/

Cuomo administration officials first ignored, then denied Robinson’s Freedom of Information Act request. But, on June 22, following two years of litigation, state police released the information based on a court decision which found that while the law forbade the disclosure of the actual registration forms, nothing precluded the release of aggregate data.

That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered. That’s a compliance rate of about 4 percent. Capanna said that the high rate of noncompliance with the law could only be interpreted as a large-scale civil disobedience, given the high level of interest and concern about the law on the part of gun owners.

The result

Opposition to the SAFE Act has been widespread across upstate New York, where 52 of the state’s 62 counties, including Ulster, have passed resolutions opposing the law. Upstate police agencies have also demonstrated a marked lack of enthusiasm for enforcing the ban on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines. According to statistics compiled by the state Department of Criminal Justice Services, there have been just 11 arrests for failure to register an otherwise-legal assault weapon since the SAFE Act took effect in March 2013 and 62 for possession of a large capacity magazine. In Ulster County, where 463 assault weapons have been registered, there have been just three arrests for possession of large-capacity magazines and none for failure to register an assault weapon. Ulster County Sheriff Paul VanBlarcum has been a vocal critic of the law; he said he believed large numbers of Ulster County gun owners had chosen to ignore the registration requirement.

“We’re a rural county with a lot of gun enthusiasts,” said VanBlarcum. “So [463] sounds like a very low number.”

VanBlarcum said he had advised deputies to use their discretion when it came to making arrests for SAFE Act violations like unregistered assault weapons and he had no plans to undertake proactive enforcement measures.

Illinois is easy. We have gun OWNER registration. They take that info, then enter it into the transfers database to see what'cha got. Then, they send you a notice to turn it in or turn over the sale information you're supposed to hold for 10 years. Not rocket science here. Of course, the gangbangers with the illegal guns -- the ones who commit the actual gun "crimes" -- are not in any database, and shall remain unmolested by the nanny state that caters to them.

Any FFLs out there proactively destroy records after 10 years? Asking for a friend....

Private transfers are one thing (10 yrs), but I thought the FFL was for the life of the business and then they went to the ATF...but a quick ATF search showed:

How long are licensees required to maintain ATF Forms 4473?

Licensees shall retain each ATF Form 4473 for a period of not less than 20 years after the date of sale or disposition. Where a licensee has initiated a National Instant Background Check System (NICS) check for a proposed firearms transaction, but the sale, delivery, or transfer of the firearm is not made, the licensee shall record any transaction number on the Form 4473, and retain the Form 4473 for a period of not less than 5 years after the date of the NICS inquiry.

[18 U.S.C. 923(g)(1)(A); 27 CFR 478.129(B)]

Last Reviewed June 20, 2018

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/how-long-are-licensees-required-maintain-atf-forms-4473

ATF-Record-Retention-Guide.png

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:08 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 05:08 AM - No reason given

Like the little kid trying to stay out of trouble when confronted by a parent, I'd reply - " Not me !! "

And yes, that would lead to the "door-to-door" face-off that concerns all of us.

Archived