Photo

Commissioner Boykin: United Nations Will Solve Chicago's Violence

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 18,972 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

http://wgntv.com/201...s-gun-violence/

County commissioner will ask the United Nations to help solve Chicago’s gun violence

by Tahman Bradley

Pushing for a new approach to combat Chicago’s gun violence, Cook County Commissioner Richard Boykin has announced plans to seek international help by appealing to the United Nations on Thursday. Boykin said he's going to ask the U.N. to come to Chicago to meet with minority communities.

"Look, this gun violence in Chicago is still out of control. Quite frankly, we’ve got too many young people of color who are being killed by gun violence. And of course it’s a genocide that’s not being talked about nationwide or even here in Chicago," Boykin said.

Boykin isn’t getting specific about what exactly he thinks the United Nations can do. But he says city and state leaders must make a total commitment to eliminating poverty, proving job opportunities and improving schools.
As of Wednesday morning, 814 fewer people have been shot and there have been 624 homicides in Chicago, down 15 percent compared to 734 on this date last year.

But carjackings have surged ....

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#2 BobPistol

• Members
  • 8,314 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

The-stupid-it-hurts.jpg

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#3 Nanook

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

He references 'people of color'. That's also who is doing most of the crimes in Chicago. How would the historically ineffective UN going to help? They've been a clown circus for most of their existence. 

#4 biggun 1

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

thank god for people like boyken,i have never heard such words of wisdom.why didn,t anyone else think of this excellent idea,now chicago will be saved!

#5 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

Translation:

"Give us more money or we'll make your lives heck"

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#6 IceCrMn

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Chicago could try locking up the violent criminals.I know, sounds crazy, but it might work.

They could give it 25-30 years and see if the crime rate goes down.If not then they can let all the criminals back out on the streets and try something else.

#7 gmk

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:26 AM

Yes, the UN has done such a fine job in all of the locations it has done it's peace keeping.  Africa comes to mind.  Yes, a bold solution.   Oh, no need to worry about all of the corruption that comes along, Chicago would be perfect place!

Edited by gmk, 14 December 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#8 bmyers

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

We should make a deal, Cooke County can bring in the UN only if we get to de-annex Cooke County from the rest of the state. 

#9 Plinkermostly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:40 AM

Hummm . . .  a Crook County UN tax.  It might work.

#10 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:53 AM

Illinois and Chicago gun control and social programs failed so we're going to institute UN gun control and UN social programs.

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#11 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

Could it be that Chicago/Cook co is too afraid to talk to our federal government? 

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#12 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

I think its part political grandstanding, virtue posturing works with those constituents and Boykin is going to challenge Prekwinkle for Cook County Board President.  I think its part knee jerk grievance industry tactics - tactics which have worked for decades - scream racism, make a big fuss and people will pay you to quiet down. Since Chicago and Illinois are broke - Boykin would be aiming for more Federal money.

Maybe part of it too is opening the door for the Marxists in the U.N. to embarrass a died-in-the-wool capitalist like Trump.

I'm sure the leftists in this country would love for the U.N. to say that Chicago's problems are due to inequity and lack of adequate wealth redistribution.  That would make their day.

- N. A. Halkides -

- Daniel Webster -

- H. L. Mencken -

#13 Jeffrey

• Members
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

And more fed money Boykin could get so long as you follow fed rules.  Choosing which laws you want to follow has been the Chicago way since day 1.  Chicago would love to be more like the EU.  Thank goodness for still having some republicans still in our state.

...and justice for all

YOUR WALLET, the only place Democrats care to drill

#14 BigJim

• Members
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Would the UN blue helmets have any legal power over U.S. citizens within the U.S.?  Could a UN peace keeper arrest or detain or search someone?  Could they give you an order you would have to obey and what if you simply ignored them and walked away?  If you were legally carrying could they confiscate your sidearm?

Big Jim
-----------------------------------------
I will not be commanded,
I will not be controlled
And I will not let my future go on,
without the help of my soul

The Lost Boy - Greg Holden

#15 TomKoz

• 3,488 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

No. No. No. No problem. No.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#16 mikew

• Members
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

If any "leaders" think that municipal police are a problem, wait until they get UN peacekeepers... 

#17 Rangerdeepv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

There is no cure for....................nevermind!

#18 TRJ

The Original TRJ, Accept No Impostors

• 8,020 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

I was always under the impression that the United Nations would be employed to round them up once the 2nd falls and laws pass banning every last privately owned bullet. Sending blue helmets to the doors to uphold laws many in our police and military would not choose to enforce. To them we're exactly who Hillary said we are...deplorable. They'd have no problem kicking our doors, shooting our dogs and us just because. Never mind they'd all be speaking German or simply not exist it weren't for those American hillbillies that saved their *****.

#19 mauserme

• Admin
  • 18,972 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

In ABC7 video, at about 1:12, Commissioner Boykin explains that he would like the UN to come to Chicago "...and maybe even possibly help out in terms of peace keeping efforts."

I wonder if he talked to Superintendent Johnson about that.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#20 soundguy

• 5,288 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Would the UN blue helmets have any legal power over U.S. citizens within the U.S.?  Could a UN peace keeper arrest or detain or search someone?  Could they give you an order you would have to obey and what if you simply ignored them and walked away?  If you were legally carrying could they confiscate your sidearm?

They'll look just like the old CPD blue helmets!!!!

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#21 cybermgk

• 1,748 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:42 PM

In ABC7 video, at about 1:12, Commissioner Boykin explains that he would like the UN to come to Chicago "...and maybe even possibly help out in terms of peace keeping efforts."

Got to think our President might have a thing or two to say about foreign troops on U.S. soil.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#22 seanc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Has Boykin gotten the warring sides to agree to bringing in these Peace Keepers?  Has he even identified who the warring sides are, or just the victims?  That would be awesome if he'd identify the warring sides, otherwise, he's just a grandstanding poser.

"Senator if we figure out a way to make criminals obey the law, then you'll be my first call"

#23 Yas

• Members
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Does this mean that Boykins views Chicago as similar to 3rd world nation needing UN help?

#24 C0untZer0

• Members
  • 12,988 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

I'm thinking more and more that this really is the way to go.  Boykin doesn't seem to be aware of the U.S. Constitution at all, so - y'know hey screw it.  If Boykin and other African American politicians want to bring the military in, then let's bring the military in.  Cordon off Chicago's worst neighborhoods, set up military check points and search everyone going in or out and do a door-to-door search of every house, oh, and arrest anyone with an outstanding warrant while they're at it.

Set a curfew and shoot anyone who disobeys the curfew.

The weekly killing will stop after just 5 days.

I think that's what Boykin has in mind, although I could be wrong...

- N. A. Halkides -

- Daniel Webster -

- H. L. Mencken -

#25 kevinmcc

• Members
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

So they are calling for foreign troops to suppress Americans?

That seems treasonous.
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, NRA
Life Member, Oath Keepers
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation

#26 cybermgk

• 1,748 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

I'm thinking more and more that this really is the way to go.  Boykin doesn't seem to be aware of the U.S. Constitution at all, so - y'know hey screw it.  If Boykin and other African American politicians want to bring the military in, then let's bring the military in.  Cordon off Chicago's worst neighborhoods, set up military check points and search everyone going in or out and do a door-to-door search of every house, oh, and arrest anyone with an outstanding warrant while they're at it.

Set a curfew and shoot anyone who disobeys the curfew.

The weekly killing will stop after just 5 days.

I think that's what Boykin has in mind, although I could be wrong...

I think you just may have it.

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#27 mauserme

• Admin
  • 18,972 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

More from CBS:

I’m hoping to appeal to the U.N. to actually come to Chicago... Boykin said at O’Hare International Airport on Thursday.
They’ve been able to help in places like Africa and abroad, where they’ve sent troops in and sent forces in to help protect minority and vulnerable populations, and so quite frankly I think the same can be said for here in Chicago,” Boykin said. “I’m talking about physical security. ...

#28 GeekDad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

No amount of Advil is helping my headache.

What's scary is there are people that will come out and say what a great idea it is.

Oh the pain, the pain...

Mommy make it stop...

NRA, ISRA, SAF, GOA, GSL

#29 cybermgk

• 1,748 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:09 PM

I'm far enough away if we drop one of these dead center Chicago

atomic-mushroom-cloud-explosion-2-2.gif

ISRA Member

NRA Member

U.S.A.F Veteran

Single Father of 2

#30 POAT54

• Members
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

So they are calling for foreign troops to suppress Americans?

That seems treasonous.

+1

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

"The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users