Answering the door of your home while open carrying

grappler

I live more than a 1/4 of a mile from anything public, you have to go by more than one 'no trespassing' sign or 'no solicitors' to get to my doorstep, there is no sidewalk or other easement where my driveway meets the road.

If you are at my door the least of my concerns is what you think or how you feel about me carrying my sidearm...... those that know me and are friends or family expect there will be a sidearm on my right hip. Those that don't know me typically didn't pay attention to the signs.

Do you need a FOID on your own property???

You are required to have a FOID card to be in possession of a firearm or ammunition. So the answer to your question would be YES.

non-residents are exempt from needing a FOID cards. The state does, however issue non-resident FOID cards to persons in certain situations such as but not limited to law enforcement officers that work in ILLINOIS but reside outside of ILLINOIS.

Then again it could be a parent and munchkin selling Girl Scout cookies, you trigger them, they call 911 for a MWG and next thing you know the cops are knocking down your door and you find yourself on your floor while all the cops in Illinois have their weapons aimed at your head.

Could also happen for asking if the Girl Scout cookies are made with real Girl Scouts.

It's perfectly legal and well within your rights to do so. I would be worried about "swatting" from a person that felt threatened...I rather avoid any big production with the law at my front door and having to explain. That said.... ever since I installed " The Ring doorbell"....... I answer my door 3 times a year, when, I'm expecting company.

It's perfectly legal and well within your rights to do so. I would be worried about "swatting" from a person that felt threatened...I rather avoid any big production with the law at my front door and having to explain. That said.... ever since I installed " The Ring doorbell"....... I answer my door 3 times a year, when, I'm expecting company.

Making a video recording proving that you did not threaten them would be sufficient evidence to prove that such a person lied to police. Lying to police could be charged as obstructing justice.

Archived