If You Would Like to Leave a Message for Mary Shepard

Mary stops by IllinoisCarry about once a day or so and I thought some of you might like to leave a message

for her. She probably won't post and will not be able to answer questions or comment about the case

but I thought it might be nice to have a place we can offer our thanks and she could read them first hand.

I'll start!

Mary, I am so sorry about what happened to you. Such a horrible thing should never happen to anyone.

Thank you so much for your willingness and courage to step forward as a plaintiff in the NRA lawsuit to

fight for what you know to be true and right, to fight for others who also cannot protect themselves

under current IL law. I am so proud to know you, my friend!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Molly B.

Mary stops by IllinoisCarry about once a day or so and I thought some of you might like to leave a message

for her. She probably won't post and will not be able to answer questions or comment about the case

but I thought it might be nice to have a place we can offer our thanks and she could read them first hand.

I'll start!

Mary, I am so sorry about what happened to you. Such a horrible thing should never happen to anyone.

Thank you so much for your willingness and courage to step forward as a plaintiff in the NRA lawsuit to

fight for what you know to be true and right, to fight for others who also cannot protect themselves

under current IL law. I am so proud to know you, my friend!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Molly B.

I don't think it could be said any better than what Molly did.

Praise the Lord!

Ms. Shepard,

Thank you for your willingness to do this. You faced far more than any one person should ever have to go through in their life, and yet you still have the strength to stand up for what is right by representing all of us who wish to have our rights restored. Thank you for your courage.

-Brian

I was really upset to hear about what happened to you and I hope that you're finding full recovery and peace. Take solace in knowing that what you are doing may insure that countless women, seniors and others can have hope to prevent what happened to you and that is more than most people on earth can say. You're a real hero.

Mary, I very much admire your endurance and courage to move on and become a shining light for us all. Thank You.

Mary,

When my wife and I read your story we were horrified by what you and your lady friend went thru. Our

prayers are with you now as you fight a battle for all of us. We are behind you all the way. You are

doing what we have always taught our kids, which is to fight for what you believe in. May God Bless You

always.

Ms.Shepard, Thank you so much for your willingness to stand up for this worthy cause! I can't begin to imagine the amount of courage it takes to come through an ordeal such as you have. Although i don't know you personally, i gather from what others have written that you are an extraordinary lady! I sincerely appreciate what you are doing to help ALL of us to win back the right to self protection! You are in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Ms. Sheppard,

You're a hero in my book! I wish my character was as strong as yours. It's tragic that you were assaulted, and that the State of Illinois aided your offender by not allowing you to defend yourself. The fact that you have used this tragedy to fight for your rights and the rights of others in such a public way, speaks to the strength of your character and your resolve to change Illinois. Hopefully with your help, there will be fewer victims in the State of Illinois! All the residents of Illinois owe you a debt of gratitude and appreciation! You will be in my prayers for God to restore your body to function fully and to relieve you of any pain or discomfort or trauma you may be experiencing.

Mary,

Sometimes the most good is acomplished when the horrors of our society are visited upon the strong and courageous. I am so sorry that some of that horror found you that day and thank you for having the strength and courage to turn it into such a positive for our state.

It humbles me to be in the presence of so many great patriots on these boards and you, ma'am, are one of the greatest.

Keith

Mary,

Thanks for having the courage to stand up for yourself and for all of us that are at the mercy of the criminals. I know that it's often a difficult thing to do, but remember that we are behind you every step of the way. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

JC

Hello Mary!

Thank you for being the voice that represents us on the upcoming court case to restore our rights to self-defense. You are about the same age as my mother, who lives in another midwest state where all law-abiding adult citizens right to self-defense outside of the home is lawful and legal. Your story is so dramatic, it's really hard to find words adequate to express our sorrow at your pain and our gratitude for your help. Every female member of my family is a gun owner, or has a IL FOID card and is pro-gun. You're right that women are more vulnerable. In my family, the women most important to me have suffered attacks by criminals. Several times over the past several decades. Your unique role at this moment in your life sets you apart and makes you a hero to many of us.

From every member of my family, thank you.

HR

Ms. Shephard, I cannot say how disgusted I am over how you were treated by this criminal. I can only hope that you get some satisfaction knowing that you are fighting back to help others. Your fight here will help ensure that others are not kept defensless in the face of criminals in Illinois.

Thank you,

DM

This makes me think of a song by Kenni Thomas called "Not Me". Part of the lyrics go like this...

Not me, not me, but this world becomes a better place,

when someone stands and leads the way

steps forward, when they'd rather say not me......

Thank you for stepping forward Mary. We love you!

Archived