Shew v Malloy 2nd Circuit AWB Ruling

transplant

What impact do you think this will have on Friedman? The justices in Shew made the same argument, i.e. that they have nothing to go on since the SCOTUS hasn't issued a more definitive ruling on firearms, so I'm curious how this'll impact the SCOTUS' decision to grant or deny cert.

I think I might rather be waterboarded twice than be forced to read this tortured judicial opinion more than once!

If you read between the lines, it's clear that the courts know these laws are unconstitutional but want to do whatever they can to avoid having to strike them down. They're hoping SCOTUS does it for them so that the higher court can take the heat.

I am sure I missed something important, (please be kind).

We assume that the majority of the prohibited conduct

falls within the scope of Second Amendment protections.

The statutes are appropriately evaluated under the constitutional

standard of “intermediate scrutiny” that is, whether they are “substantially

related to the achievement of an important governmental interest.”

What justified governmental interest besides infringing on our rights does this do?

I think I might rather be waterboarded twice than be forced to read this tortured judicial opinion more than once!

If you read between the lines, it's clear that the courts know these laws are unconstitutional but want to do whatever they can to avoid having to strike them down. They're hoping SCOTUS does it for them so that the higher court can take the heat.

I believe you have stated very well the essence of what's happened in this travesty.

Which is absurd, and should result in some sort of censure of the court engaging in such activities which are aiding and abetting unconstitutional actions by not striking down the laws in question for being essentially illegal and a rights violation.

Archived