DuPage 4/29 Gun Show; Protest and possibly last fairground show

InterestedBystander

I think we should invite one or all of them inside to try and buy any firearm inside using the “gun show loophole” offer to pay their $5 entry fee. Maybe credible first hand investigation on their part would be a better persuasion than harsh words thrown across a street? The problem with so many anti 2nd people is that they are misinformed. Offer them the fact that while 30,000 people die each year from guns (most are suicide) the CDC reports that guns are used to save at a minimum 500,000 and as many as 3,000,000 lives per year. That is not including the times a gun is used as a deterrent through brandishing, it only includes when a gun is discharged to stop violent crime.

Data source on the CDC comment? I thought CDC was barred from studying gun violence/use data.

Funny how Illinois folks have become so conditioned by the FOID system that we think our way is the way the rest of the world operates. The “loophole” in America (as opposed to Illinois) is private sales. Gun shows are just a venue that enabled broader market for private sales. The internet (armslist, Craigslist, forums) has expanded that exponentially. It exists. And that’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus08.pdf

I think we should invite one or all of them inside to try and buy any firearm inside using the gun show loophole offer to pay their $5 entry fee. Maybe credible first hand investigation on their part would be a better persuasion than harsh words thrown across a street? The problem with so many anti 2nd people is that they are misinformed. Offer them the fact that while 30,000 people die each year from guns (most are suicide) the CDC reports that guns are used to save at a minimum 500,000 and as many as 3,000,000 lives per year. That is not including the times a gun is used as a deterrent through brandishing, it only includes when a gun is discharged to stop violent crime.

Extremely low chance of turning anyone. They have their mind made up. Most (more like all) of these types that are active in a gun control group are unwilling to budge,except for the younger kids and people in their early 20s. You are not going to win over the majority of them, no matter what facts and logic you use. That said, just asking/offering does not hurt at all, just dont expect anyone to take you up on it
I agree with you. Just an angle to try.

$why would anyone want to take the initiative to educate themselves anyway? They are already correct, just ask them.$

I think we should invite one or all of them inside to try and buy any firearm inside using the gun show loophole offer to pay their $5 entry fee. Maybe credible first hand investigation on their part would be a better persuasion than harsh words thrown across a street? The problem with so many anti 2nd people is that they are misinformed. Offer them the fact that while 30,000 people die each year from guns (most are suicide) the CDC reports that guns are used to save at a minimum 500,000 and as many as 3,000,000 lives per year. That is not including the times a gun is used as a deterrent through brandishing, it only includes when a gun is discharged to stop violent crime.

Extremely low chance of turning anyone. They have their mind made up. Most (more like all) of these types that are active in a gun control group are unwilling to budge,except for the younger kids and people in their early 20s. You are not going to win over the majority of them, no matter what facts and logic you use. That said, just asking/offering does not hurt at all, just dont expect anyone to take you up on it
I agree with you. Just an angle to try.

$why would anyone want to take the initiative to educate themselves anyway? They are already correct, just ask them.$

They are the definition of a bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I understand why most of the sheeple in these groups are doing what they do; they hate guns because they think they are one of the main problems that lead to murder (yes, they think people who own guns are more dangerous than people who don’t). They actually believe that a tool by itself is a problem. But they see guns as the issue, so I get how they feel, even though it’s pretty irrational (well, they are liberals!)

Now, they can’t understand for the life of them why we want/need AR’s and the such. They just can’t comprehend it and think we should just give them up and if we refuse, be thrown in jail and our lives ruined.

No one is trying to silence gun control groups from expressing their opinion, but they sure as heck are trying to silence us AND turn us into criminals: so who are the real bigots?.......

The goal here is not to turn any of them. That will not happen. The goal is to 1) make sure they are not the only voice on scene, 2) present a rational, informed, and polite face of the pro-2A crowd to the media and the general public in order to dispel myths, 3) connect the free exercise of 2A and patronizing the show to the Constitution. Anything else is useless.

This is a PR opportunity for us. We need to put our best image forward.

The goal here is not to turn any of them. That will not happen. The goal is to 1) make sure they are not the only voice on scene, 2) present a rational, informed, and polite face of the pro-2A crowd to the media and the general public in order to dispel myths, 3) connect the free exercise of 2A and patronizing the show to the Constitution. Anything else is useless.

This is a PR opportunity for us. We need to put our best image forward.

Agree that this is a total PR opportunity. If you speak at board meetings or town halls, keep your cool and come prepared.

... If you cannot control your urge to get on camera or be seen across the street, please- Bathe Comb your hair Shave Dress nicely (not your best cammies/hoodie) Don’t wave a flag (it ain’t the Alamo and yer not Davey Crockett) Don’t yell Don’t talk to polite strangers or others holding cameras

No one is going to change the minds of protesters. The idea would be to change the minds of people reading the paper or watching news on TV. So for that, yeah, look sane. Considering the point of protesting is to be seen (or covered by news media), sane people do need to engage the press. If you call a reporter "you liberal fuckhead," again yeah, expect to be quoted, and you just convinced 1,000 people to support AWBs.

Who do you want to see on camera representing us?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oiKxdnmoNho/VSPado0iNjI/AAAAAAAAAgk/GBcqljKn-Ww/s1600/1000.jpg

OR

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lo58pP2hOnQ/VSPadmBcCcI/AAAAAAAAAgg/tUEqNHcnN1M/s1600/1001.jpg

I support the right to open carry and carry what you want but there is no reason that guy should be HOLDING his rifle, not even for selfies. the big sweaty looking guy would make me think open carry advocate the little guy with the SKS in his hands would make me think nutcase mass killer making his move. This is a great way to get killed by a CCL holder who thinks this is another Waffle House unfolding, especially if he walked in like that.

Has anyone heard anything more about the possibiity of tomorrows show being the last one at the fairgrounds?

As far as protests, this isnt getting near the attention the last one did.

Nope, it's old news....

No big bad AR-15 raffles, or sales

THEY are trying do drum up some novelty, by getting the cosplayers ("handmaidens" with red cloaks and oversize white bonnets) to attend.

Observations from the show today:

When I arrived, maybe 8 to 10 protestors with 1 or 2 of them hand maidens based on the red costume I saw. About 10 to 15 pro counter protestors cheering when they would get a vehicle honk. Did not see any media coverage.

Several empty tables and as usual too many start packing up before noon.

PVSA was offering vendors 1 free month if they paid next year in entirety. I asked if this would be last fairground show and they said they did not know as they were in negotiations but it was a possibility. He thought they would be looking at other locations also but thought it might be difficult to find somewhere else.

AR and AK platform firearms as well as regular magazines were on display although I did see them ask a guy to cover up or black out some "cutesy" wording he had about Chicago and guns (I think) on a description card.

Todd V made another appearance as a vendor.

I was there....two vendors mentioned it was 'the last show'...unfortunately.

By the same token..I missed the special nee...err....protesters. I was there at 8 and left by about 9:30. I guess liberals dont wake up early on the weekends..or weekdays.

While there were no 'complete' AR's, there were a few tables full of uppers...accessories, mags etc.

I reckon one could buy and upper at one table.. turn around and buy a lower at another and call it done. (But morons dont understand that can be done and call it a 'win' for not selling complete rifles. Proof point #7642 that liberals are not very bright.)

If it is the last show, it will be due to the building owners caving in to a handful of low IQ'ers with signs.

BTW....technically it is the 'last show' for the season. It would remain to be seen if they come back in the fall.

Oh...and to the guy that bought ALL of Fox River's 38 special SECONDS after 8AM. Raspberries to you! Thppppthpptpp....

Havent been to a show in awhile, are their still good milsurps around for reasonable prices (mosins, Mausers, Arisakas, enfields, M1s)????

M1s seem generally overpriced to me. I still see Mosins and on occasion Mausers/Arisakas but not sure what is reasonable. Used to see Enfields but its been a while or else they just havent caught my eye.

There is one more Chicagoland show left for the season at Kane County.

Sorry I missed it, the aftermath of IGOLD kept me busy and tuckered me out.

I lifted the pictures from Facebook, Gerard Anton posted them.

Six attendees for the anti's, I count about 20 for the 2nd Amendment side.

post-1247-0-48630300-1525069405_thumb.png

As a vendor at the show this has been a concern.

The Fair Board is talking of placing additional restrictions on the show. No "assault Weapons" No high cap mags, no bump stocks. They pay about $40,000 a year for the location with tables and such. Finding another venue in the area at that price is proving to be difficult. all the other venues that size are ruining double or more.

The issue seems to stem from a few protesters and busybodies making some calls and getting some on the fair board excited about things. As of yesterday they had not signed a contract for the 2018-2019 as they see if they can work out the details.

The show has been going on there for about 40 years without a problem. One small issue popped up where one vendor at the show yesterday had a sign "best ARs made" and was asked to take it down.

More updates as I get them.

Havent been to a show in awhile, are their still good milsurps around for reasonable prices (mosins, Mausers, Arisakas, enfields, M1s)????

M1s seem generally overpriced to me. I still see Mosins and on occasion Mausers/Arisakas but not sure what is reasonable. Used to see Enfields but its been a while or else they just havent caught my eye.

There is one more Chicagoland show left for the season at Kane County.

I could always use more Enfields and Arisakas. The very top Mosin (1938 Tula) is the only one I got a a gun show a few years back. Im on a binge regarding mil-surps and have been cleaning out local shops. Might have to hit up the Kane County one, as all Im finding now are beat up overpriced M48s. Still need a 9mm Luger, SVT40, Type 38, Gewehr 43 (vey pricey). Gun shows are the only places to probably find those now, and I bet the price is going to reflect that

http://i.imgur.com/8pQqNFN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kGbVc26.jpg

The Fair Board is talking of placing additional restrictions on the show. No "assault Weapons" No high cap mags, no bump stocks. They pay about $40,000 a year for the location with tables and such. Finding another venue in the area at that price is proving to be difficult. all the other venues that size are ruining double or more.

The issue seems to stem from a few protesters and busybodies making some calls and getting some on the fair board excited about things. As of yesterday they had not signed a contract for the 2018-2019 as they see if they can work out the details.

The show has been going on there for about 40 years without a problem. One small issue popped up where one vendor at the show yesterday had a sign "best ARs made" and was asked to take it down.

Signs, signs, everywhere the signs. It must have been a black sign.

Signs, signs, everywhere the signs. It must have been a black sign.
The liberal antis are becoming what they supposedly hate........

http://i.imgur.com/b1DXeWB.jpg

We all know if all ARs looked like this, they wouldnt be deemed scary

http://i.imgur.com/htea0lg.jpg

My father just bought a garand at the last Kane county show. It is a beautiful rifle. We are not experts in the area of garands. He paid $1000 for it because that’s what he felt was a fair price. Like I said, it’s beautiful, it has a clean bore, and it fires as expected. He didn’t buy it to look at, he bought it to send lead down range. I know it is a Springfield action.

My father just bought a garand at the last Kane county show. It is a beautiful rifle. We are not experts in the area of garands. He paid $1000 for it because that’s what he felt was a fair price. Like I said, it’s beautiful, it has a clean bore, and it fires as expected. He didn’t buy it to look at, he bought it to send lead down range. I know it is a Springfield action.

Exactly what I buy my firearms for: to shoot as intended!

Archived