Call to Action 11/5/2017 - Phone Calls Needed!

mauserme

Call to Action

Phone Calls Needed

The final days of the 2017 Fall Veto Session begin Tuesday, 11/7/2017, and are scheduled through Thursday, 11/9/2017. With your help, we've already defeated HB4117 Trigger Mod; Pre Pack Explosive, which lost in House floor debate 48/54.

SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing, however, continues to threaten both our Second Amendment right to purchase firearms, and our Fourth Amendment right to privacy.

You see, the same day the Illinois Legislature announced creation of a task force to "combat sexual harassment in state government", Senator Don Harmon filed an amendment to SB333 delaying but not eliminating a requirement in the proposed Gun Dealer Licensing Act to videotape all areas of gun stores including, by inference, the restrooms. How the Senate thought this perverse invasion of our privacy would be acceptable is beyond us. Nor is it ours to explain why this amendment was filed the same day 27 allegations of sexual misconduct in State Government were disclosed. Remember, the proposal is not to eliminate the video. The proposal would, however, move it past the work of the task force.

It is right and proper to demand that any bill advanced by Mr. Harmon or the House sponsor, Representative Kathleen Willis, not violate the prohibition against creation of video in restrooms already codified in Illinois Law (720 ILCS 5/26-4). It is imperative that we not allow an untenable situation in which Illinois gun stores are required to either violate the provisions of state licensing, or violate the provisions of current law protecting our privacy.

Join us in demanding that the Legislature respect not only our Second Amendment rights, but our Privacy Rights - the rights of the Men and Women, Girls and Boys who enjoy the shooting sports.

Tell them our bathroom habits are none of their business!

1.) Beginning Monday, 11/6, please call your State Representatives. Tell them to vote against SB333 and SB1657, should either come to a vote in the House. Stress that HB4120 Ban Bump Fire Stock and any equivalent bills are not acceptable solutions to the violence committed by others. State your opposition to any infringements of our rights, whether they be state dealer licensing or bans on firearms and their accessories.

2.) Call your State Senators. Tell them to vote against SB333, should it come to a vote in that body.

3.) Most especially, call Senator Harmon's district office (708-848-2002) and, Tuesday, his Springfield office (217-782-8176). Remind him that in 2004 he signed on as Chief Senate Sponsor of HB4725 Unauthorized Taping, the bill that became Illinois' legal guarantee of privacy in restrooms and changing areas. Ask him why, 13 years later, privacy is no longer important to him. Ask him why he secretly skipped the normal public hearing process by approving the SB333 amendment in a committee he co-chairs!

Suggest to him that Illinois would be better served by a law prohibiting the capture of any images of our children, in any area of a gun store or elsewhere, absent parental consent.

Contact information can be found here.

###

Phone calls made.

When I called my representative's office, I spoke with a nice woman and told her I wanted to voice my opinion on some bills. However, before bringing up specific bills, I begin by saying that I wanted to first thank my representative for their opposition to HB4120 on October 26th. She seemed taken aback as if they don't get many calls thanking them. I bet it was a nice change of pace for her.

So, if you get the opportunity, don't forget to thank your representative/senator if they have helped protect our 2A rights. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Calling Sen. Clayborne will do no good as he is "retiring" at the end of this term.

Not that he would be willing to help in the first place.

made my calls, even though Melinda Bush is one of the most anti gun veterans I have ever seen.

Thank you guys.

I know some of these calls aren't the easiest to make, but they do help.

Calling Sen. Clayborne will do no good as he is "retiring" at the end of this term.

Not that he would be willing to help in the first place.

made my calls, even though Melinda Bush is one of the most anti gun veterans I have ever seen.

Thank you guys.

I know some of these calls aren't the easiest to make, but they do help.

I rather enjoy pissing off anti gun politicians.

Archived