Highland Park, early in the morning.

mikew

Highland park emailed this out @1500 today.
They have been trying to get "Lake County Leaders" to sign up for this for a week now.
Protect Our Community: Join the Fight Against Gun Violence
Wednesday, May 4 at 7:30 a.m., Highland Park Community House
http://files.ctctcdn.com/ef1ab53e301/e8adffbe-ec20-489c-80fd-c0be4dbf28f6.png
Join the Lake County Leadership Alliance as they discuss gun violence and prevention on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 7:30 a.m. at the Highland Park Community House, 1991 Sheridan Road, in anticipation of the Second National Gun Violence Awareness Day (June 2).
"By participating in this discussion, we are working together to end gun violence and build safer communities," stated Lake County Leadership founder, Mayor Nancy R. Rotering. "It is our responsibility as citizens to ensure that we encourage and take common sense steps to reduce gun violence to protect children, our law enforcement officials and neighbors."
Nearly 100,000 Americans are killed or injured in gun violence every year. Gun violence prevention, education and awareness is the responsibility of every person and every community. What can we do to reduce gun violence in our communities? Join us this Wednesday, voice your opinion and spread awareness during this important conversation.
The Lake County Leadership Alliance (LCLA), led by Mayor Nancy Rotering, will meet to discuss gun violence prevention in our region and how working together to change legislation, provide enforcement and promote gun safety education will help protect our families.
Wednesday's panelists are: Robin Kelly, U.S. Congresswoman, IL-2, Mike Nerheim, Lake County State's Attorney, Greg Bales, representing Senator Dick Durbin, Joe Piasecki, Chief of Staff, IL State Senator Julie Morrison's Office, John Gruber, Organizer for Chicagoland Brady Campaign Center. Paul Shafer, City of Highland Park Chief of Police, moderates the panel.
Please contact Jennifer Dotson at 847-926-1006 or at jdotson@cityhpil.com to RSVP, ask questions, or make comments on the fight against gun violence. Spots are filling up quickly, so RSVP today!

Learn more about your city at www.cityhpil.com or call us at (847) 926-1000.

Do not forget to shop and dine local: Look for local businesses here: http://www.cityhpil.com/shoppinganddining.
Sincerely,

City of Highland Park
cityhp@cityhpil.com

Wednesday's panelists are: Robin Kelly, U.S. Congresswoman, IL-2, Mike Nerheim, Lake County State's Attorney, Greg Bales, representing Senator Dick Durbin, Joe Piasecki, Chief of Staff, IL State Senator Julie Morrison's Office, John Gruber, Organizer for Chicagoland Brady Campaign Center. Paul Shafer, City of Highland Park Chief of Police, moderates the panel.

hmm maybe they need stalin or hitler on this panel to "moderate" Mao? Wait i think Fidel is still available.....

Nearly 100,000 Americans are killed or injured in gun violence every year.

What kind of crap is this? First they say 30,000, now they've increased it to 100,000? Where did they get either number?

jim123, on 04 May 2016 - 1:56 PM, said:jim123, on 04 May 2016 - 1:56 PM, said:

C0untZer0, on 04 May 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:C0untZer0, on 04 May 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

How much "gun violence" is there in Highland Park?

Pretty much zero.

Race Population

% of Total Total Population 29,763 100%

White 27,099 91%

Hispanic or Latino 2,167 7%

Asian 864 2 %

Some Other Race 748 2%

Black or African American 548 1%

Two or More Races 441 1%

https://suburbanstats.org/population/illinois/how-many-people-live-in-highland-park

Would like to cross-tab this with the percentage of HP residents who are either on psychotropic drugs or routinely engage in passive-aggressive behavior.

Anything to report?

IT was the typical liberal hang-wringing.

Rubicon and I held the fort.

Robin Kelly was late, they delayed the start of the meeting for her, but not for the Brady guy.

They let Kelly speak first, she suggested that she was unfairly tagged as a gun-grabber, but in the same brief spiel managed to call for a renewed national semi-auto ban.

SHE LEFT THE ASSEMBLY before the others on the panel were done speaking! Rude Rude Rude.

The Brady guy had shown up by then and they let him speak last. He his facts wrong about the triple village lawsuit.

He also repeatedly mentioned the ATF and the gun dealers that Brady does not like in the same sentence.

Mike Neirhiem held his remarks to crime and penalties, did not demonize guns or gun owners.

The staffers for Durbin and Morrison offered what one would expect from them, lukewarm anti-gunnedness with a short blast of semi-auto ban.

The mayor and/or the police chief passed around a poster board with pictures of the cellphone-looking gun, and remarked on how terrible a thing it was,

and requested that people request the banning of such.

The police chief was the moderator and called on me and Rubicon to let us ask questions, which of course turned into statements.

I remarked for those who questioned how we could have meaningful dialogue that they never would as long as they demonized gun owners and had lopsided panel discussions.

I pointed out the 3 anti-gun legislators or their appointed stand-ins, and the presence of the Brady's, without any conservative legislators or pro-gun groups./

I got to point out that everyone could find common ground if we talked about reducing crime.

Rubicon gave us the particulars of a recent murder in highland park that occurred with illegally held firearms.

Denyse Stonebeck (Niles suit) got to speak, but did not seem very effective.

Anything to report?

IT was the typical liberal hang-wringing.

Rubicon and I held the fort.

Robin Kelly was late, they delayed the start of the meeting for her, but not for the Brady guy.

They let Kelly speak first, she suggested that she was unfairly tagged as a gun-grabber, but in the same brief spiel managed to call for a renewed national semi-auto ban.

SHE LEFT THE ASSEMBLY before the others on the panel were done speaking! Rude Rude Rude.

I have always wanted to ask one of them if revolvers would be banned since except for the detachable magazines they function kind of the same way...

Is that a Magpul phone case in the pic?

No, its stock footage for the IDEAL Concept firearm. http://idealconceal.com/

I'm sure idealconceal would love to know someone is using their photo to promote gun control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thinking, I just sent it to them.

After Jeffery's suggestion and my email to Ideal Conceal, Kirk Kirk Kjellberg, CEO Ideal Conceal, Inc. contacted Highland Park and told them to stop using his image. Any amount of pushback on these people has got to help! Seems like a good guy - he is still trying to get approval to sell this in 0.38 - after that he is planning on making it in 9mm.

How much "gun violence" is there in Highland Park?

Rubicon reminded us all about a pretty gruesome murder committed there recently by people too young to own handguns.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/highland-park/chi-highland-park-death-arrests-20130607-story.html

Three charged in death of Highland Park man
Caption Video: 3 men arrested for murder of Highland Park man

Archived