CCL Revoked Because FOID Expired

Molly B.

When you live with this FOID thing hanging over your head for 7 0r 8 years,and have this sort of fear inside you of the reality of whats going on.Then you leave and go to another state.A free state with reasonable laws and honest people.You look back and see how pathetic and outrageous Illinois has become.Your whole perspective changes.Illinois was forced into this CC thing & there are making you pay for messing with their laws.I suppose the federal government could do something.If the liberals win in 2020.That will be off the table.You read these posts and wonder just what country your living in.I still believe anyone with a mental health issue of any kind is doomed,but the checks will be cashed.

My CCL was finally renewed on 07/25 so I applied for FOID renewal on 07/29. The expiration date of my FOID is 10/01. As of today, it is still under review (and expired?).

I printed a copy of the FOID payment receipt. Does anyone know if that receipt will serve same as a card (like CCL receipt) while waiting on receipt / final approval of actual thing?

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it back! Feels good to Once again provide an extra layer of protection for my family. Very grateful for the people who helped along the way. For those of you losing hope, it looks like you should get it back, even if it does take 14+ months.

Still staying in contact with my state rep to try to help the overall situation in IL.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just checking in, still nothing. I'll be reaching my 1 year anniversary before I know it, and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Happy 1 year anniversary of my CCL revocation appeal! Here's to another year!

Did you submit one of these forms?

attachicon.gifCCL Review Form (expired FOID).pdf

So, a few days after that, it went "Active"!!!

But, I'm not sure if I was supposed to get it in the mail or not. I haven't received it or any sort of notification.

Am I supposed to recover it from the police department I surrendered it to? Or are the state police just really slow to mail it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

So I ran into a similar issue, once my FOID expired (12/2018) my current CCL got revoked. I re-applied for my FOID card, once it got active (3/21/19) I request appeal (I wish, I knew about this form earlier). So far it's been over 15 month and still nothing. Did try calling ISP a few times and left messages but never got a called back or letter. When I check my status, it still show up as "Appeal Under Review".

Decided to search online and found this forum/topic. So I filled out the form and efax it. Figured that will be quicker then sending it via USPS.

So hopefully finger cross, I get a response back from them.

Hello Everyone,

So I ran into a similar issue, once my FOID expired (12/2018) my current CCL got revoked. I re-applied for my FOID card, once it got active (3/21/19) I request appeal (I wish, I knew about this form earlier). So far it's been over 15 month and still nothing. Did try calling ISP a few times and left messages but never got a called back or letter. When I check my status, it still show up as "Appeal Under Review".

Decided to search online and found this forum/topic. So I filled out the form and efax it. Figured that will be quicker then sending it via USPS.

If you don't hear anything in 90 days, let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

If you don't hear anything in 90 days, let us know.

So good news, in less then a month. I finally got my CCL in the mail yesterday. It took 15 month, but I’m glad I finally got it. Luckily I was able to find this post and fax out that sheet.

Thanks for help and this forum.

• 4 months later...

I the same as others did here, FOID expired and revoked my CCL. I renewed my foid got it in the mail. Hit that appeal button, waited 6 months. Finally talked to someone i was told nothing i could do. Wait 3 more months, a lady with attitude said to click the missing or damaged card tab. I did that and paid for a new card. Never received it after 3 months, Called and spoke to this very nice southern accent lady. She's like wows, i see all these documents attached to you file. She looked over all of them She's like wow you've done correctly. Then i told her what the last agent said to do, she told me that'

s the worst thing you could do. She apologized, she took my phone number down and email. Said she will contact her supervisor. Received a call few hours later, game me exact steps to be take to get it fixed. It will still take a bit but at least this time it wont be lost in the system. I send my conceal carry license in with a hand written note explaining exactly what went wrong and all with the appeal button. Within 2 months my CCL went active.. I have her email as well, very nice lady and the only one to help. Total time taken 2 years.... Time with the lady 2 months

• 2 weeks later...

Molly, my wife had her FOID and CCL expire in December last year. She also legally changed her last name and address to mine as well during that time period. What would her best route of action be? My local CC instructor says since it was Dec. she was not exempt from the Covid renewal of CCL like I am (mine expired in June but was able to renew online and need to submit renewal CC class within a year). He said she would have to submit everything new and take a new 16 hour class if she wants CCL again.

Molly, my wife had her FOID and CCL expire in December last year. She also legally changed her last name and address to mine as well during that time period. What would her best route of action be? My local CC instructor says since it was Dec. she was not exempt from the Covid renewal of CCL like I am (mine expired in June but was able to renew online and need to submit renewal CC class within a year). He said she would have to submit everything new and take a new 16 hour class if she wants CCL again.

Did she get letters from ISP stating her FOID and CCL had expired?

She believes she did, but not certain.

She believes she did, but not certain.

Has she renewed her FOID?

Has she logged into the ISP portal to see what the status of her CCL is? It should be either 'expired' or COVID-19.

Archived