time to take down Bloomberg

TRJ

https://twitter.com/i/status/1226973723720396808

The linked video is the audio of Mike Bloomberg's 2015 Aspen Institute speech where he goes on a rant about minority kids and guns. The actual video was taken down previously, but the audio made it back up.

Someone needs to record this before it goes away again.

The MSM lefty media is already doing it

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/02/leaked-audio-bloomberg-aspen-institute-racial-profiling-stop-and-frisk-policing.amp

Funny how this clip has been well known by us pro 2A people since it first came out, now the rest of the world is finally taking it seriously. Maybe theyll finally take seriously that all their gun control legislation they push mostly locks up black and brown minorities, not their avowed enemy, the rural American.

I'm not sure if the following story should be in the Virginia post or anti-Bloomberg:

Bloomberg skips opening of northern Virginia campaign office due to overwhelming presence of 2A supporters:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/hundreds-of-gun-rights-supporters-spoil-bloomberg-campaigns-arlington-va-gun-control-event/

As is typical of protests from the right, they were respectful and the police appreciated their courteousness. This is how you win!

Wait, that's NEWS? That's been widely known, Bloomberg's racist dislike of minorities having firearms, even over that of "regular" people having firearms, just like Daley I was a racist Irish guy from Bridgeport who didn't want "coloreds" to have firearms, and even colluded with LBJ about it, thus why we have the FOID card.

Essentially, if it is a wealthy politician who is for social equality, they want to be armed, have scary minorities disarmed, and have regular people be disarmed, but they and their fellow governing elites need to be protected by armed guards due to their special nature.

And I say this as a left-leaning libertarian, who believes that the average person is supposed to be armed to such an extent that the government and any elites who might suppress their rights, including the right to free speech, freedom from persecution, and the right to access private services such as abortion, live in mortal terror that if they annoy the population sufficiently that their fate will to be removed from power and influence with extreme prejudice.

I'm going to predict Super Tuesday will be horrible for lil' mikey.

He will do horrible in South Carolina first :laugh:

Wonder how he has built such a huge national staff in record time? He pays them well above the going rate, gives them free iPhones, free laptops, and guarantees job through the general election whether he is the nominee or not.

Nobody likes the guy, not even his staff.

I wonder if Michael Douglas showed up in Madison, WI the day after his father's funeral for free?

https://isthmus.com/news/news/when-money-is-no-object/

Isthmus spoke to one recently hired Bloomberg campaign staffer who asked to remain anonymous so as not to “lose the best job I’ve ever had.”

“I didn’t come into this as the biggest Bloomberg fan, he is growing on me. I’m not saying I’m not bought and paid for,” says the anonymous staffer. “He’s a billionaire. What he spends on this race he’s not going to miss. I’m a big supporter of his jobs plan for me.”

Isthmus confirmed salary details with online job postings for the Bloomberg campaign in other states, as well as with a source who was offered a regional director job in Wisconsin but ultimately turned it down. Field organizers, who are organizing canvasses and tabling events, are being paid $6,000 a month. More senior level positions like communication managers and office directors are receiving salaries closer to $10,000 a month.

Former leadership for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin is also jumping on the Bloomberg boat. Brandon Weathersby, former communications director for the state party, is Bloomberg’s press secretary for Wisconsin. Mike Tate, former state chair for the Dems, confirms he’s a senior advisor for the campaign.

Isthmus spoke with six people, all with experience working for campaigns in Wisconsin, who affirm that Bloomberg is paying staffers well above market rate and having a noticeable effect on the state campaigns of other presidential candidates, as well as races down the ballot; this is especially true in Milwaukee, which has competitive races for mayor and county executive the same day as the presidential primary on April 7.

One veteran campaign staffer, on condition of anonymity, told Isthmus Bloomberg is paying “top dollar.” Another put it like this: “[bloomberg] is paying a **** ton. Enough to make people forget he’s a former Republican.”

Heather Colburn, the state director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign in Wisconsin, isn’t working for the Bloomberg campaign in 2020. But she estimates the former New York City mayor is paying $2,000-$2,500 more a month for entry level staffers, an amount that just can’t be matched by other candidates.

In addition to above-market pay, campaign staffers are also being given iPhone 11s and Apple laptops that they get to keep if they work on the campaign through November. Promises that these well paying jobs will last through the entire election helped sell the gig to the anonymous staffer Isthmus spoke with.

“I’m going to get paid whether [bloomberg] is the nominee or not. We have all been promised our jobs will continue through November whoever the Democratic nominee ends up being,” says the staffer. “I’ve never had a job where they tell you, ‘Your brand new iPhone is on the way.’ It's insane.”

I wonder if Bloomberg is paying payroll taxes on these salaries? Or if his people are "independent contractors"? And if they are, if they will be paying their quarterly estimated taxes to the Feds, and as appropriate to the various states?

The thing about Bloomberg that I like;

He's paying all of his campaign folks through the election in November and has promised to support the eventual nominee. When he doesn't get the DNC nomination, he is likely to keep his substantial election machine in place to promote and support the nominee.

I would love to see Bloomberg wipe the debate floor with Trump... but I don't think Bloomberg will be the nominee.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 16, 2020 at 02:05 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 16, 2020 at 02:05 AM - No reason given
He's paying all of his campaign folks through the election in November and has promised to support the eventual nominee.

And he's overpaying them.

And he's giving them free iPhones and laptops.

They're all bought and paid for.

If they were any good they would have already had jobs with other campaigns months ago.

If he didn't do the 3 above things, they wouldn't even consider working for him.

It just proves some political workers are "whores".

And debates are for pussies, they mean nothing.

Nobody voting for Trump cares about a debate.

If you're for Bloomberg, give up your guns.

He's paying all of his campaign folks through the election in November and has promised to support the eventual nominee. When he doesn't get the DNC nomination, he is likely to keep his substantial election machine in place to promote and support the nominee.

I would love to see Bloomberg wipe the debate floor with Trump... but I don't think Bloomberg will be the nominee.

You do know that any Democrat President will appoint justices who will overturn Heller, don't you? Do you really hate Trump more than you want the right to keep and bear arms?

You do know that any Democrat President will appoint justices who will overturn Heller, don't you? Do you really hate Trump more than you want the right to keep and bear arms?

SCOTUS Justices don't belong to political parties nor take direction from petty ideals. It is a far higher calling than president, priest or anything that requires complete selfless dedication. The fear you hear (from both extremes) is for fundraising, sales and keeping you/us in line.

I don't hate Trump.

He's a con artist who is in it only for himself.

SCOTUS Justices don't belong to political parties nor take direction from petty ideals. It is a far higher calling than president, priest or anything that requires complete selfless dedication. The fear you hear (from both extremes) is for fundraising, sales and keeping you/us in line.

I don't hate Trump.

He's a con artist who is in it only for himself.

Please tell me which of the liberal leaning Justices sided with the Heller decision or any other 2A rights decisions in the last 20 years.

Obama and Biden were the real con artists.

Their families both got rich.

Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize the committee wishes they now never gave him. Think he'll return in along with the money?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960

Nobel secretary regrets Obama peace prize

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize the committee wishes they now never gave him. Think he'll return in along with the money?

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.[/size]

Adding context:

Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr Obama.

Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.

Regrets or not... Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize and Trump won’t get one.

He’ll have to be satisfied with Impeachment.

SCOTUS Justices don't belong to political parties nor take direction from petty ideals.

If the 2A is ever interpreted to meaninglessness it will be thanks to people like you.

You really don't think a Democrat vetts candidates according to ideology? Hillary ran on appointing justices to overturn Heller, and she would have done so.

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Regrets or not... Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize and Trump won’t get one.

He’ll have to be satisfied with Impeachment.

Yet another democratic party failure. Too bad. (NOT !!) :devil:

When Trump faces criticism, why do so many Trump supporters on TV, in real life or here, go to "the failings" of Obama and Biden or Democratics in general?

Is it a form of TDS or simply because there is no defense for the man....

Biden is running on what a great job him and the other con man did.

You're the one that brought up con men.

Here's another biggie you may not have noticed:

The Un-affordable Care Act

If you could afford your plan you got a average 300% increase while those who couldn't afford it get it free or for a highly discounted rate.

Here's a good one. If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. It's been proven that was a lie when he said it for months. I seem to remember the two speechwriters having a good laugh about it in an interview.

If you do have a grandfathered plan, it's gone up nearly 500% and nothing on the exchanges is similar and costs even more.

But back to lil' mikey.

He's a joke, but he can fill a coffee house or train station that is already busy in the morning!

The Un-affordable Care Act

If you could afford your plan you got a average 300% increase while those who couldn't afford it get it free or for a highly discounted rate.

If you do have a grandfathered plan, it's gone up nearly 500% and nothing on the exchanges is similar and costs even more.

This may be true for you and some others...

My non-subsidized private plan decreased in price during the first couple years of AHCA. Though it has risen a point or two each year, it's still less expensive for better coverage than it was before AHCA. I sometimes miss the high deductible catastrophic MSA plans that ran around $100 a month... the ones that covered nothing, but you could use your MSA account if you actually funded it.

The golden olden days are long gone and really weren't that great. RIP.

You're the one that brought up con men.

I believe I criticized Captain Bonespurs and you kinda defended him by bringing up Obama and Biden... TDS or just a schoolyard round of "I know you are but what am I"?

There's no need for you to defend Commander Creamsicle by deep digging into the past deeds of those who did the job far better than he ever will.... let his good deeds speak for him.

Archived